• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Diablohead said:
I still need to buy the boxset but the other day I downloaded the old demo to see how my machine runs it, first thing I did is stick everything on the highest setting not giving a care for framerate but amazingly I can play 50% of the areas I run around in at 60fps, dropping to 30 or just below that in heavy combat and huge areas.

Looks so damn amazing.

While I love this game at 60fps if there is a way to cap it at 30 I would do so, i'm fine playing games at that rate and would then stick everything on max and vsync it without a drop in framerate. but I can't set it to 30 can I?

I need to buy the game now though, also, I dropped a lot of the effects to "high" and it felt more like medium after experiancing highest settings, it's why I would prefer to play it at a locked 30 then a dropping 25-60.
Well since the game runs better than the demo I think you'll enjoy it. You can always enable vsync if you want to stay at 30fps.

Also I suggest the Mster config to give you High performance at Very High visuals.

Proc

Hazaro said:
Well since the game runs better than the demo I think you'll enjoy it. You can always enable vsync if you want to stay at 30fps.

Also I suggest the Mster config to give you High performance at Very High visuals.

I tried the Mster config today after finishing the game. It ran significantly better!

Is there anything that will give a similar performance boost for crysis warhead?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Proc said:
I tried the Mster config today after finishing the game. It ran significantly better!

Is there anything that will give a similar performance boost for crysis warhead?
Not that I know of :lol

Go grab the Single Player 'Intel' Map Packs from the web and go through those if you don't want to do campaign again, some of them are REALLY well done and put in things that made me wonder why the devs didn't. :lol

ScreenShot0004.jpg

ScreenShot0014.jpg

ScreenShot0024.jpg

noonche

So, I just installed Crysis on my new machine. I'm getting some fairly low-res looking textures compared to a lot of the screen shots I've been seeing. I've installed the 1.2 and set it to ultra... Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7

I'm running Windows 7 and can't for the life of me find out how to run Crysis in DX9 mode. I've seen people have this problem on Vista and the solution I found was to right click the game icon and then select "run in DX9" but that isn't showing up for me in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Edit: brain_stew hooked me up

Thanks to brain_stew, got Crysis looking damn good (using the CCC config on the level 5 high settings w/ TOD and realistic shadows)

2vj3n2b.jpg

rw02fp.jpg

2eyuz3l.jpg

There seems to be only one problem, and it's rather minor so far but a slight annoyance nonetheless that bugs me most of all because before I installed the CCC config I didn't have this problem. But it seems that on certain animations (and on certain characters, so far just that first hostage chick) the main characters arms will be transparent/distorted. In the case of the hostage chick in the school, the effect/glitch was on her arms and stomach. The first person character animations I've noticed the glitch so far has been in the opening cinematic right as he puts his mask on, when he drives vehicles, and when he climbs ladders. Here's a few example shots:

28jxys7.jpg

t4u0iw.jpg

2q1gava.jpg

Just to clarify, I don't have cloak activated on in any of those shots. Anyone have any idea what setting in the config file I might be able to change to fix this strange glitch?

MisterAnderson said:
There seems to be only one problem, and it's rather minor so far but a slight annoyance nonetheless that bugs me most of all because before I installed the CCC config I didn't have this problem. But it seems that on certain animations (and on certain characters, so far just that first hostage chick) the main characters arms will be transparent/distorted. In the case of the hostage chick in the school, the effect/glitch was on her arms and stomach. The first person character animations I've noticed the glitch so far has been in the opening cinematic right as he puts his mask on, when he drives vehicles, and when he climbs ladders. Here's a few example shots:

Just to clarify, I don't have cloak activated on in any of those shots. Anyone have any idea what setting in the config file I might be able to change to fix this strange glitch?
That's because dx9 doesn't support object motion blur properly, if you can't live with it then you have to disable object blur entirely.

sys_spec_MotionBlur.cfg

"r_MotionBlur=3"

Spoit

Oldschoolgamer said:
Did anyone release any good single player mods for this?
Dunno about full mods, but there are quite a few SP maps which have been made, of varying qualities. Check out Crymod.

AKS

My 4850 graphics card and new PSU will be arriving very soon. Hopefully that will help correct the slideshow frame rate situation I have going on with Crysis right now.

Blizzard

Banned
AKS said:
My 4850 graphics card and new PSU will be arriving very soon. Hopefully that will help correct the slideshow frame rate situation I have going on with Crysis right now.
Depending on what resolution you use, you should get decent framerates. Just don't expect to run everything at max at 1680x1050. :p

AKS

Blizzard said:
Depending on what resolution you use, you should get decent framerates. Just don't expect to run everything at max at 1680x1050. :p

I'm not expecting max, which is fine for now.

AKS

I updated my PSU and video card and can run Crysis fine at max settings in terms of detail, but 1080p kills my frame rate unless I turn everything else down. I thought the detail would cause more strain, but the resolution seems to be the thing that strains my card. So I'll have to settle for 720p on my Panny plasma, but it still looks very nice. My new card seems to be able to run older games like Bioshock at max res and settings without breaking a sweat. I'm not investing any more money just to get more AA and higher resolution in Crysis. I'm fine with it the way it is.

AKS

Diablohead said:
I still need to buy the boxset but the other day I downloaded the old demo to see how my machine runs it, first thing I did is stick everything on the highest setting not giving a care for framerate but amazingly I can play 50% of the areas I run around in at 60fps, dropping to 30 or just below that in heavy combat and huge areas.

Looks so damn amazing.

While I love this game at 60fps if there is a way to cap it at 30 I would do so, i'm fine playing games at that rate and would then stick everything on max and vsync it without a drop in framerate. but I can't set it to 30 can I?

I need to buy the game now though, also, I dropped a lot of the effects to "high" and it felt more like medium after experiancing highest settings, it's why I would prefer to play it at a locked 30 then a dropping 25-60.

A 30 fps cap would be a nice option, although I personally don't mind the sacrifice for higher detail. I also play on the highest settings, and it does chug a bit at certain parts as a result.

gragy10

So can anyone point me to a one-stop beginners guide to optimising Crysis?
Just got a new PC together and struggling to make sense of how custom config's, lighting mod's etc actually affect performance.

Dennis

Banned
Here are some screenshots from Vulcano, one of the very best SP mods for Crysis. I think the maker named [HP] posts on GAF.

Crysis2008-10-2615-25-51-95.jpg
[/IMG]

Crysis2008-10-2615-00-14-39.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dennis, any other maps or mods you'd suggest?

I'm still running through Mster config and the Intel SP pack right now.

Actually gotta reinstall Crysis. :D

Soule

Hey just finished Crysis a couple of days ago for the first time, great ride definitely a favourite single-player FPS. Just digging into warhead now and will start looking into some mods great game can't wait to see Crysis 2 :D

AKS

burgerdog said:
What's a good config that I could use? I have a 4850 if that helps >.>

I have a factory overclocked version of that card. I've been using the CCC config with nice visuals and a decent framerate.

nib95

Banned
This game is a bit of a joke optimisations wise, in that in teases to no avail. Even with my 3.9ghz i7, a GTX 275 at 725/1555/1250, 12GB of ram, with Msters config at max (very high settings except for blur and shadows), 1680 x 1050 with 2xMSAA (MS doesn't seem to make any difference), I still can't keep the frame rate above 30fps. Dips below 30 way too often for my liking. So once and for all, what config/mod would you guys recommend for my set up? I've been waiting to properly play through this game for aeons.

I can't believe 3-4 GPU's later I still can't comfortably play this game totally maxed out as originally advertised and shown on forums all too often.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nib95 said:
This game is a bit of a joke optimisations wise, in that in teases to no avail. Even with my 3.9ghz i7, a GTX 275 at 725/1555/1250, 12GB of ram, with Msters config at max (very high settings except for blur and shadows), 1680 x 1050 with 2xMSAA (MS doesn't seem to make any difference), I still can't keep the frame rate above 30fps. Dips below 30 way too often for my liking. So once and for all, what config/mod would you guys recommend for my set up? I've been waiting to properly play through this game for aeons.

I can't believe 3-4 GPU's later I still can't comfortably play this game totally maxed out as originally advertised and shown on forums all too often.
That sounds about right. :lol
*Dennis I use Mster because it runs *nicely* (22+fps) on my GTX 260. Anything above 22 in Crysis feels solid enough to me.

Dennis

Banned
Yep, Crysis is truly remarkly in that it can be played at a surprisingly low fps and still feel ok whereas other games at that fps would be unplayable. I wonder why that is?

SonComet

nib95 said:

I think that your exaggerating how many gpu generations have come since Crysis (or maybe your just referring to the gpus you've owned). Crysis released in late 07. In late 2006 we had the 8800 GTX. In early mid 2008 we had the GTX 280. So haven't just one new generation of cards and their usual minor refreshes happened since the release of Crysis? I'm not surprised you can't max Crysis on a card that has slightly lower performance than an 08 card (at default speeds anyways). Wait to complain until a top if the line GTX 300 series card has troubles.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
pizzaguysrevenge said:
Motion blur.
I play without it and it still feels nice, no depth of field either.

*Dennis what GPU and resolution do you run?
Deciding whether to use Mster, EQ 1.34, or [HP] 1.31

1920*1080 GTX 260 here (Damn you new monitor :lol )

**Is there anyway to have Crymod go faster than 10kB/s? I remember having it be super slow last time I used it too.

Top Bottom