• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Habs are a garbage team with garbage coaching and no heart. Fire Therrien and, 5-6 players aside, get rid of these chumps.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Price gets a shutout tonight, along with three more to win the series. He doesn't let a single goal in the rest of the playoffs and they win the Cup.

Therrien is re-re-signed to a 20 year, no movement clause.

Calamari41

41 > 38
As someone who played hockey, even in the minors, no :D

Do you actually have proof of a Photoshop? I'm curious.

IrXhZWg.gif

Hurrrr durrrrrf as someone who plays beer league hockey I hurrrrrf

http://youtu.be/37mkWAp2ycs

Wasn't clever or funny.

Like you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that hockey is important to fans of hockey teams.

lol who is this fucking clown

Edit, fuck, beaten.

As someone who plays hockey I can see when an original post has been made.

452wKoa.gif

And me. Really hoping for a Tampa-Washington conference final, DC sports radio is always the saltiest when the Bolts come to town, it'll be very entertaining. They still hold a massive grudge against Marty from his time in Tampa, they've shit on him this entire series.

Nothing worse than refugees who flee their homeland and then go on to actively root against the beloved team of their newly adopted home while whipping around the flag of the hellhole they "escaped" from.

Montresor

Congrats on moving onto the ECF Tampa. Good Luck Against Washington.

To be serious, I think Montreal can come back to at least force a game 6. Even Ottawa looked like they might force a game 7 against the Habs. Ever since LA came back from 3-0 against San Jose I've always thought "there's a chance!!" in these situations.

To be serious, I think Montreal can come back to at least force a game 6. Even Ottawa looked like they might force a game 7 against the Habs. Ever since LA came back from 3-0 against San Jose I've always thought "there's a chance!!" in these situations.

The only team I see coming back is the Rangers.

The Habs can come back but we won't.

Cake Boss

Banned
As someone who played hockey, even in the minors, no :D

Do you actually have proof of a Photoshop? I'm curious.

Just because I havent participated in this thread recently, doesn't mean I haven't been a rangers fan since I was a wee boy.

I AM new to the thread... But I will revel in the caps salt when the Rangers win the series.

Fuck. The. Caps.

Lets not act like Tyler Seguin hasn't... yeah, as much as I hate the bruins, it was a good photoshop spread for a funny/good reason.

Do people seriously not realize how important hockey is to the ranger fans? Am I first hand experiencing what it's like to be a Rangers fan in a Canadian hockey environment?

edited for smart ass -_-

I honestly feel like people think rangers fans are fake hockey fans.

Which is karma I guess because I think caps fans, bruins fans and TB fans (among many others) are fake hockey fans.

Thank god someone else agrees... unless sarcasm?

Who let in this lamo? I didn't know the Sportsnet panel had a member in here.

manfestival

Price gets a shutout tonight, along with three more to win the series. He doesn't let a single goal in the rest of the playoffs and they win the Cup.

Therrien is re-re-signed to a 20 year, no movement clause.

It must be nice to dream. I had a dance class to teach and dance practice right after my class so I missed the game but I hear it was pretty ugly aside from the stellar last second goal.

zroid

Banned
Everyone's probably sick of hearing about it now, but Sportsnet did a thing on the Flames non-goal. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how-geometry-created-the-illusion-of-a-flames-goal/

basically they're saying it was an illusion that the puck had crossed the line, due to the geometry of where the line is painted relative to the ice surface (like an inch and a half below). never mind that the puck may have been airborne at the time. that's why using the available camera angles, it was deemed inconclusive even though it looked like it had crossed the line.

Demonstration:

W4FMH7R.png

eGZRUAP.png

LyIBWSl.png

1PewH14.png

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's actually incredibly interesting. Thanks, zroid... hopefully Terrordactyl will take a step back from the ledge now, even though his team still won the game.

VinFTW

Who let in this lamo? I didn't know the Sportsnet panel had a member in here.

I'll admit, I was a raging drunk last night after the Rangers broke my heart. I'll wear my shame with pride.

Reminds me of all the guys in beer league that are compelled to always remind you that they played a couple games of Junior B.

Nah

edit: Oh, and get your brooms out tonight fellas. Bye bye Wild, bye bye Price </3

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why does Kave follow the Browns while living in Toronto?

such are life's questions.

probably because they're just as pathetic as Toronto's sports teams

felt a connection

Derek Anderson stole his heart like Kessel stole the last donut.

All of these answers are correct!

I've realized when it comes to sports I just make poor life choices. I didn't get this tag until it was revealed I was a Browns fan from Toronto.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
At least McDonagh and Stepan can say they weren't on the team that lost to Belarus just now. So they have that going for them.

They might win tonight?

I may have to miss the first period or so. I'll just DVR it and catch up by the 3rd though hopefully.

Really the only benefits of the extremely late games is that by the time they start I usually have nothing else going on to distract me.

Trying to convince my fiancee to drive me over to my buddies place to watch the game and pick me up. He wants to make some of his apparently signature drinks that really fuck people up and I obviously can't want to drink and drive. But she won't come pick me up at midnight or whenever the fuck the game ends.

That's actually incredibly interesting. Thanks, zroid... hopefully Terrordactyl will take a step back from the ledge now, even though his team still won the game.

"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend. You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in."

Terrordactyl now has a theme song

Marvie_3

Banned
Really the only benefits of the extremely late games is that by the time they start I usually have nothing else going on to distract me.

Trying to convince my fiancee to drive me over to my buddies place to watch the game and pick me up. He wants to make some of his apparently signature drinks that really fuck people up and I obviously can't want to drink and drive. But she won't come pick me up at midnight or whenever the fuck the game ends.

It's obvious she's punishing you for this

VinFTW

Lol, Maroon with his face in his phone in the middle of Asgard.

Happened to the Rangers multiple times last year. I vividly remember because Metatron was rightfully salty as fuck about it.

Damn...

Not sure why they would do this. Not good for anybody really.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We also played Games 6 and 7 as a home and home back to back when we were down 3-2 against the Capitals a couple years ago.

Ask the Caps how that went.

ZeroGravity

basically they're saying it was an illusion that the puck had crossed the line, due to the geometry of where the line is painted relative to the ice surface (like an inch and a half below). never mind that the puck may have been airborne at the time. that's why using the available camera angles, it was deemed inconclusive even though it looked like it had crossed the line.
FWIW, this is EXACTLY what happened in Game 6 of the 2004 Stanley Cup Final. Like, literally the exact same thing, Amazing how history repeats itself.

Quick

Banned
Damn...

Not sure why they would do this. Not good for anybody really.

That's scheduling for you. Imagine if the Knicks were in the playoffs, as well. It would be a huge headache.

I think there was a year where the Kings, Lakers and Clippers were all in the playoffs and they had to constantly convert the arena to accommodate each team within the span of a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom