• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People removing brand logos from clothes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOONAMI

200.gif

That reebok gear as all pretty sweet really.

My dad, Oxbridge counter culture 70s kid that he was, always says his chums used to do this back then.

Very little i wear has any logo anyway.

trixx

There's tons of clothes you can get with little to no logos at urban outfitters, Uniqlo and such and still look decent

ty_hot

I have many Volcom shirts, all of them have their logo, but it's not the logo itself, its always stylized. People that dont know them dont even think that there is a big logo right in front of them.

I have 2 nike shirts that I need to think twice before wearing them because of the not so big logo on them... only bought because they have high quality materials...

Hate these logo stuff. Another thing that I hate: shirts with 'city' theme. "New York' shirt... "LA" shirt, these two are in all stores... generic USA colors/flag as well. arrgh. in the meantime the person wearing those shirts have neve been to those places, nor have any knowledge about them.

King_Moc

Banned
Just buy less expensive but exactly the fucking same clothes with no logo... jesus.

The expensive stuff is generally a lot better though. I hate logo's, and it's often a pain finding clothes I like that don't turn me into a billboard. I'm glad this is becoming more of a thing.

NJDEN

I hate logos and try to make everything as minimal and flat as possible. I recently scraped off the logos on my giant mouse pad for this exact reason... If it didn't cost a couple hundred bucks I'd send my macbook in to get the apple removed.

Their is something attractive about the simplicity and lack of branding.

AllenShrz

I have 2 nike shirts that I need to think twice before wearing them because of the not so big logo on them... only bought because they have high quality materials...

Gigantic lies detected. Nike and quality should never, ever, be on the same paragraph.

Reading this thread, I'm thinking most people on GAF dress like shit if they avoid most branded goods with logo.

Outside of the logo, branded clothes are more expensive for a reason also...

This thread made you realize that? GAF has a problem with branded clothing and "advertising" but have no problem wearing their favorite kideo game t-shirts in public. Don't come here for the fashion advice, bruh.

AllenShrz

Reading this thread, I'm thinking most people on GAF dress like shit if they avoid most branded goods with logo.

Outside of the logo, branded clothes are more expensive for a reason also...

You can get out. Many expensive brands and custom made clothes don't use logos.

Gallbaro

Banned
2016MLBACsticker.jpg

Was brilliantly stumbled into by the brand.

I think it is suppose to be a statement of wealth among poor people? Kind of like Jordans?

Logos started on clothes as statements of wealth.

5taquitos

My wife does this with all our baby clothes, it's the only way to get rid of all that "Ladies Man in Training" and other dumb shit baby clothes have plastered all over them.

M3d10n

I have a week's worth of Unreal Engine 4 branded t-shirts I got for free at various events. They all have nice fits.

DavidDesu

If Superdry could remove those hideously uncomfy and bulky labels stitched into the back of their T-shirts and shirts AND if they could make their sizes actually representative and not make the clothes feel tight when I pick TWO SIZES above what usually fits me fine with every other brand.. that would be great, thanks!

Not even remotely worth the effort. If you want blank shirts just go buy a 20 pack of plain t shirts or something at the dollar store.

I remember when I bought a bag some time ago. There was a logo that I did not even recognise, and believed it was part of design. Did not think about it a lot. Then the first day I carry it I am teased about being a brand person. Apparently it was a super hip brand from the 80's that was bought and reused.

I'd avoid branded stuff as it makes me more of target in getting mugged. But none of my clothes (H&M, Mango, etc) have logos at all, save for my cheap (but well built) current bag and a pair of converse. I'm feeling pretty stupid about wanting a Michael Kors wallet. It's like the only brand thing I would like to own, but I have to tell myself that it's a waste of money and I can buy something much better for cheaper

This has to be one of the most pretentious movements I've ever heard of lmao.. I hope those clothes look best with their fedora, starbucks coffee and macbook when they suit up.

Cringe lvl over 9000

It's not that I'm logo averse, but I will generally not find clothing all that attractive if it has a monstrously huge logo emblazoned on it. Something smaller I'm not going to give a shit about, or if the logo is worked into the design in some cool way.

Xe4

Banned
This has to be one of the most pretentious movements I've ever heard of lmao.. I hope those clothes look best with their fedora, starbucks coffee and macbook when they suit up.

Cringe lvl over 9000

What? It's pretentious to not want to advertise a brand on a piece of clothing that you bought?
Ok.

I avoid shirts and brands with obnoxious logos. The current trend in luxury retail is focused on minimalist designs. Gaudy in your face designs was a big thing in the early 2000. I like buying high quality tshirts from Lululemon because you can barely spot their logo. For most people I think Zara, H&M and Uniqlo are there go to store when avoiding logos.

Subitai

My philosophy is, if the clothes do not have a logo, I'm not paying much for them. You can get plenty of quality generic stuff at warehouse stores and Goodwill.

Stuff happens in cycles anyway, and logos will come back.

I avoid shirts and brands with obnoxious logos. The current trend in luxury retail is focused on minimalist designs. Gaudy in your face designs was a big thing in the early 2000. I like buying high quality tshirts from Lululemon because you can barely spot their logo. For most people I think Zara, H&M and Uniqlo are there go to store when avoiding logos.

Yeah. I kinda feel like Armani Exchange fell into that. I see quite a few people wearing AX clothing with their hideous and large logos on it.

NewFresh

Not even remotely worth the effort. If you want blank shirts just go buy a 20 pack of plain t shirts or something at the dollar store.

As someone who used to do this, pay a bit more and buy some nicer quality plain tees. Those cheap undershirts are meant to be cheap undershirts. Buy some from uniqlo, H&M, etc....

I've been following mid to high-end male fashion for awhile and you can clearly see how this is the natural outcome. Brands that market themselves as high-quality and direct-to-consumer do not include logos on their items.

You can look through old YouTube videos back when people cared about logos "Polo everything. Polo down." But now it is pretty lame to have your identity wrapped up in a brand/logo.

I don't expect most people on forums not dedicated to fashion to care or notice these trends.

Yeah. I kinda feel like Armani Exchange fell into that. I see quite a few people wearing AX clothing with their hideous and large logos on it.

Yup AX was obnoxious with their logo but now I see more shirts that either lack a design or have a small AX on it.

The worst was Ed Hardy back in 2000-2009

Clothes with logos tend to be pricier. I suspect this is more due to folks not having as much cash to buy $150 nikes or $70 slim fitted jeans from X place.

Rktk

Fortunately I don't need to buy clothes with logos and remove them. Big logos have been tacky this whole time I feel.

AX is a great example, it bears the name but it's not Georgio Armani, it's low grade stuff.

EVOL 100%

I fucking hate it when I see a nice jacket and then there's a gigantic ugly logo printed on the back.

I'm fine with nice logos, but most just look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom