• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Windows 7 (BETA) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice

Just got a couple 64-bit keys on my first try using the technet method, first on Safari (OS X) and then on IE 8 in Vista.

Milpool

Crisis said:
I can't get my key to activate. Anyone else having the problem?

I'm getting 'Error Code 0x80072EE2', which is a time out. Not sure if it's down to my firewall or the servers though.

EDIT: Disabled my router firewall and it activated, so it could have been that.

gprime

Someone was saying that everyone is getting the same keys now? I just tried the method posted a page ago and got these keys:

64-bit

482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9

32-bit

GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

For everyone that generated one today, is yours in this group?

Alright, So windows 7 doesn't support my Wireless card, and windows vista had very shitty drivers for my wireless card? time to buy a new wireless card I guess.

What wireless card is the best bang for my buck right now? I don't need draft-n, 802.11G is fine, I need something that has good drivers for xp, vista and windows 7, linux would be nice too. Hopefully something that doesn't have some terrible configuration utility. Any suggestions?

gprime said:
Someone was saying that everyone is getting the same keys now? I just tried the method posted a page ago and got these keys:

64-bit

32-bit

Yep. I just got TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

How do I go about changing my product key? I was snooping around the registry but I couldn't find anything.

Woffls

xD
all 4 of my codes are listed there.
Either we've exploited the system and Microsoft are onto us, or this Beta wont be very limited :lol

skybaby

gprime said:

64-bit

32-bit

Those are the ones I got

CaptainABAB

The beta license allows unlimited installs, so the keys can be shared w/o worrying about hitting some install limit.

Just got mine an hour ago and it is also in the list...

My problem is that the direct download never completely finishes but it acts as if it did. I have a feeling that a lot of people who aren't checking the size are creating bogus DVDs

I'm probably going to find the SHA1 hash for the ISO, download it from a torrent and verify the contents. This is ridiculous.

j-wood

I went to the site to try and get into the beta, but it says they took it down temporarily because of crazy server demand :(

I just rated my laptop with the Windows Experience Index and everything was fine except for Primary HDD. I received a 1.9 on my Disk Data transfer rate. Everything else seems fine and my rating on Vista was 5.9.

Here is the total list:
wei2.png

Used one of the 64bit keys above and it worked. Thanks:) Although I don't see what benefit this gives me over using the crack I was using before...lol

striKeVillain! said:
I just rated my laptop with the Windows Experience Index and everything was fine except for Primary HDD. I received a 1.9 on my Disk Data transfer rate. Everything else seems fine and my rating on Vista was 5.9.

Here is the total list:
wei2.png

Probably have 4200rpm harddrive? I'm rated at a 4.9 and the lowest score I got was for my processor(Athlon x2 4000+). The ratings go up to 7.9 now too, so people complaining about the 5.9 max should be happy lol.

linkboy

I got my key earlier I got

RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH (64-bit)

I won't be able to download this until Friday at the latest, it better work.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
striKeVillain! said:

Here is the total list:
wei2.png
Re-run the assessment, and the score will go up.

BoboBrazil said:
Probably have 4200rpm harddrive? I'm rated at a 4.9 and the lowest score I got was for my processor(Athlon x2 4000+). The ratings go up to 7.9 now too, so people complaining about the 5.9 max should be happy lol.
Is there a way I can check my hard drive?

Median

I've currently got a Dell laptop as my only computer (buying a desktop within the next few months) and I was considering doing a dual boot with the Vista install that I already have. The only problem is that there's only one hard drive on the machine. Can I get away with partitioning that drive without running into issues, or should I consider just running a virtual machine or waiting for my new PC?

Crateman

I'm downloading the 64bit version as I'm typing this. I just have a few questions:

-Does Steam works? The computer I'm planning to install this on is basically my gaming rig and nothing more. Have you guys encountered any problems?

-Should I go with the partition method or is it safe to upgrade my current Vista install and use it as my default OS? I mean, is this thing stable enough to use it as an everyday OS?

Cyport

striKeVillain! said:

Funny I got exactly the same problem, numbers slightly different but yeah the hard drive was lower and made the overall score low

striKeVillain! said:
Is there a way I can check my hard drive?

If you download a pc tool like pc wizard or everest you can check the speed of the harddrive. Maybe you need to defgragment. I have a 7200rpm drive in my desktop and I got a 5.9 rating for it on the first try...

Cyport

Crateman said:
-Does Steam works? The computer I'm planning to install this on is basically my gaming rig and nothing more. Have you guys encountered any problems?

Steam works on my 32 bit, played Left 4 Dead and Portal with no problems

big_z said:
do download managers work in resuming the file. i need the iso too but cant get it.

I used wget. wget is the best thing mankind has ever made, i'm pretty sure. Worked great in the free VMWare player with ubuntu

rex64

Banned
TouchMyBox said:
so... everyone here using ethernet then? :(

I don't know is this help but, in my laptop i use a pcma D-Link DWL-G650+ AirPlusG+ wi-fi card and works like a charm with xp drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom