• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Because it's what the community wants apparantley. Fkn terrible, all of them.

VvR5zHN.png
Yup. We can complain about how 343 has SMG starts all we want, but why on earth do people vote for them over BR starts? I just don't get it.

Yup. We can complain about how 343 has SMG starts all we want, but why on earth do people vote for them over BR starts? I just don't get it.
Should be complaining about Matchmaking still limiting our online experience and no other options to play with randoms. 2015, will this be the year Halo receives a CGB? Doubtful, but like Justin Bieber said, never say never.

-Ryn

Banned
I liked the way the Light Rifle felt in H5 beta. It was a bit more powerful than a DMR or BR, but it was very hard to handle and has to be picked up on the map. In general I felt that powerweapons were not so cheap one-hit kills but demanded more skill compared to H4
I mean wasn't that how the light rifle was used in the halo beta? I was more powerful than the dmr and was something that seemed to be on a timer right under rockets and sniper
Yeah it seems to be the direction they're going based on H5's Light Rifle. Hopefully it continues like that.

Let me know when you're raffling tickets for The Vault of Ass with your chick, Starstuff.
Oh god my sides

Lookin good dude. Keep up the good work.

Akai__

But I like ADS :(

It would be such a non-issue for me, if we could have a toggle for classic scopes and ADS.

Am I wrong, though?

343i actually said, that they are making these changes, so it's easier for people to get into Halo. I mean, if you have to write an essay about why Sprint belongs into Halo, without going into the gameplay aspect and how Halo actually benefits from it and your only arguement is lore and immersion... Well yeah...

Those reviewers like something different than me, therefore...they are stupid!

A reviewer that gives a lower review, because a game "isn't modern enough" just shows his ignorance and stupidness. Sorry, but I think reviews are stupid in general.

Skele7on

Banned
well the way I see it with how the story is going 343 are LITERALLY going to kill chief....

If he does die, my love for the series will die with John, no matter how fucked up he is even if he killed a whole planet of babies, puppies and kittens he's my friend.

Halo was fine before ADS and playing on bumper jumper on ADS is quite literally the most jarring experience I have ever had, so much for it's just cosmetic, RIGHT? and the sword lunges didn't dramatically change using ADS.

Come on, I liked the beta aswell. But the change to ADS was totally unnecessary and catering to other people than the general Halo community.

But,

Where do you draw the line on who is the general Halo community?

It's no different than people who vote for SMGs on Gemini, as much as you all hate to admit it, there are people who actually enjoy that Halo gameplay.

I'm a self proclaimed Halo junkie, especially as far as the lore is concerned. I play multi-player but not religiously, so I dunno, I can see maybe why big changes can upset some people, but... All of the other shooters I play have ADS so it absolutely makes sense that they'd follow the trend, there. I dunno. I just enjoy all of it haha. :)

I think 343i already stated that they need more characters in the Halo franchise that are not dying, so I'm pretty sure John, Locke and even Cortana will be alive at the end of Halo 5.

"We also had a tendency to kill all of our characters besides Master Chief. We are not Game of Thrones, and we actually want to make sure going forward we have a larger cast of characters with which to tell stories."
Source

Skele7on

Banned
I think 343i already stated that they need more characters in the Halo franchise that are not dying, so I'm pretty sure John, Locke and even Cortana will be alive at the end of Halo 5.

"We also had a tendency to kill all of our characters besides Master Chief. We are not Game of Thrones, and we actually want to make sure going forward we have a larger cast of characters with which to tell stories."
Source

I dunno man, they also said that Halo 4 multiplayer was going to be good....

Akai__

well the way I see it with how the story is going 343 are LITERALLY going to kill chief....

If he does die, my love for the series will die with John, no matter how fucked up he is even if he killed a whole planet of babies, puppies and kittens he's my friend.

They are not going to kill him. Master Chief is the face of Halo and of the Xbox brand. It would be like Nintendo killing Mario.

Halo was fine before ADS and playing on bumper jumper on ADS is quite literally the most jarring experience I have ever had, so much for it's just cosmetic, RIGHT? and the sword lunges didn't dramatically change using ADS.

Funny that you brought this up.

If I remember correctly, the default control sheme allows to get into ADS again, if you hold LT and are getting shot at. Not possible with Bumper Jumper and the response as to if this will be adjusted for every control scheme was a negative, I think.

Ramirez

If I remember correctly, the default control sheme allows to get into ADS again, if you hold LT and are getting shot at. Not possible with Bumper Jumper and the response as to if this will be adjusted for every control scheme was a negative, I think.

I think you either accept that change, or you lose de-scope.

Source

Yeah, biggest example of that probably being the last third or so of H3 where they knocked off like 4 major characters and came as close as they could probably bring themselves to writing off the MC with being lost in the void of space.

Halo definitely could be doing better with creating, developing, and actually keeping characters. But 343i doesn't have much room to talk while they continue offing characters in side media.

Fuchsdh

Source

That's funny, because they really haven't killed that many characters, once you subtract all the random Spartans. I'd say losing the Prophets, killing the Gravemind, et al were perfectly natural results of the climaxing plot, whereas saying "Game of Thrones" implies people will get killed off at any moment. If Cortana had died in the third mission of Halo 4 I could see the comparison.

daedalius

Am I wrong, though?

343i actually said, that they are making these changes, so it's easier for people to get into Halo. I mean, if you have to write an essay about why Sprint belongs into Halo, without going into the gameplay aspect and how Halo actually benefits from it and your only arguement is lore and immersion... Well yeah...

Personally, it didn't feel much different to me. I was playing with bumper jumper, like I always do. I actually loved how the BR scope felt. It being "aim down sights" literally didn't factor into my enjoyment at all.

Now the pistol, I couldn't hit shit scoped in with that thing; which is weird because I love the hand cannons in destiny.

Impala26

That's funny, because they really haven't killed that many characters, once you subtract all the random Spartans. I'd say losing the Prophets, killing the Gravemind, et al were perfectly natural results of the climaxing plot, whereas saying "Game of Thrones" implies people will get killed off at any moment. If Cortana had died in the third mission of Halo 4 I could see the comparison.

Is Thorne still alive*? If so, would be interesting to involve him (and possibly Buck) in the main storyline.

*(haven't read like any of the extended media)

Obscured

Source

I always hated how they handled Miranda

They are not going to kill him. Master Chief is the face of Halo and of the Xbox brand. It would be like Nintendo killing Mario.

Funny that you brought this up.

I thought they were going to address the descope issue, but I can't find a source so maybe not. The thing is with bumper jumper it doesn't matter, because you just make sure you never get hit.

Nintendo should come out with a campaign that if not enough people buy a WiiU then Mario dies. Although I'm sure with some of the mobile stuff happening some will feel that is already happening.

Ramirez

Top tier reply. Thanks for the confirmation.

Oh you.

I'm saying I think the default control scheme works that way because to new people coming in, the de-scope mechanic is foreign enough as it is. Not bringing them back into scope if they still have the trigger held in would completely turn them off of the game.

There's nothing to fix, I think it's intentionally designed that way. Maybe they could add it to the other control schemes (I'd rather they didn't), but they're not going to take it away from the default scheme, because like I said, they would take de-scoping out before they would do that, IMO.

What were the major characters in Halo CE to 3?
Chief, Cortana, Captain Keyes, 343GS, Prophets, Arbitor, Johnson, Miranda, Gravemind. Besides Chief, Cortana and Arby everyone died in Halo 3 - And Chief and Cortana went missing.
Halo 4 introduced a few characters, but the major ones Didact and Cortana died (even though the Didact really died later in Escalation and Cortana is of course not really dead).

So with Halo 5 there are not really that much big characters people can relate to. Locke is the first one that really seems interesting. Palmer and Lasky didnt really matter to the story, Del Rio had his moments to let the chief question his orders.

There are a lot of cool characters in the expended franchise, but the games themself really need big roles besides the Master Chief.

I guess the reference to GoT meant to say, that compared to GoT they cant afford to let much characters die, because they are not introducing enough. GoT follows what, 10+ big characters and 20+ minor ones in season 4 on tv?

AlStrong

Halo 5 |OT| Is this what you you were looking for? Is it? Pls respond. Halove u 5Ever.

pls rspnd.

*Locke has unfriended Master Chief on radar*

Top Bottom