• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony dismisses downgrade rumour as "ridiculous"

SolidSnakex said:
Now really, what does that have to do with what I said or replied to?

Draft was communicating an idea. The idea is that not only does the SDF vehemently defend the exclusives on the PS3, but they defend them even if they have the potential to be bad. And then, not only that, the SDF rises to defend the absolutely ridicuous statements that Sony makes about PS3 that really don't have much of a defense.

DCharlie

Banned
Wouldn't it be great if MS awarded you XBL Marketplace points for arguing with Sony fans? ;)

lol - the irony is Sony are paying me to rile sony fans into defending their console and games and have been for 4 years now.

Kojiro

Banned
Fishie flop oog said:
Urm it does though, the same social waves, the same psyche goes trough the world of videogame fanboyism as it goes trough the world of religious or political believes, as it goes trough moral and personal believes.
We are simple creatures who live trough simple easily defineable psychological and moral waves, no matter what subject we are talking about.

As a species we havent evolved much past primal instincts that define our behavioral patterns yet.

I mean, why do men mostly like big tits and a big ass?
Because our primordial psyche tells us a big ass means wide child bearing hips and big tits means whatever that pops out of those big hips will be able to be fed well and survive.

We are stupid and silly creatures who havent evolved nearly enough yet and yes that priomordial will to survive interspears our behaviour and believes on every ****ing level, including console loyalty.
My god, this guy is still around here?

Fishie flop oog said:
Urm it does though, the same social waves, the same psyche goes trough the world of videogame fanboyism as it goes trough the world of religious or political believes, as it goes trough moral and personal believes.
We are simple creatures who live trough simple easily defineable psychological and moral waves, no matter what subject we are talking about.

As a species we havent evolved much past primal instincts that define our behavioral patterns yet.

I mean, why do men mostly like big tits and a big ass?
Because our primordial psyche tells us a big ass means wide child bearing hips and big tits means whatever that pops out of those big hips will be able to be fed well and survive.

We are stupid and silly creatures who havent evolved nearly enough yet and yes that priomordial will to survive interspears our behaviour and believes on every ****ing level, including console loyalty.

You don't have to concede to those 'primordial urges and behaviors', as you are categorically defining them, just because they are there and just because others are. You can use your 'god/evolution' given gift of reason/logic to remove yourself from that context. What ruffles my feathers, so to say, is that this mob/team mentality stifles most meaningful conversation about what the end-goal of videogaming is in the first place: an entertainment medium.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Oh, and to clarify:

DCharlie said:
not really, i believe you described yourself as the middle ground recently - although that might have been SSX all yous are the same! ;)

I meant the middle ground of Sony appreciation, not the absolute middle ground of all console advocacy. As in, I'm more of a fan of Sony than some but certainly less than others. And I believe I said I tend to be middle ground.

DCharlie

Banned
I meant the middle ground of Sony appreciation, not the absolute middle ground of all console advocacy. As in, I'm more of a fan of Sony than some but certainly less than others. And I believe I said I tend to be middle ground.

oh, then that makes more sense then. You can't really argue with that given i see you finished Kameo. *hat doffed* ;)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DCharlie said:
oh, then that makes more sense then. You can't really argue with that given i see you finished Kameo. *hat doffed* ;)
I knew that was the only reason that you and Jonnyram wanted to add me to your Friends Lists!

Of course, I could be like J Allard and just pay someone to use my account.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheKingsCrown said:
Perhaps. Its funny that Sony, if it uses the tactics to which you allude, hasn't been able to topple Nintendo's network of loyalists.
Yes, but how do you know these alleged Nintendo "loyalists" aren't just another facet of Sony's master plan?

DCharlie

Banned
Perhaps. Its funny that Sony, if it uses the tactics to which you allude, hasn't been able to topple Nintendo's network of loyalists.

it goes without saying that we copied the idea from nintendo.

MrSingh

kaching said:
I knew that was the only reason that you and Jonnyram wanted to add me to your Friends Lists!

Of course, I could be like J Allard and just pay someone to use my account.
I want to play uno with you.

kaching said:
Yes, but how do you know these alleged Nintendo "loyalists" aren't just another facet of Sony's master plan?

I thought we established that Katuragi was actually

Krang.gif

And so therefore none of this sketchy stuff that Sony does could really ever end up working in the end.

DCharlie said:
it goes without saying that we copied the idea from nintendo.

Point taken.

You know what is interesting. The team dynamics and psychology of brand loyalty. It seems their is a new genus of gamer that is more about rooting for a particular brand to win the 'console wars'. The real loser here is the gaming community at large. It seems we have all been duped by the gaming industry media into addictively visiting/hitting certain websites for the next dose of console soap opera.

Moderation Unlimited said:
You know what is interesting. The team dynamics and psychology of brand loyalty. It seems their is a new genus of gamer that is more about rooting for a particular brand to win the 'console wars'. The real loser here is the gaming community at large. It seems we have all been duped by the gaming industry media into addictively visiting/hitting certain websites for the next dose of console soap opera.

Do you not agree though, that instead of Nintendo being the company that is forcing the soap opera...it now appears to be Sony with their nearly weekly or even daily ridiculous and silly press releases? Nintendo used to have the Nintendo Difference...now they are just forcing people to play the games and making millions off of Nintendogs and Brain Training. Sony's just going nuts IMO.

X26

Banned
It's hilarious how the xbox/nintnedo here act as if they're the underdogs on GAF and everyone is out to get them, despite sont by far being the one constantly bashed here.

GAF is a haven for xbox and nintendo fanboys and you know it

TheKingsCrown said:
Do you not agree though, that instead of Nintendo being the company that is forcing the soap opera...it now appears to be Sony with their nearly weekly or even daily ridiculous and silly press releases? Nintendo used to have the Nintendo Difference...now they are just forcing people to play the games and making millions off of Nintendogs and Brain Training. Sony's just going nuts IMO.

I commend Nintendo for what they did: opt out of the 'console war' and carve a new market for themselves. That was a ballsy move that paid off for them. Both Sony and MS are guilty of perpetuating the 'console war', though. Maybe Wii will have 70% marketshare of the overall console market this time around. That would be a nice kick in the balls to the other two, wouldn't it?

DCharlie

Banned
I commend Nintendo for what they did: opt out of the 'console war' and carve a new market for themselves. That was a ballsy move that paid off for them. Both Sony and MS are guilty of perpetuating the 'console war', though. Maybe Wii will have 70% marketshare of the overall console market this time around. That would be a nice kick in the balls to the other two, wouldn't it?

i like the cut of your jib. 100% agreed.

X26

Banned

It's still a video game console, and it still does the same things essentially. Whether it can capture a new market by appealing to non-gamers, I don't know, I think Nintendo is greatly overestimating the appeal the Wii will have on this demographic to be honest.

But yea, massive success for the Wii would be a nice and much needed shock to the industry, I just don't see it happening

X26 said:
It's still a video game console, and it still does the same things essentially. Whether it can capture a new market by appealing to non-gamers, I don't know, I think Nintendo is greatly overestimating the appeal the Wii will have on this demographic to be honest.

But yea, massive success for the Wii would be a nice and much needed shock to the industry, I just don't see it happening

That all depends on the introductory price, now doesn't it? $200 or less, and this thing is flying out the window just like the Nintendo DS (plus you don't have to buy a new tv). You can bet that Nintendo will, just like with the DS, bring a slew of 'Touch Generation' software with them over to the Wii console realm, too, and make it incredibly easy to access internet, email, and messaging functionality. It should be interesting to see how things pan out.

We already know that Xbox has XBox Live and Xtender Media capabilities. That's what it has going for it featurewise. Sony I think will open up a new can of worms in the console space by instantiating 2 bootable operating systems with 2 different purposes: one as a media computer and another as a gaming console. The network platform will be open but not without structure....like of a MySpace Live kind of thing. Of the 3 choices, I think each offers something unique, which is pretty awesome in its own right. Competition may be doing its thing here.

TheKingsCrown said:

The members of a Sony fansites messageboard in Holland organised a concerted campaign to destroy Nintendo DS pods.
Result around 80% of the demopods in holland have a destroyed touchscreen.
Legal action is on the way.

X26 said:
It's hilarious how the xbox/nintnedo here act as if they're the underdogs on GAF and everyone is out to get them, despite sont by far being the one constantly bashed here.

High trees catch more wind.
Nintendo and MS combined arent as high a tree as Sony is.

Case closed.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
X26 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You must have come here post E3 2006. This place is nothing like that at all.

dig up all old 2005 after e3 threads...the situation was worst.

majority of here,

treat Sony as king. will spin for king.

Nintendo as little brother they bully for fun.

Ms is hate only because ze r teh evil empire enter gaming to monopolied it !!!

it is been said. it has been this way since our board inception. peace.

Fishie flop oog said:
The members of a Sony fansites messageboard in Holland organised a concerted campaign to destroy Nintendo DS pods.
Result around 80% of the demopods in holland have a destroyed touchscreen.
Legal action is on the way.

Interesting....source?

You don't have to concede to those 'primordial urges and behaviors', as you are categorically defining them, just because they are there and just because others are. You can use your 'god/evolution' given gift of reason/logic to remove yourself from that context. What ruffles my feathers, so to say, is that this mob/team mentality stifles most meaningful conversation about what the end-goal of videogaming is in the first place: an entertainment medium.
Its what I am doing, also QFT

Saoh

002.jpg

006.jpg

im not saying the PS3 was downgraded, but its clear that Sony shows shit all the time. Something defenitely happened.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Fishie flop oog said:
Nintendo Holland managing director and communicationa manager Frank Rittinghaus

...that's a helluva source... almost like the MS source the other day talking about how he felt that Cell probably wasn't that great a processor for gaming... and what picture was Saoh trying to post?

DarienA said:
...that's a helluva source... almost like the MS source the other day talking about how he felt that Cell probably wasn't that great a processor for gaming... and what picture was Saoh trying to post?

I doubt they would take legal action if the call to destroy DS demo pods wasnt true

raYne

X26 said:

ROFL!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Fishie flop oog said:
I doubt they would take legal action if the call to destroy DS demo pods wasnt true

How long ago did this happen? I'm not making fun of you now, I'm being serious(for a change). I can't believe that gamers would take something to such an extreme. (Wait did I just say that?)

Amir0x

Banned
Saoh said:
im not saying the PS3 was downgraded, but its clear that Sony shows shit all the time. Something defenitely happened.

yes, that something is Namco showed CG, and they suck at next-gen so far

X26

Banned
firefoxsux said:
dig up all old 2005 after e3 threads...the situation was worst.

majority of here,

treat Sony as king. will spin for king.

Nintendo as little brother they bully for fun.

Ms is hate only because ze r teh evil empire enter gaming to monopolied it !!!

it is been said. it has been this way since our board inception. peace.

Thanks for proving my point

Amir0x

Banned
Namco is pretty horrid graphicswise this new gen, aren't they?

i don't know what's up with them. Sony and Microsoft should send dedicated deligates to Namco and give all their programmers a crash course in "basic" shit like shaders. And lighting.

Namco is pretty horrid graphicswise this new gen, aren't they?

it's just staggering to see them come out of the gate last gen with SC and TTT and then this gen.... simply embarassing.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fishie flop oog said:
I know a bunch of guys at guerrilla, they had jack and squat last year.
Interesting, so do I. In fact, we hired him away not too long ago.

What he's told me and what you're stating now don't jive.

Who should I believe, Fishie? Your account is on the clock - for the final time, I might add - so you may want to respond ASAP.

Top Bottom