• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Dogma trailer and screens (Drake Battle!)

Pooya

DLC comes 60 days earlier, this is the fact sheet they released yesterday. looks like it's just for one pack with 8 quest?

http://press.xbox360.com/product.asp?p=160&grp=Xbox+360+Games&event=4

• Timed exclusive Game Add On – Xbox 360 owners will have the opportunity to purchase game add-on content featuring an additional eight quests 60 days before other platforms.

you don't need Xbox Live Gold to use online feature either (pawn sharing etc).

RedSwirl

If there is a PC version of this game (and I believer there will be), what's usually the delay time for Capcom PC ports. I know Dead Rising 2 came out day-and-date on PC, but that was a different developer and engine. I think RE6 is the first game Capcom has even announced a PC version for right off the bat.

Anteater

Really? That's all you want? Well gee you're easy to please. There is a designer somewhere crying as he reads this. Damn kids these days.

Whaaaat, I do want variety and depth, that's kind of a given, but what's wrong with the stuff he listed lol, unless the combat and classes are incredibly shallow, if they delivered all those things he listed, it already makes it a pretty great game, especially on delivering an incredibly fun combat and boss fights, which not a lot of open world rpgs were able to do.

maybe I'm missing the sarcasm

As for the exclusive DLCs, that's kind of dumb since no one knows what they are, being a new IP, and I don't think I want to buy extra 8 quests... maybe they're main quest related, the main game better have enough contents Capcom! Rather than pleasing the 360 crowd, it's more like they're trying to piss off the ps3 players.

Anteater

Capcom just uploaded something called the "Progression" teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8obORDYFDaI

I'd watch it quickly because a few days ago they uploaded a bunch of environment videos and then quickly took them down.

Hey that's pretty cool, looking forward to part 2 of the trailer, they're actually adding narrative to the videos lol

Hopefully we'll get a better view on the combat and the pawn system, hopefully they talk about spells and stuff too

Anteater

Holy Shit I just noticed something, guys... GUYS!

I think there's a JUMPKICK IN THE GAME

jumpkick2gjkh6.gif

Edit: Slower version!

Seems like you could stop them from biting, there's another pawn at the back that's doing the same thing:

eatenwyjq0.gif

monome

The game looks incredible, and I don't say it lightly. It's clearly visible how much talent CAPCPCOM has pour poured into it.

Every thing I see is awesome.

Hauk

Neo Member
This indeed looks awesome, combat mechanics and setting -wise but seeing how fucking bad Dead Rising 2 was on the PS3 (all the loading and awful performance) I think I'll see if there's a PC port on the horizon :/

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too bad they didn't show off some more diverse environments yet, but maybe that's for the best.

Natiko

Banned
I kind of wrote this game off but after watching a few of the videos from this thread I'm back on board. Really interested in checking this out now.

Anteater

well but isn't there any multiplayer at all?

Nope, no multiplayer in Dragon's Dogma, you kind of "raise" your own pawn and share it on the net and you could use the ones other people uploaded, that's the online feature it's using, supposedly the AIs can learn from your actions and the enemies they've fought, so they will be smarter and give you tips and act differently.

I don't know why Capcom keep trying to advertise the feature as a "multiplayer feature", it's technically correct I guess but it seems to be really misleading judging from how many people have been questioning about it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nope, no multiplayer in Dragon's Dogma, you kind of "raise" your own pawn and share it on the net and you could use the ones other people uploaded, that's the online feature it's using, supposedly the AIs can learn from your actions and the enemies they've fought, so they will be smarter and give you tips and act differently.

I don't know why Capcom keep trying to advertise the feature as a "multiplayer feature", it's technically correct I guess but it seems to be really misleading judging from how many people have been questioning about it.

Thank you very much for the explanation!
I was looking for splitscreen, but is seems that between this and Resident Operation Raccoon Capcom is joking with my feelings :(

Really getting excited about this game, and it comes out on my birthday too!!!

What a coincidence, this game comes out in the US on my birthday as well!

Dragon's Dogma just looks fantastic at this point - the gear, the combat, the general look of the game seems to mesh well to me. Really looking forward to it.

ScOULaris

Every time I see new footage of this game, I become more and more interested in it. When it was first announced, it looked like an also-ran Elder Scrolls/Monster Hunter cash-in release. But everything that I've seen since the game's announcement has me sold. I might actually spring for this when it hits stores in May.

Unity2012

Do we know how big is the game's World or better yet, about how long is the SP campaign expected to be?

It looks great, I hope it delivers in its promises.

AlStrong

I wonder what's with the black bars....

Some shots have them and some don't but they're all the same resolution

It's weird. The ones without black bars have some form of AA* whereas the ones with black bars are definitely no AA.

*seems like a post-process, not MSAA.

Anteater

http://youtu.be/RZT2J_-kyb8?hd=1

Here's another take on the drake battle vs. the assassin and her party. I recorded this on Thursday at Capcom's US office with Kinoshita-san at the controller.

Thanks for this!

He got owned :(

Do we know how big is the game's World or better yet, about how long is the SP campaign expected to be?

The SP campaign was said to be over 30hrs at the least, and 70hrs to 100hrs if you want to do everything else. The map they said would take the player an hour or more to travel across

The art is incredible, they got my interest with the Berserk dlc, and they sold me on the game when I seen it in motion the other day on that capcom stream.

PerZona

Definitely day 1 for me. Playing Dragon's Dogma is like seeing a glimpse of future MH titles, just that I find it a shame that there's no online multiplayer support for this game. If there is it would be so much better!

Jo-El

40 to 50 hours for the main campaign, 100 to 200 hours doing side quests and stuff.

They also said it would take 2 to 3 hours to walk from one end of the world to the other. This was all mentioned during the live streams.

Anteater

Ugh... that fucking HUD is pissing me off. Intrusive as all hell. I hope at least a good 3/4 of that stuff can be toggled off.

Yeah, I think it was confirmed that you could turn off the buttons UI, it's just there to make it easier for the dude playing, but I don't know about the health bars

lucius

Dragon fighting looks even better than Skyrim, let's see how the rest of the game stacks up.

Anyone know if they have a lead platform?

Top Bottom