• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Benchmark

antitrop

S Rank my balls. That performance is disappointing.

Shit dropped to 35fps at points, like when the camera zoomed all the way out on Leon and his girl. Extremely disappointing.

Mfj79yw.png

Performance is a bit over the place I saw it go from 150fps maybe half of the time to 60-90 the majority of the rest of the time with two dips into the 30s

BJF6KH4.jpg

No DX 11 CAPCPOM? Hell even RE5 managed better than this!
I don't understand this. I have literally the same hardware, but half the score? I was running all settings maxed w/ Vsync off.

Here is my test at lowest settings. WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU PULLING THAT SCORE OUT OF?

EDDbwSm.png

Gyrian

FYI, this benchmark looks like more of a stress test, what it's showing is WAY beyond anything that plays out in the actual game. I wouldn't worry about performance if 30fps is as much 'bringing to its knees' as you are seeing.

lunchtoast

Anyone try this on windows 8? Computer was making a high pitch sound and crashed at Resident Evil logo.

had to use compatibility settings

ibqhrqzzNKWA8p.png

ilhkMJ2Qvolxn.png

antitrop

All I want to know is how MrBS was able to DOUBLE my score on the same hardware.

Dropping from highest settings to lowest settings only gave me an increase of less than 1,000 points.

Ceebs

Forgot to take a screen but I scored in the 6000's with an i5 3570K + GTX 670 @ 2560X1440

I forgot to save the resolution change at first and the bump up from 1080 cut my framerate in half. It's usually not that severe of a drop. I was wondering why it looked so shitty at first.

9417 @ 1080

Anyone try this on windows 8? Computer was making a high pitch sound and crashed at Resident Evil logo.
Worked out of the box for me.

All I want to know is how MrBS was able to DOUBLE my score on the same hardware.

Dropping from highest settings to lowest settings only gave me an increase of less than 1,000 points.

How aggressive are your overclocks?

What was the highest frame rate you saw? Even with v-sync off in the game, you might have it enabled in the driver global settings, and that will limit you to 60 FPS in most cases. I saw 132 FPS when the demo first started, and the time at 100+ frames really boosted my score.

I got 12181 with a 3570k and GTX670, so I know MrBS has the score you should be getting.

Ryuuga's 48203 is what I still don't understand. Unless it is a joke with the 4 added on front. :p

had to use compatibility settings

Worked fine for me.

vg260

Tried this last night. This is such a weird benchmark. It doesn't seem representative of in-game scenarios. There are points where they zoom out to show a scene where the screen is completely flooded with zombies, and I don't remember that in-game on the 360. It seems more like a stress test or general benchmarking tool at times rather than how the game will behave in-game.

S Rank my balls. That performance is disappointing.

Here is my test at lowest settings. WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU PULLING THAT SCORE OUT OF?

EDDbwSm.png

I'm just taking a guess... but maybe it has something to do with the refresh rate. I noticed that the game scored higher if the refresh rate is turned up. My monitor supports 75hz max... so when I had it at that setting, my score was much higher than what it was when I tried to benchmark the game at 60hz.

here:

I set my refresh rate to 60hz and you can see the difference from my previous screenshot. 7683 @60hz vs 8497 @75hz. It might help explain a few things.

ArjanN

Tried this last night. This is such a weird benchmark. It doesn't seem representative of in-game scenarios. There are points where they zoom out to show a scene where the screen is completely flooded with zombies, and I don't remember that in-game on the 360. It seems more like a stress test or general benchmarking tool at times rather than how the game will behave in-game.

I think the No Mercy mode for Mercenaries is going to have a ton of enemies at once, but yeah, it seems designed to test your machine, not so much if your machine can run the game well.

VashTS

I think this benchmark runs great for what's on screen/compared to console ver.

I'm sure scores will be much higher with DX11 support? I don't really get why they didn't include DX11 with this benchmark. Is it planned for the full game?

MrBS

That may be the niggling issue that I have two 590's running in quad SLI. Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that ;) Also running my 2600K @ 4.5

Ricker

For those who get crashes during the splash screens at the the start of the benchmark,try unplugging the 360 controller...solved my problem...

Got close to 6,000 which gave me a Rank A at 1920x1080 on my I7 with my 560Ti...not bad...

dk_

7489 with GTX 660 Ti and Intel Core2Quad Q9550 at 2.83 Ghz, 1080p (every setting untouched).

Print gave me a black screen and I was too lazy to run Fraps.

Gbraga

Just ran it, don't worry guys, there's not a single place in the campaign with that amount of enemies, it's just a stress test. Not even No Mercy mode will be that crowded.

I think you should just focus on your rank. If you have an S rank you're golden.

Daingurse

Just ran it, don't worry guys, there's not a single place in the campaign with that amount of enemies, it's just a stress test. Not even No Mercy mode will be that crowded.

I think you should just focus on your rank. If you have an S rank you're golden.

Oh I have no doubt this will run like a dream similar to DmC. My only concern is whether I really wanna double dip on this game. I don't see visuals being my issue with RE6. . .

Oh, btw, Am I the only one just hating FXAA and those shitty new AA methods?

I prefer to go no AA before those image blurriers.

Funny thing is that all the previous CAPCPOM MT Framework games ported to the PC supported the much more superior and cleaner MSAA options for hardware based AA.

Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2, Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 all supported MSAA. I'm not sure why RE6 doesn't support it, unless they switched to a deferred renderer.

Funny thing is that all the previous CAPCPOM MT Framework games ported to the PC supported the much more superior and cleaner MSAA options for hardware based AA.

Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2, Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 all supported MSAA. I'm not sure why RE6 doesn't support it, unless they switched to a deferred renderer.

They did.

Brofist

The dips come when it zooms out and there are 1000 zombies on screen. I wouldn't worry about that personally. Besides that scene I got a steady 60fps on highest settings at 1080p.

Doomrider

All the dodges, quick shots, and little mechanical quirks shown in the promotional videos were blowing my tiny little mind. The combat seems to have tons of depth, lack of focus be damned.

Oh, got a C, awful framerate all-around. lol. Guess I gotta start thinking about getting a new PC.

Gbraga

All the dodges, quick shots, and little mechanical quirks shown in the promotional videos were blowing my tiny little mind. The combat seems to have tons of depth, lack of focus be damned.

Oh, got a C, awful framerate all-around. lol. Guess I gotta start thinking about getting a new PC.

It does! Mercs in this game is a blast, a lot better than the campaign IMO.

One of the ways to set up a coup-de-grâce (7s bonus on mercs) is to stagger an enemy and then hit him with a slide. Zombie enemies will spin when you put them into a coup-de-grâce state, so you shoot them in the shoulder so they'll turn their backs on you, and then you slide, they'll turn around and face you again so you can finish them off with your coup. That's just one little example of the depth in this game, it's so good.

Parries, quick shots, dodges, rolls, slides, melee, all the different finishers, the bosses requirements for mercs maps... The lack of focus is a big, big problem for the campaign, but mercs in this game is already worth your money.

Salsa

jgpCl6vUPLJV3.bmp

2040x1152 res

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
GTX 680 with a mild OC (+135 core + 225 mem)
8gb RAM

there were some drops. One nasty to 33-ish during the pullback at the end of the first scene.

there seems to be a visual glitch of sorts though.. maybe it just happens to me? on the second scene there's like a 2D image superimposed over the whole thing. Cant capture it on screenshots for some reason but it's definetly there.

there seems to be a visual glitch of sorts though.. maybe it just happens to me? on the second scene there's like a 2D image superimposed over the whole thing. Cant capture it on screenshots for some reason but it's definetly there.

A few others have reported this issue too, but it was fixable by upgrading to the latest Nvidia video driver.

Salsa

1080p latest Nvidia drivers now

v-sync on:

j7u5mpLu8myQy.bmp

uncapped framerate:

joOngTNbgJOrf.jpg

and yeah idk about the results, seems a bit iffy. My 2040x1152 benchmark actually scored higher than the 1080p one, lol. And other people here with a similar rig to me seem to be getting a lot better scores (and some are getting worse).

here's a good example. 5000+ that on my benchmark and im OCed (both GPU and CPU)

does the i7 really make that much of a difference :S

Andy's running a dual 680 GTX SLI system lol

If you check out his 1st screenshot you can clearly see a GPU 1 and GPU 2 in the Afterburner OSD at the top left corner.

Salsa

If you check out his 1st screenshot you can clearly see a GPU 1 and GPU 2 in the Afterburner OSD at the top left corner.

doh

first screenshot didnt load for some reason

still, some guys like Addnan are running a stock 670 and getting 1500+ more

I was about to say.

I have a slightly better CPU and he has a slightly better GPU but he just blew me out of the water performance wise.

That had me really confused and I was beginning to believe that he just overclocked his whole system all to hell or something.

Kudos to them for releasing a benchmark, there days most game devs seem to want to avoid people finding out how their games will run on people's computers.

ShaneB

Kudos to them for releasing a benchmark, there days most game devs seem to want to avoid people finding out how their games will run on people's computers.

Except that, as people mentioned, this seems like an extremely odd benchmark, and more like a stress test. I had no worry about my laptop running the game, but the sections in the benchmark seem to be a 'worst-case' scenario and don't exactly give my laptop great results.

antitrop

Except that, as people mentioned, this seems like an extremely odd benchmark, and more like a stress test. I had no worry about my laptop running the game, but the sections in the benchmark seem to be a 'worst-case' scenario and don't exactly give my laptop great results.
The part where the camera zooms out to show 100 zombies on screen was just like "Why would they do that?".

I don't even think there's anything in the actual game that is as hardware intensive as the 5-10 seconds of that in the benchmark.

Top Bottom