• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

You know, if Bungie ever made Engram God King Master Rahool into a boss, guy would probably troll us by exploding into green or silver engrams once beaten.

It's so popular because its fun to use and the "cool" melee / rogue class with a "badass" cloak. It is a powerful class but so are the others. The classes aren't really that far from being balanced, the bigger issues lie in how fast supers charge in general and in certain gun types.

If anything gunslinger is the more powerful hunter subclass, particularly with the helmet that gives them an extra golden gun shot.

for PVP i think it's true that gunslinger is the better choice but blink is too nice to not go bladedancer for me...

Last night I stuck one with a fusion grenade and shot him with the Invective and he still didn't go down. I've only managed to kill a bladedancer once as a Sunsinger and that was with two rockets.

I personally killed a guy with arc blade in two instances in skirmish using judgement 4 and a melee attack last night, It also helps that I had blink to dodge him. I personally think it's all timing, If you get in a room with one, you are most likely dead but i still think they are easier to down than a sunsinger...

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't shoot wih sniper rifles on gamepads in pvp. I can headshot with hand cannons and scout rifles all day, but snipers I am useless.

Took me five games to get 15 headshots. Didn't help that three of the games were on tiny maps.

Hopefully when I unlock the close range scope it'll be eaiser, but damn... that was horrible.

Vault of glass 7pm mountain time, I am in the final part, just have to kill the boss. I am noob at the raid, so I need experience players.
I need at least one hunter and someone conformable holding the relic. I do not plan in getting teleported, so I need 3 people comfortable in getting teleported and killing the oracles.
I'm a lv. 27 warlock

PS4: KeVin_3000

I will be school till about 6pm Mountain Time, so it is at your best interest to add me instead, just say GAF in the message

If anyone is organising a raid, me and a friend, both Hunters level 28 and 27 would be keen to join in about an hours time. Otherwise we might start a party see who's keen :) Trying to get people some raid gear before the reset.

PS4: davidbloop

Anyone else looking for a raid team?

Need 4 more.

My psn id is Dhruv_hanom

I'm starting from the beginning.

Bizazedo

Really? I feel like I've tried this and the only thing that respawns are the resource points. I've never had a chest respawn in an area I've cleared without going back to orbit. That's with doing whole loops of the map.

Really. If you want me to show you the Divide on Old Russia sometime, let me know. PSN Bizazedo.

There's a ridiculous amount of possible spawns, but it's small enough to get the idea across. Like I mentioned before, I thought I knew every spawn point twice and been proven wrong. Some of the spots don't pop often, either, which can make it harder if you're trying to loop. My two chests slowed down to one, etc., because one spawn I could not find was holding it up. At this point, I'll once again say I think I have the Divide mentally mapped out.

Ugh, anyone else having issues with PS+ not being detected?

Lately this has been happening more frequently and it's super annoying. Basically, I load up destiny and all the PS+ required areas are locked out, even though I have PS+ (Well technically, my boyfriend's account on the same system has, but that shouldn't be an issue right?)

One time strikes were locked out while Crucible wasn't (though also being a PS+ area) so I played one match, returned to the star map and everything was magically unlocked again.

Now the past few days I have been having similar issues but this time Crucible is also locked, and after playing something else nothing unlocks anymore :(.

I had someone in my twitter reporting the same thing but don't remember seeing similar reports here. Googling the problem doesn't help either, it only returns boards with questions whether PS+ is required or not to play online, nothing related to this problem.

I have an identical issue, right down to my.boyfriend having the Ps+ sub. Interestingly enough though, it happened to him too the past couple of days. Very annoying.

RedFury

Are some people arguing that Bladedancer isn't OP in Crucible but Sunsinger is?

What?

Bladedancer Super grants a mobility boost, auto-aim-OHK-AOE-melee, damage resistance and third person view.

Sunsinger Super grants regular single-target OHK-melee and fast grenade cooldown ( which isn't even all that useful in Crucible ); no mobility boost, no third person view, no built-in damage resistance

Bladedancer Hunter also has Blink, a Helmet that lets them see the radar while aiming, invisibility and the quickest melee in the game.

Bladedancer is OP.
Blade dancer is not OP. The fact you don't find grenade spamming amazing is a bit surprising for someone complaining about blade spam. The first sun singer grenade melts people. Some one capturing a flag throw a couple grenades and watch them scramble or die, easy kills with no chance of return fire. If you use the second grenade 2 of them will kill anything, I've got triple-quad kills with those. If you have revival and brimstone I like to kamikaze into a group of 3 or 4 purposely die then rez and punch a guy watch his exploding body wipe out his entire squad...That is so satisfying.

Evil Beaver

It's a shame so little play as Titan's defender subclass.

Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light upgrade and rechargeable force barrier

XcjjlO6.gif

easy control/salvage wins

I switched to defender and never looked back. I just upgraded my spartan helmet with the ability that blinds anyone that enters my shield. If I see we're about to be overrun with enemies I'll run into the fray and pop my shield then proceed to karate chop the glimmer out of my blinded foes.

]I have never understood why so many people enter panic mode whenever they see bladedancers[/B], their super is one of the easiest to avoid, as you can see and hear them coming from a mile away, and their overshield isn't anywhere near as strong as the Defenders or Sunsingers.

Stop jumping around like you're Mario in some futile attempt to get away and instead, hold your ground and shoot at them, they can't do shit to you until they get into melee range, unlike the Voidwalker and Striker supers which you can't do shit about due to the excessive AoE. If you don't panic like an idiot, in the worst case scenario you and the bladedancer will end up killing each other.

Honestly, I think someone had it right when they said that the misconception of the bladedancer super being more OP than the Voidwalkers and the Strikers comes from the fact that you actually have time to think and panic when you see a bladedancer running towards you, whilst you just die whenever a Voidwalker or Striker uses their instant win move. I'm thankful that I at least have a chance to fight back when facing a bladedancer lol
Thank you. Its the easiest super to take out, The OP hype is crazy. Like I said before a golden gun can be much more deadlier.

Bizazedo

I see Titan's miss with FOH a lot lately. It isn't nearly the sure kill Nova Bomb is.

It's that damned helmet that gives free Superman :(.

If you jump straight up with no movement, forward or laterally or backwards, you come down in a normal Fist of Havoc smash and don't Superman. I've lost several kills due to that mistake.

Mikey Jr.

Kinda getting to that point where I don't know what to do in this game anymore.

It needs more things to do.

PVP is fun, but I don't know what I'm progressing towards. The vendors have absolutely nothing for me anymore.

-Queens bounties were a bust
-Dailies are ok, but some of them are just stupid easy.
-Raid and weeklies get updated once a week with no point in doing them again during the week.
-Public events seem extremely rare and I've only stumbled upon them a handful of times (yes, I know about the site). Even when I do do them, seems like its only just me doing them.

I've had a great 3 weeks, but I think I'm going to start slowing down.

As much as I love the game, the content is razor thin. And honestly, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to create new strikes....

For instance, start us off on Earth in a different point. Lets say where those cars are, then throw enemies we haven't seen much of at us on Earth. Then as you are battling, you have to load to the moon, because something is happening there.

Honestly, just mix it up. Use already existing assets to create new scenarios and new paths you have to take. Shit, make a new strike that partially takes place in the vault of glass. I dunno. Something.

so many ways to kill them, I've died plenty of times in that super. A shotgun shell and a melee attacks down them instantly... oh I wished I could put up a secondary shield at any point of time when im about to die... Don't get me started on that burning melee or the energy drain melee.
I've tried this many many times and have always failed. Sticky grenades don't work, and they just seem to shrug off rockets. The only time I've been able to kill them is when I have machine gun ammo and catch one from distance. Even then it takes a lot of ammo.

realcZk

I just did the final boss >_< need to do the other sections to get some materials and hopefully some armour.

Remember to grab all the chests (that I know of).

• Before the templar area and after the platforms where you raise the spire theres a chest to the left further down the path
  • After you defeat the Templar, before you leave the room there's a chest hidden in a gap in the wall on the left side.
  • When you drop down to enter the Gorgons Labyrinth, there's a chest to the left if you jump up onto the rocks into a gap.
  • When you make your way through Gorgon's Labyrinth if you hug the right side there's an area that opens up with a chest.

-Public events seem extremely rare and I've only stumbled upon them a handful of times (yes, I know about the site). Even when I do do them, seems like its only just me doing them.

This really bothers me too. I usually have no problem soloing them, but it's more of a chore than fun when you're alone.

Are some people arguing that Bladedancer isn't OP in Crucible but Sunsinger is?

What?

Bladedancer Super grants a mobility boost, auto-aim-OHK-AOE-melee, damage resistance and third person view.

Sunsinger Super grants regular single-target OHK-melee and fast grenade cooldown ( which isn't even all that useful in Crucible ); no mobility boost, no third person view, no built-in damage resistance

Bladedancer Hunter also has Blink, a Helmet that lets them see the radar while aiming, invisibility and the quickest melee in the game.

Bladedancer is OP.

my problem with bladedancer is that there doesn't appear to be a minimum safe distance. you can activate it across the map and still make it to the other side because of the insane lunge distance. then you have blink and blink strike, invisibility, and extra bullet resistance, allowing you to eat most incoming damage.

i can kill a sunsinger in radiance and still have leftover ammo in the clip with my SUROS. They also die from a single golden gun shot.

I've had bladedancers take a rocket, throwing knife and half of an AR clip and still kill me.

realcZk

This really bothers me too. I usually have no problem soloing them, but it's more of a chore than fun when you're alone.

The public events that are "Kill target before he reaches X" are a pain in the ass to solo. I've tried to solo them as a level 28 and I can use all my heavy ammo, super, and secondary and just barely be able to drop them.

PVP is fun, but I don't know what I'm progressing towards. The vendors have absolutely nothing for me anymore.

-Raid and weeklies get updated once a week with no point in doing them again during the week.

As much as I love the game, the content is razor thin. And honestly, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to create new strikes....

For instance, start us off on Earth in a different point. Lets say where those cars are, then throw enemies we haven't seen much of at us on Earth. Then as you are battling, you have to load to the moon, because something is happening there.

Honestly, just mix it up. Use already existing assets to create new scenarios and new paths you have to take. Shit, make a new strike that partially takes place in the vault of glass. I dunno. Something.

Yea i keep saying if they want endgame pve to be about raiding, they need more than one. They need like 5. With progression and attunement, so you have to work towards even being able to enter.

Completed Vault of Glass this weekend twice (once just for sport).

Got Atheon's Epilogue (Void Autorifle) and Cuirass of the Hezen Lords (Legendary Raid Chest Armor).

Total time for raid was ~2 hours with a good party. But boy was I nervous/excited once all 6 people were ready to go.

The raid was fantastic, and bums me out that most folks will not be able to experience it. There are small tidbits of gameplay that could be toned down and injected into the campaign (which would make the raid a 'beefed up' version of whats already been played). The jumping platform and cave spelunking come to mind, as well as the relic gameplay in general.

Mikey Jr.

The public events that are "Kill target before he reaches X" are a pain in the ass to solo. I've tried to solo them as a level 28 and I can use all my heavy ammo, super, and secondary and just barely be able to drop them.

I've done those.

I love how randomly they'll decide to "teleport" and all of a sudden they'll be a checkpoint 4/5 with full shields......

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

What's interesting about these kinds of posts is that, before FPSs had this leveling/grinding/gear element to them, people would play them simply because it was fun. I didn't play counter-strike to grind out new weapons. I played because it was fun. But nowadays, especially with Destiny, lot of folks seem to feel that more is needed. I am personally not a huge fan of Destiny's PvP so if there was no PvE hook for me, I would move on.

Haines

Banned
Is public event farming for shards a thing or does it make more sense to just do loot mat patrol runs and do them as they happen

Tldr anybody else at 27 and need a ton of shards like me?

What's interesting about these kinds of posts is that, before FPSs had this leveling/grinding/gear element to them, people would play them simply because it was fun. I didn't play counter-strike to grind out new weapons. I played because it was fun. But nowadays, especially with Destiny, lot of folks seem to feel that more is needed. I am personally not a huge fan of Destiny's PvP so if there was no PvE hook for me, I would move on.

The worst part is how Bungie forces players to PVP for things like Exotic bounties. I already hate online shooter PVP but I also want no part of this unbalanced PVP, it's as bad as typical MMO PVP in terms of class and gear balance.

Number45

Is level 24 too low for the daily/weekly heroic? Feel like I'm not progressing a great deal at the moment in terms of random drops (I know), so would like to see if I can take those on. I can take out the queens missions by myself without too much fuss if that helps.

I have striker maxed, currently levelling defender.

NOTE: My internet is broken again, so I won't be able to do anything about it just yet.

Is public event farming for shards a thing or does it make more sense to just do loot mat patrol runs and do them as they happen

Shards, spinmetal... you name it. I wish I could find a semi-efficient way of farming materials that isn't mind numbingly dull.

hamchan

I'm fairly happy to be a Gunslinger Hunter and a relatively successful one at that. I really prefer getting kills with the golden gun, that's something the opponents can't stop. I feel that I've stopped a fair few Bladedancers by just shooting them a bunch. Sure, quite often you'll be in the wrong position and just get destroyed by them. But if you're set up in a good spot and expect them, I feel you can kill them a lot of the time while they run to you.

While with golden gun it's an instant kill even if the opponent expects you and knows you're there. There's not much defense against a one shot high speed bullet.

Bizazedo

You're correct in a way, but the new gear / mods affect how the PvE and the PvP play out. So you can't get that "pure" experience since you have to grind for gear / levels. As a result, it affects the fun.

eh just running pvp for crucible marks and pve for marks is alot less boring. Farm the marks buy purple gear like the boots dismantle them and you get 3-4 shards a item.

realcZk

Do we know yet what actually enables you to get exotic bounties? I assume its completely random, I've been doing almost every Crucible/Vanguard bounty religiously and I haven't got my first exotic bounty until about 3days of playtime.

One interesting speculation that I've read is you need to be at least Vanguard rank 2 to get some of these bounties, and I had just turned 2 on the same day that I was offered my first exotic bounty selection. It would be interesting if the game looks at your vanguard rank when it decides to give you a shot at an exotic bounty. I've completed tons of bounties but the rep was all going to New Monarchy until recently.

As of today my Crucible rank is 1, New Monarchy 3, Vanguard 3

kubus

I have an identical issue, right down to my.boyfriend having the Ps+ sub. Interestingly enough though, it happened to him too the past couple of days. Very annoying.
Huh, that's odd.

I really can't pinpoint why it's happening, but so far closing the application, waiting a bit, and then relaunching the game fixes it for me. Going through all the loading screens before finally getting into Orbit is testing my patience though :(.

I hope it'll be (stealth)fixed in the Tuesday patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom