• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PGR4 Hands-on + Pics

danwarb

MassiveAttack said:
We've seen better and better already exists in GT:HD. There's little question that Bizarre will refine its shaders before release and there's no reason to doubt their ability either. As of today though, I think Nostromo is correct.
Not every racing game needs to look like GT:HD. PGR has its own style; and it's awesome.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
935830_20070703_screen004.jpg

ok, looks like bizarre is doing the bikes VERY well, at least visually. this looks awesome, cant ****ing wait.

still wonder how the bump heavy cluster**** of online racing will translate with bikes... i dont want people bouncing off of one another but it would also be quite hard to get through turn one on a bike without dying if they had it even semi-realistic

IJoel

The game looks great and I can't wait to play it. Man, when it rains it POURS! This fall's game lineup is just incredible.

GreekWolf

MightyHedgehog said:
Well, his first post was the kind of troll that makes a statement without any reasoning behind it that isn't usually tolerated around these parts...unless you're a known personality or it was actually funny.
Drinky has more clout than devs confirmed. :lol

I actually feel bad for the guy now. While he should have certainly chosen his words a bit more carefully, I had no idea it was going to send him packing. Hey Nostromo, don't worry bud I forgive you. I'm still picking up HS on day 1. Can't afford to miss out on the gaming goodness.

DD-11

Y2Kev said:
30 FPS or 60 FPS?

30. Now shut up about that. Leave PGR 30 and pretty. If you want 60 play Forza. Most of us want sex at 30 fps.

Yeah, pretty classless comment coming from a dev. Bravo Luke. Bravo Mods. I hope the livery is at least comparable to Forza's, I want to make pretty things.

bluemax

Banned
Heh someone with actual technical expertise speaks out on something and they get banned.

Thousands of gaffers act like graphics programming experts and nothing happens.

Life is ironic sometimes.

danwarb said:
Not every racing game needs to look like GT:HD. PGR has its own style; and it's awesome.
Exactly. PGR's always been about stylized color usage...more like the ol' airbrushed pinup posters of Lambos and Ferraris than actual photos.

PleoMax

Banned
vspectra06 said:
Real cars look plasticky, oh noes!

5zr0lxx.jpg

67x4swn.jpg

Only difference I see is the car color, which mainly has to do with the environmental lighting.

Real life uses last generation cars shading.

Cmon son. You gotta keep up.

bluemax said:
Heh someone with actual technical expertise speaks out on something and they get banned.

Well played, sir.

GreekWolf

bluemax said:

Yeah, I wonder what your opinion would be if Stinkles showed up in the Killzone thread right after it's big unveiling and made a derogatory comment.

Then you'd see the irony.

Mmmkay

So yeah, back to the game, I think it looks fantastic. I wonder if they're using a different motion blur technique for the cars and bikes, the game seems to give them a nicer result than the environments.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm still stuck in shock that he's banned. I mean Che use to say negative stuff all the time about PS3 games, but I never thought he'd get banned.

Hell sometimes it was fun arguing with Che.

bluemax

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Yeah, I wonder what your opinion would be if Stinkles showed up in the Killzone thread right after it's big unveiling and made a derogatory comment.

Then you'd see the irony.

Is he even a programmer? Isn't he something like the community manager or whatever?

Also I know you're trying to make me out to be a Sony fanboy but I'm console agnostic.

bluemax said:

Umm, I see flaws in the graphics, but there's nothing "plastic" about the cars. It was a typical "troll" statement.

This looks plastic to me.

1089316727.jpg

This does not.

67x4swn.jpg

GreekWolf

bluemax said:
Is he even a programmer? Isn't he something like the community manager or whatever?

Also I know you're trying to make me out to be a Sony fanboy but I'm console agnostic.
That wasn't my point, but never mind. The thread's been derailed enough.

Screens look great and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this puppy. Who will challenge Greek's Kawasaki Ninja? :D

PleoMax

Banned
bluemax said:

So, you don't believe in jesus?

LukeSmith

Quazar said:
I bet mods are getting spammed right now. Free Nostromo! Is this the first banned developer?

Frankie got banned once, way back when. We were just talking about it the other day.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Leave me the F outta this one, you wacky kids.

I'm just as excited about E3 as the rest of you.

MGS4 trailer fapping included, aight?

But yeah, PGR4 is looking really nice. Buddy of mine took a trip to Bizarre to help tighten up level 3. Can't wait to see what they do with the replay system.

squicken

mckmas8808 said:
I'm still stuck in shock that he's banned. I mean Che use to say negative stuff all the time about PS3 games, but I never thought he'd get banned.

It wasn't the criticism, it was that first post. There was no context. It read like some random junior's attempt at funny. The rest of his posts were fine.

It's too bad about this thread. I always buy the PGR games, and can't wait for this one. I'm a little worried about the bikes, and if the manufacturers will allow bikes to take spills. My buddies and I don't drive in what you'd call a technical manner when we play PGR.

jet1911

mckmas8808 said:

Well Che never came into a thread saying "plastic cars lolz" too. ;)

The number of bans today is pretty high though. :lol

Mar

LukeSmith said:
I think Evilore said once that no one gets special treatment.

The motorcycles remind me how much I miss Road Rash.

Exactly my thoughts. I hope in PGR4 you can shunt another rider into the path of an on coming vehicle. That shit is hilarious no matter how many thousands of times you do it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
chespace said:
But yeah, PGR4 is looking really nice. Buddy of mine took a trip to Bizarre to help tighten up level 3. Can't wait to see what they do with the replay system.

i hope your buddy wasnt someone responsible for F2's replay system :/

i had to

DCharlie

Banned
Nostromo should be definitely brought back, but we then have to allow everyone who derides the game play in Heavenly Sword a free pass to trash it.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
op_ivy said:
i hope your buddy wasnt someone responsible for F2's replay system :/

i had to

Your mouth. Shut it.

No, he's working on audio.

Well to be fair, the cars in PGR3 were the most ridiculously shiny things I have ever seen, but hey as long as it looks good.

Also interested to see how they will balance out bikes against cars, can't imagine that would be easy.

today has been an exciting day. the bikes look great, that city pic is jaw dropping. With forza my main game now, I'm in such a racing mode.

Rat Salad

Banned
Whats the official word-is it going to release this year?
But anyways-bikes and cars...all in the same race?
I'm getting evil thoughts here.

Like some of the fender bending on XBox Live at times isn't enough,there will be crazies trying to take bike riders out now. :D

I hope they bring back the no collision system once again.
Otherwise those bikers better be holding shotguns. hah.

dfyb

Banned
squicken said:
It wasn't the criticism, it was that first post. There was no context. It read like some random junior's attempt at funny. The rest of his posts were fine.
which is why people jumped the gun too soon. he has the expertise to back up his claims, but he wasn't given teh opportunity to do so because people focused on a small, insignificant comment.

How are they going to manage the bikes versus cars. I mean, the bikes should have the maneuverability angle while cars have top speed...but one touch of a car on a bike would always end up the same.

dfyb said:
which is why people jumped the gun too soon. he has the expertise to back up his claims, but he wasn't given teh opportunity to do so because people focused on a small, insignificant comment.
Well, he probably should not have even made that first comment since most non-regulars would likely be banned for that as well. Anyway, who cares. It's done and NeoGAF's never been a ****ing democracy.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
I'm going to play this with the wheel for the cars, but the pad for the bikes. I hope they devise a quick way to switch between the two controllers.

USC-fan

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Frankie got banned once, way back when. We were just talking about it the other day.
the preeminent video game industry discussion community.... :D ;)

CrapSandwich said:
I'm going to play this with the wheel for the cars, but the pad for the bikes. I hope they devise a quick way to switch between the two controllers.
is the wheel even worth getting?

DCharlie

Banned
We've seen better and better already exists in GT:HD. There's little question that Bizarre will refine its shaders before release and there's no reason to doubt their ability either. As of today though, I think Nostromo is correct.

have you actually seen PGR4 running in the flesh?

hgplayer1

S8 RoXoRz said:
OMG PGR4 W/ Cosmetic Damage Confirmed!?

what? PGR has had cosmetic damage the last two games hasnt it? I wish they would try something different from the paint scraping away and leaving that greyish scratch on the paint. maybe make a way to dull or smear the cars color?

Ill be skeptical about the bikes until I play the game. I cant see how mixing bikes and cars will be fun unless they get the bike mechanics perfect. will it feel like Moto GP or Midnight Club? Im sure someone here will be able to tell from the screenshots. I cant wait!

Top Bottom