• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.74 now available

Just received that email.

They really ballsed this up. Again.

Looks like they fixed the Destiny 2, ROTTR crash bug though. Which makes the inconvenience worth it.

Edit : It's taking ages to repopulate the gaming list. Number creeping up slowly. Just past 150 now.

acejas

Neo Member
If we had beta v5.0 Will we need to re-register for beta 6 or will t just be automatically installed like this 1 did before I could turn off auto install

eFKac

Just downloaded and installed it and now system is telling me that PSN is under maintenance when it's clearly not.

Anyone had this problem?

netBuff

The Beta didn't cause things to 'break', the rollback to non-Beta software did. I've been in the beta before and didn't get rolled back to non-beta software before the final version came out.

That's part of enrolling in beta programs: Stuff is unfinished and going to break. Stick to release versions if you're unwilling to accept this.

tootie923

Just downloaded and installed it and now system is telling me that PSN is under maintenance when it's clearly not.

Anyone had this problem?

Might be related - I couldn't sync trophies after going from the beta to 4.74. Restarting fixed it.

Rebuilding the database also caused my system to re-download old patches from MGSV, Tricky Towers, Disc Jam and Rocket League. A little annoying.

GazzaGSi

Balls, just switched the console on and it's auto updated from 5.00 beta to official 4.74 and everything is messed up from app/folder organisation to corrupt data icons on the home screen.

Sorry if I've been browsing the forum with my eyes closed but what is the issue people have been having with Destiny 2 on the Pro? I've been playing on my Pro since D2 launched and haven't encountered any issues or crashes. Is it something specific?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Balls, just switched the console on and it's auto updated from 5.00 beta to official 4.74 and everything is messed up from app/folder organisation to corrupt data icons on the home screen.

Sorry if I've been browsing the forum with my eyes closed but what is the issue people have been having with Destiny 2 on the Pro? I've been playing on my Pro since D2 launched and haven't encountered any issues or crashes. Is it something specific?

game crashes a lot for some pro users

The UI lag going from 5.0 beta 5 to 4.74 on PS4 Pro is real. Finally got my folders reorganized and it looks like every digital game I have needs to reupdate.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
This borked my PS4 Pro.

Tried rebuilding the database. Nothing.

Had to completely re-initialise my Pro and restore from a hard drive.

NightOnyx

Just played Destiny 2 for about 5 hours and I had zero crashes. So this update seems to have fixed the crashing for me finally.

Gator86

Same. Booted out of beta and pushed to 4.74 automatically. I've had over 20 crashes in D2 so far. It was basically broken for me.

So confused. Wish I never did beta now.

So as it stands now if I want to play Destiny 2 I have to install 4.74 at the risk of it screwing crap up? I don't think I have auto updates on atm.

wowzors

So as it stands now if I want to play Destiny 2 I have to install 4.74 at the risk of it screwing crap up? I don't think I have auto updates on atm.

That's what it sounds like, I'm in the same boat so I guess no destiny for the foreseeable future.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it again

Do patches apply here? Certainly not, right?

GazzaGSi

Do patches apply here? Certainly not, right?

All my games that had patches released during the 5.00 beta all started downloading again (COD, FF, GTA, R6 Siege to name afew).

Mine wasn't as bad as I first thought, just the folder layout had changed a bit and the corrupted icon disappeared once I ejected the disc. On D2 right now with no issues after going from 5.00 to 4.74

darknil

Are there any news for beta patch 6?

If that's not there my options to raid on Destiny today would be to download the game again?? -_-

NewDust

Guess the software installed during 5.00 (both game and patches) have a flag with 5.00 as most current firmware, seeing 4.74 as a downgraded fw and refusing to run. Which is how things should work, weren't it that 5.0 was in Beta...

Guess if you desperately need to play online, than "up"grad to 4.74, otherwise wait out the new beta update. Sony probably also shouldn't auto update beta firmware, and have that setting auto turn off in betas.

GazzaGSi

App updates have also been redownloaded too. Glad I don't have an ISP cap.

ySgX7TA.jpg

ilIm2ox.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Any word on if it helps with the D2 Pro issues?

I haven't had much of a problem but my buddy who got the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro Bundle can barely play.

JP

This is so strange, I had absolutely no issues playing Destiny 2 on the Pro running the latest beta firmware but updated to v4.74 this morning anyway and none of my games have had to redownload updates.

I've even bought Injustice 2 in the sale and downloaded it mainly in Standby and I've had no updates at all today, I've even tried a few games and I've had no issues with any of the games that I've tried.

MrBS

As 4.74 was installing it suddenly hit me wait I'm on the 5.0 beta on an alt account ARGH!. Had minor heart failure rolling back to 4.74 and only a fraction of the games on my 4TB external appeared, for those who also panic about this, fear not! My PS4 seemed to populate the database one game at a time so after leaving it for 10 minutes everything was back.

YMMV but my copy of Destiny 2 worked fine immediately and that was downloaded on the 5.0 beta.

Top Bottom