• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Snow / Hope team is even worse. Good god. 1.5 - 3 minute fights seem to be the norm with these two.

Anyway, I'm 12 hours 30 minutes in (right at the end of chapter 7 I think) and I am happy to see the story is finally progressing somewhat and possibly moving towards something interesting. These past 9 hours or so felt like filler content and now I might finally be getting into the actual game.

Shouta

donkey show said:
Holy crap about that team. I'm on that part now and damage dealing sucks balls.

I didn't have a huge problem with them, but rapidly switching between attack optimas helps that.

Snowe had 200+ attack when I got him back thanks to an acessory and the Attacker Crystarium so creaming stuff was surprisingly easy.

Ploid 3.0

fbvxbk.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Netto-kun said:
Wow, the alternative FFXIII cover from V Jump is really nice.:D

SSL21961.jpg

SSL21964.jpg

But the regular is shiny... THAT said. I totally need to get that copy of vjump. D: Anyone have any idea where I could find it online? Before I try and go to Kinokuniya.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Netto-kun said:
Wow, the alternative FFXIII cover from V Jump is really nice.:D

SSL21961.jpg

SSL21964.jpg

Oh wow.

Instant win !

someone PLEASE get a proper image version of that cover for us peasents to print out ?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
spoiler: Hope cries

edit: sorry forgot to tag. spoiler containing FFXIII character development information.

duckroll

Man. The FMV in this game is just obscene. I just saw the long FMV in the middle (?) of Chapter 7, and wow, so good. :eek:

The background design and stuff are really nice too in general. Although I do feel that sometimes the areas feel a bit too "big" in the sense that they're spacious, but kinda empty.

duckroll

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh come on, how is that a spoiler? It's heavily photoshopped and cropped screen released by SE.

Can't you tell? Obviously Hope has been infected with the Black Oil alien from X-Files, and he's making a call to Murder to ask for help. Something like that is a massive spoiler.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the EU/AU box-art is always the best. I'm a sucker for both minimalist box-arts AND consistency across a whole series (especially when it's over the course of a few console-cycles).

Kuraudo

Banned
Rez said:
the EU/AU box-art is always the best. I'm a sucker for both minimalist box-arts AND consistency across a whole series (especially when it's over the course of a few console-cycles).

Uh, does someone else want to break it to him?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
kiryogi said:
But the regular is shiny... THAT said. I totally need to get that copy of vjump. D: Anyone have any idea where I could find it online? Before I try and go to Kinokuniya.

Wished I knew i am trying to find it myself since yesterday.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kuraudo said:
Uh, does someone else want to break it to him?
I was being passive-aggressive. I should have added some exclamation points and a " :| ".

Zoe

I haven't paid attention to this kind of thing before so it might be a dumb question, but are the save files locked to your PS3?

Just finished chapter 7. About 20 hours in now! Most games would be finished by now. But this one just keeps getting more and more epic.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PuppetMaster said:
Just finished chapter 7. About 20 hours in now! Most games would be finished by now. But this one just keeps getting more and more epic.

20 hours????

What have you been doing? I just finished it at 13 hours. Have you been just leaving the console on in the inventory screen or something? I don't see how there can be such a difference when the only thing you can do in this game is run straight down a set path.

Shouta

Zefah said:
20 hours????

What have you been doing? I just finished it at 13 hours. Have you been just leaving the console on in the inventory screen or something? I don't see how there can be such a difference when the only thing you can do in this game is run straight down a set path.

Probably sitting and gazing at areas, battling enemies etc.

I just started Chap 10 at 18 hours. Chapter 9 was soo good, sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zefah said:
20 hours????

this post makes me sad for a number of reasons. :(

So what weapons are everyone using. I feel kind of stuck on this upgrade path and I don't know if it is worth upgrading some of the other lvl1 weapons.

Lightning - Gladius lvl5
Sazh - Vega lvl8
Snow - Energy Circle lvl3
Hope- Airwing lvl5
Vanille - Bindload(?) lvl6
Fang - Bladelance lvl 6

Zefah said:
20 hours????

Are you sure we are talking about the same place? Last trophy I got was
Instrument of Wrath
which is the 9th one. But I beleive that was the 7th level. It was the
theme park one

Zefah said:
20 hours????

Sorry, just entered looking briefly to the impressions because I'm on a blackout and want to get the minimun details, but this got my attention. The game dosn't have an overworld? is even more linear tan FFX?

Majmun

Zefah said:
20 hours????

13 hours, really? Is it true that the game has around 9 hours worth of cutscenes? Were you skipping them all? :p

13 hours doesn't really sound much. I think I know for sure it'll take me more than 50 hours to get everything out of the game.

edit-

i'm stupid

Shouta

PuppetMaster said:
So what weapons are everyone using. I feel kind of stuck on this upgrade path and I don't know if it is worth upgrading some of the other lvl1 weapons.

Lightning - Gladius lvl5
Sazh - Vega lvl8
Hope- Airwing lvl5
Fang - Bladelance lvl 6

Lightning - Blaze Edge Level 13
Snow - Energy Circle level 1
Vanille - Pearl Wing Level 1
Hope - Ninurta - Level 8
Sazh - Procion (spelling?) Level 8
Fang - Bladlance Level 1

I need to mess with it more and try upgrading weapons I like, har.

7Th

Reading the impressions of you guys about the end-game content and the storyline will be really, really interesting. PLAY FASTER, Y'ALL!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PuppetMaster said:

Lightning - Gladius lvl5
Sazh - Vega lvl8
Hope- Airwing lvl5
Fang - Bladelance lvl 6

I've only leveled up Lightning's Gladius to lvl 12 or so. Other than that I haven't done much except for a few accessories.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Relaxed Muscle said:
Sorry, just entered looking briefly to the impressions because I'm on a blackout and want to get the minimun details, but this got my attention. The game dosn't have an overworld? is even more linear tan FFX?

I hear it might expand in the later end of the game, but so far... yeah it is probably one of the most linear games I have ever played. Definitely the most linear RPG. And yeah, just to clarify, I meant I beat chapter 7 around the 13 hour mark. I don't think that is even the half-way mark.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone knows whether you can revisit places? I'm now in Chapter 11. I know I'm almost done with the plot but just wondering whether I get ti re-visit places.

Top Bottom