• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dennis D comes back from the ice bucket and shows off new Too Human screen (berieve?)

Reave

Mike G.E.D. said:
If Silicon Knights can put a beautifully polished demo on Marketplace, they could easily turn this whole thing around. Easily.
Definitely. But I think SK is way too paranoid to let the public play an unfinished game now.

Chris_C

I think it looks pretty good, impressed at the visual upgrade and the change in Baldur's armor. I really do with they'd change his clean shaven generic action guy head though. A Norse God named Baldur should have some character too him, he looks like Bruce Willis/Jason Statham/Vin Diesel etc at the moment.

Denis was doing a crazy amount of interviews at E3 and he was very poilte and patient about the whole thing, it did actually seem like they were actively trying get feedback from the demo unlike just about every other dev there (apart from the Witcher guys). Everyone else was like "here's our game, play it, sweat handed journalist."

Good job Denis, I had my doubts but it seems things might be on track.

jett

D-Member
That picture doesn't look impressive in the least.

And I can't believe Dyack keeps pushing the "pre-e3 demo engine was better, promise!" bullshit. It seems he forgets the leaked video of the mythical superior demonstration was of the one that was shown to the press.

This game is all about cool camera angles, but this screen is a bit too emo for me. Let's see some more boss action or some of the slow motion gore shots like those that were released for GoW

GhaleonEB

Pic looks good, but as always - I want to see it in motion. Dennis is saying all the right things. I'm still hopefull for this game.

Dizzy

Banned
Looks good graphically, but I wasn't keen on the gameplay that I saw before. Hopefully there will be a demo.

Gigglepoo

Man, I don't understand the hate. This game is still four player co-op, right? And it isn't a crappy Marvel game? What's not to like?

raYne

Looking better, but.. eh..

After “The Ice Bucket”: A direct dump from the Xbox 360 frame buffer off a new build of Too Human. Those with keen eye will notice soft shadows, 4x AA, atmospheric scattering, cloth.... Frame rate, camera and seamless loading are no longer problems.
Yea, releasing pics is the best way to show those off.

Reznor said:
Definitely. But I think SK is way too paranoid to let the public play an unfinished game now.

I´m sure SK will put a demo up once they are satisfied with its level of polish. Hopefully playing will = believing.

Duderz

Banned
That...doesn't look bad at all. And I think it's a compliment that people are drawing comparisons to GoW, considering how great that game is.

SK delivers? :O

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it...really does look like gow, though. that could be a hall from level 1 leading into the caves from level 3. now with less juice and more tentacles.

Pud

Banned
4xAA?? LOL Not unless it's running on PC. UE3 for 360 !=AA.

Though you can definately tell its an UE3 game, due to the fact that it looks pretty much like every other UE3 game. God I'm beginning to hate that 'art style' and colour scheme. It almost makes VGCats relevant. And let's also ignore the Gamecube-looking muddy brown textures in the background, too.

Duderz

Banned
Well, at the same time, "coming back from the ice bucket" (WTF) should be more than just a simple screenshot.

When's more info coming?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Moderation Unlimited said:
The main character's face looks puffy/fat. He's supposed to be chisled, with a square jaw...not looking like he belongs on a Jenny Craig commercial.

dyack.jpg

im so sorry

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I think we might be getting close to the point were screenshots no longer can be an accurate assessment of the graphic quality of a game. I also remember when folks here were crappin' on Gears of War, and more recently, Crackdown. I know that I thought that Kameo was going to be garbage, until I played it. I had the same feeling about the utter goofiness of the alien pics in Resistance (Sam Cassell with capacitors sticking out of his back lol) until I played it.

Too Human isn't interesting me as much as BioShock and Mass Effect, but I'm definitely not writing it off.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Draft said:
Shouldn't a Norse god have a beard?

I'm just saying.

Thats whats needed to throw off the Bald Space Marine shit. Drop a beard on this brooding protagonist. A neckbeard would be awesome.

Pud

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Thats whats needed to throw off the Bald Space Marine shit. Drop a beard on this brooding protagonist. A neckbeard would be awesome.

Perhaps they want to keep consistant with the rest of the UE3 games? :D

Dave Long

Banned
drohne said:
it...really does look like gow, though. that could be a hall from level 1 leading into the caves from level 3. now with less juice and more tentacles.

Exactly.

DEVELOPERS, QUIT MAKING ALL YOUR GAMES THE COLOR GRAY!

Dunpeal

Banned
Guys just stfu about the color will yah? What do you want? Pink and purple?

Its Sci Fi. And i like the tech wizards around here that say Denis is lying about 4xAA. Jesus christ.

Pud

Banned
Dunpeal said:
Its Sci Fi. And i like the tech wizards around here that say Denis is lying about 4xAA. Jesus christ.

Are you aware of what the UE3 is capable of on the 360? I guess you clearly are not.

Hunter D

Game looks great to me. From the pic it looks like players can explore that whole section of the cave. IMO the cave in GOW looks a little better, but didn't look as explorable as the cave in that pic.

Edit: Do people know that the main character can be customized? I remember Dennis saying this in an interview.

Mifune

Mehmber
XSamu said:
WOW @ other (older) screens, me loves :D

Too bad they've ditched that entire color palette for one that falls more in line with that of Microsoft's new big gun.

I mean, I'm just basing that on this new screenshot, but it seems like a pretty reasonable assumption.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hunter D said:
Edit: Do people know that the main character can be customized? I remember Dennis saying this in an interview.
Yes, he is customizeable, which would be needed especially for co-op. Hmm, maybe one customization they'll consider is giving him hair? :D
Mifune said:
I mean, I'm just basing that on this new screenshot, but it seems like a pretty reasonable assumption.
:lol :lol :lol

XSamu

Banned
Mifune said:
Too bad they've ditched that entire color palette for one that falls more in line with that of Microsoft's new big gun.

What are you talking about my friend. You've seen one new screenshot of an indoor place.

Tieno

XSamu said:
WOW @ other (older) screens, me loves :D
The environments are incredible in this game. I almost don't care about the gameplay. Just give me 30fps and I'll just admire that.

Here are some other older screens and art showing off the limited color pallette this game has.

too-human-20060509032838229.jpg

too-human-20060509032841791.jpg

too-human-20060501024934475.jpg

too-human-20060613000132734.jpg

(art)
too-human-20060509033629427.jpg

too-human-20060509033628333.jpg

XSamu

Banned
The different environments is because you can travel between planets if I'm correct? Gotta say I'm really loving the game, this got my hopes up :D

Mifune said:
Wasn't being serious.
Haha ok

Tieno

XSamu said:
The different environments is because you can travel between planets if I'm correct? Gotta say I'm really loving the game, this got my hopes up :D

Haha ok
It's also part due to that there's this cyber world (think Matrix). Especially the green trees and stuff is in the cyber world, if I remember correctly. Don't know about the travelling.

Mifune

Mehmber
I haven't heard anything about traveling to other planets. Although the old PSone Too Human seemed to have something to do with outer space, so I guess it's possible.

Cyberspace is the portion of the game that intrigues me the most.

XSamu

Banned
Tieno said:
It's also part due to that there's this cyber world (think Matrix). Especially the green trees and stuff is in the cyber world, if I remember correctly. Don't know about the travelling.
Euhm what? I did NOT know about that...

I just thought you where on a different planet (in a different galaxy?), and there were these cybernetic gods and you, as lowly (half) cybernetic god fight for the humans etc. I didn't know there was something like a matrix kinda world.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Aesir is a Norse concept/idea so of course it'd be in the game as it revolves around Norse mythology, so I expect other famous names like Odin, Ragnarok and the like (used in Final Fantasy's) will be here as well.

Top Bottom