• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad some of you having fun online. Havent been able to get on at all.. Always the fucking red text in my screen reminding me IM NOT ONLINE!

Take a look at the video I posted a few posts up.
Is that what your copy does?
did you buy the pre-order version, and about when did you buy it if so?

I'm currently placed third worldwide on timetrial Putre Chile with the BAC mono car sub class. Was doing a perfect run for top spot but lost it in the last corner and crashed. THE AGONY!! This game is addictive as hell. I will have another go at it while actually i need to go to work.

SSReborn

I have a club made if anyone wants to join I'm not super good myself but anyone who wants to play while learning to get better join up DominoFX. :)

Managed to finish third overall in the semi-pro event which was just good enough.

This is my favourite racer in a long time. Perfect blend of arcade and sim. The dynamic time of day means the same track can look entirely different.

2014-10-1418_34_11jky05.gif

AuRoN89

Banned
i'm very close to obtain all the stars, but damn, last races are more than impossibile, cars are too fast, and AI is too good :3

viveks86

Well the plot thickens.
I deleted it, thinking I'll reinstall it.

Now I can't re-download it(?) the 49.99 (yellow marked) copy in the store wants me to buy it again. I don't particularly want to charge 49.99 again, and then call Sony support to get it reversed.

My suspicion is something thinks I haven't bought it, and perhaps that is screwing up my online experience .. (I purchased using the pre-order link about 12 hours before launch moment).

Ahh… Hope you get this sorted out!

Semper88

Take a look at the video I posted a few posts up.
Is that what your copy does?
did you buy the pre-order version, and about when did you buy it if so?

Yep same here, it randomly connects during single player for 2-3 seconds (green message) 2-4 seconds later boom.. you are disconnected (red text of doom).

I bought the ps plus version for 39,99 on release day..

Completed the Venom Hot Lap in 1:15.943 last night to get my 225th star. It took an hour of me continuously going around the course. I got so sick of it I quit to try the online but it wasn't working. Ended up going back to the time trial and got it on my 3rd attempt.

Hopefully the online will be working later so I can try that out.

For people who have got all stars (not sure if spoiler)
Where is skin for completing all the stars? I couldn't see it when I was selecting my car.

viveks86

I'm actually finding the pro races far easier than some of the earlier races. Even the Ariel Atom seems far more tame than expected! Weird...

hamchan

I think I've gone from being iffy on the game to loving it now that I'm about to tackle Legends Cup. Really starts hitting its stride once the fast cars are unlocked.

viveks86

In team races pts are allocated depending on which position you finish in, the team with the most pts wins.

It's not just position. It's fame points (position contributes to fame points). The awesome thing about team races is that people at least try to drive clean. Crashing takes away a big chunk of your fame points.

You could technically be last place, draft everyone, drift around and still contribute significantly to the overall score.

Yep same here, it randomly connects during single player for 2-3 seconds (green message) 2-4 seconds later boom.. you are disconnected (red text of doom).

I bought the ps plus version for 39,99 on release day..

well good grief i am glad i am not alone in club disconnect.

who did we offend to not be included in the slow re-instatment of online functionality?

LukasF

I'm actually finding the pro races far easier than some of the earlier races. Even the Ariel Atom seems far more tame than expected! Weird...

You've probably just improved greatly. Every time I move up to a new tier of cars it's like having a whole new game thrown at me, I can barely stay in control for the first few races :D

viveks86

well good grief i am glad i am not alone in club disconnect.

who did we offend to not be included in the slow re-instatment of online functionality?

2 people with the exact same situation and purchased copies close to release. Coincidence? I think not. Seems like we have some kind of a licensing issue at hand.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Somebody screamed during MP game 'you are worse than AI in this game'

All races today screwed by jerks, holy crap, some people really cannot race.

Korezo

Completed the Venom Hot Lap in 1:15.943 last night to get my 225th star. It took an hour of me continuously going around the course. I got so sick of it I quit to try the online but it wasn't working. Ended up going back to the time trial and got it on my 3rd attempt.

Hopefully the online will be working later so I can try that out.

For people who have got all stars (not sure if spoiler)
Where is skin for completing all the stars? I couldn't see it when I was selecting my car.

You have to go to garage and its under bonus.

Last night I had this proper chavvy sounding twat racing his psn name was something like kyle4becca haha and was purposefully hitting into people and just messing about. Sounded like he was drunk with a bunch of friends. Sooo annoying! I know we have all been there and pratted about in multiplayer but he just did my head in.

Putty

Leaderboardfs working like a dream this morning! Just got into the top 100 on the first 2 tour events and just beat Shaneus PTP around Canada, it was his time that was used as my benchmark. Still a few secs to shave off b4 i get to the top 20 or so. This game THIS GAME!

2 people with the exact same situation and purchased copies close to release. Coincidence? I think not. Seems like we have some kind of a licensing issue at hand.

there has to be a common factor.
my reinstalled version does the same thing
a new account does the same thing
new ip address, new psn account, new country, new isp: same thing.

licensing issue related to purchase date seems at least possible as it is one of the few things i have no control over, short of buying it again, or buying a disc version.

it isnt RNG luck as my copy and i suspect others with no connection ever, behave the same way: with a brief flash of connection that manifests while driving as green message / red message.

viveks86

new ip address, new psn account, same thing.

licensing issue related to purchase date seems at least possible as it is one of the few things i have no control over, short of buying it again, or buying a disc version.

it isnt RNG luck as my copy and i suspect others with no connection ever, behave the same way: with a brief flash of connection that manifests while driving as green message / red message.

Yeah it doesn't sound random at all. But then, us simpletons don't know how statistics work. We just use anecdotes and gut feel. ;)

Have you finished re-downloading it?

Yeah it doesn't sound random at all. But then, us simpletons don't know how statistics work. We just use anecdotes and gut feel. ;)

Have you finished re-downloading it?

yeah now ts doing its background download thing but runs and gives the identical response after reaching the menu. If anything, the online indicator stays up for less time than before. almost a flash.

its like the server picks up the phone, then hangs up.
maybe my license got included in the psn plus "sorry we are not open for business for you guys yet" list.

FeiRR

Banned
new ip address, new psn account, new country, new isp: same thing.

Wait a second, is this a theory that pre-ordered digital version causes disconnect? I have that version and I've had problems with online like everybody but usually a few minutes into the game it connects and stays so. I doubt I'll go into online racing though. I'm just terrible at driving games and I don't want to annoy people because I smash into them.

viveks86

Wait a second, is this a theory that pre-ordered digital version causes disconnect? I have that version and I've had problems with online like everybody but usually a few minutes into the game it connects and stays so. I doubt I'll go into online racing though. I'm just terrible at driving games and I don't want to annoy people because I smash into them.

Nah I have the pre-ordered version too and my connection is rock solid. It's just a theory that may be something went wrong when they preordered it very close to release. The way he describes how he consistently gets connected and then disconnects indicates something more than the random server disconnects the rest of us experience.

Putty

Happened to me too. Can't find my name on one leaderboard immediately after completing the event. May be they are still syncing? Dunno

It will still sync up, my last one took a few mins but 1st 2 were instant. I find if i click to go into the main leaderboard menu itself it appears.

yeah i wish driving would eventually gimme a connection. I sniffed packets and its making a lot of port 443 connections to sony online infrastructure but nothing looks broken, or is hanging or dangling.

whatever is going on its at a protocol level: connect, oh its you? 404 error buddy. But since the game client isnt reporting error codes even Destiny style error "twelve monkeys" who knows.

And Rushy has stopped replying to his twitter, leaving just facebook and the other driveclub feed as news only - i feel there is no way to tell Evolution studio, in case they dont know.

Auctopus

#1 in the world for Ferrari 458 on Putre reverse ;)

Also, might be worth checking out the #1 time on The Kyle. I really hope the game isn't already subject to hacking and it's just some bug but that time is impossibly fast.

Feint

Neo Member
Any UK clubs recruiting at the mo?

I'm getting the game delivered in the next day or two. But I'd like to be in a club from the get go (network conditions permitting, obviously).

I don't know how good I'll be with this game yet, but I consider myself intermediate-ish with the Gran Turismo games.

PSN ID: Feint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom