• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori Premium Screen Protector Nintendo Switch Flaw

FYI, I have heard reports of this exact same issue occurring with the amFilm tempered glass screen protector. I believe that the issue in both cases is the adhesive bubbling while under the heat generated by a docked Switch, and I would suggest not docking the Switch for 48 hours after applying any screen protector.

Lucifon

FYI, I have heard reports of this exact same issue occurring with the amFilm tempered glass screen protector. I believe that the issue in both cases is the adhesive bubbling while under the heat generated by a docked Switch, and I would suggest not docking the Switch for 48 hours after applying any screen protector.

I think this is it. Let the adhesive settle for a bit before gaming again and heating the thing up. I'd say 24 hours will probably do the job but 48 if you really want to be safe.

Eusis

Does the screen protector settling advice apply to the regular Hori one too? I think what I want to do is use that for now and upgrade to tempered glass when convenient and when the dust settles on that front and the clear best choices become obvious.

So I just played for an additional hour or so, enough to run the battery flat and so far there are no issues. I hope that it's only due to not giving the adhesive enough time to cure as mine went on perfectly.

vampyren

Neo Member
Tempered glass is superior. You guys should get those instead.

Which one did you buy and from where? In sweden i cant find any :/

Also what is the difference between Hori regular and premium? cant find that info anywhere either. I love Hori screen protectors. Shame they made a bad batch. I'm sure they fix it.

NeOak

Which one did you buy and from where? In sweden i cant find any :/

Also what is the difference between Hori regular and premium? cant find that info anywhere either. I love Hori screen protectors. Shame they made a bad batch. I'm sure they fix it.
Premium version is a thicker plastic than the regular.

Chiming in to say that I bought the cheaper Hori protector and have had zero issues thus far. Went on perfect and I can't even tell it's there without looking. Played Switch for hours and hours this weekend and have no bubbles or peeling.

Chorazin

Yeah my Premium Hori is just bubbles on all sides now when I pull it from the dock. Amazon doesn't expect to send me a replacement for a month, I'm guessing Hori is gonna reformulate them.

Have a glass set on the way for delivery on Thursday, guess after I apply it i'll just hold off on docking it for a day.

Sealtest

Not a big update but Hori has posted on a comment on their Facebook page that they're looking into the problem and to email them for assistance.

h9ss1RS.jpg

The AmFilms ones from Amazon are fantastic! I went through 2 garbage Hori ones and just installed my AmFilm tempered glass one today. They give you 2 in the pack but first one installed flawlessly!

Quoting my own pics so they do not show up as gigantic!

Not a crack or any bubbles at top just reflection the switch screen is super duper reflective I've noticed!

Realeza

Banned
Chiming in to say that I bought the cheaper Hori protector and have had zero issues thus far. Went on perfect and I can't even tell it's there without looking. Played Switch for hours and hours this weekend and have no bubbles or peeling.

Same here. Have played extensive hours of Zelda and the screen protector looks perfectly in place.

I wrote to Hori when the issue arose with my premium screen protector. Hori just sent me a replacement Premium screen protector along with a letter saying that it had been revised to fix the issues. Has anyone tried the revised version out yet?

Sealtest

I wrote to Hori when the issue arose with my premium screen protector. Hori just sent me a replacement Premium screen protector along with a letter saying that it had been revised to fix the issues. Has anyone tried the revised version out yet?

They sent me a regular version and promised they would send me a premium once the problem was fixed. Haven't gotten anything about it being fixed yet.

Top Bottom