• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Arrow' star Stephen Amell is going to wrestle at SummerSlam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

He seemed athletic enough at least.

aqVxtlx.gif

Whoa he's beating the hell out of Sub Zero!

Doesn't look like he's playing the Arrow character though, he's just being himself? I am disappointed. Thought for sure we were gonna have WWE x MK x Arrow

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa he's beating the hell out of Sub Zero!

Doesn't look like he's playing the Arrow character though, he's just being himself? I am disappointed. Thought for sure we were gonna have WWE x MK x Arrow

Pentagon Jr is the only MK character you need
tumblr_nnyzhiV7yL1us69xqo1_500.png

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
He better wrestle in the Arrow costume. I'm also hoping he gets his own entrance and music and doesn't just come out with Neville. His entrance music being Radioactive would be the greatest thing ever.

Moofers

He better wrestle in the Arrow costume. I'm also hoping he gets his own entrance and music and doesn't just come out with Neville. His entrance music being Radioactive would be the greatest thing ever.

I've seen this said a few times and I don't get it. I'm even all caught up on Arrow! What's the scoop?

wildfire

Banned
Meanwhile, in the crowd at SummerSlam

newtom.gifz8x32.gif

I would say that's Marvel's reaction as it dawns on them that DC beat them to the punch when Spiderman could've done this ages ago.

Amell gets knocked out, but then Diggle runs in and makes him huff some Chinese herbs. Amell sits up like the Undertaker.

I want an entire season of Arrow told through wrestling now.

Let's be real. This is going to be used as one of those flashbacks for season 4. Perfect cross promotion.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wolverine also broke Dolph Ziggler's jaw
But that sucked more than Origins. This is actually cool.

I miss Sandow. Cant believe how badly they fucked him over. Had him lose MITB to a one armed Cena, made him to shit like in that pic and then even after he gets super over with the stunt double gimmick they completely screw that up too.

Sephzilla

I miss Sandow. Cant believe how badly they fucked him over. Had him lose MITB to a one armed Cena, made him to shit like in that pic and then even after he gets super over with the stunt double gimmick they completely screw that up too.

I have to believe someone backstage has an irrational hate for Sandow. The guy has shown that he's pretty talented, there's no reason he should be doing the shit he's doing now.

Toki767

Season 1 is good although there's a bit too much melodrama in spots, mostly around the middle chunk of the season. Season 2 is all around great. Haven't seen Season 3, heard it's a step down.

Season 3 isn't like...super horrible, I guess. It's just that when you're watching the beginning of Season 1 and you think to yourself, "They're trying to make him Batman." and then get to Season 3 and you think to yourself, "This guy isn't Batman, what are these writers doing?" it does seem pretty bad.

Green Arrow and Neville Baggins Summerslam tag team match. Gonna be tight.

His run in reminded me of an explosive brock lesnar style entrance tbh. Shit was hype.

mFFk18S.png

What struck me about the backstage faceoff is not how short Neville is, but how much Amell looks like Triple H if he was a buck sixty and had a human nose.

besada

Banned
Someone just needs to start a Superhero Wrestling League. Instead of a ring, you have a street scene. Each wrestler is dressed and acts as a licensed DC/Marvel superhero or villain. Gadget use would be legal.

Someone make that happen. Slayven, Vince? You two take care of that for me.

Menome

But that sucked more than Origins. This is actually cool.

IbhRETk.jpg

Someone just needs to start a Superhero Wrestling League. Instead of a ring, you have a street scene. Each wrestler is dressed and acts as a licensed DC/Marvel superhero or villain. Gadget use would be legal.

Someone make that happen. Slayven, Vince? You two take care of that for me.

Hoodslam is close, and there are other goofy companies like Seattle's 3-2-1 Wrestling.

Amell ain't the greatest actor, but there's something about an actor's unbridled enthusiasm for the part they play and just being in the game that makes me love them a lot. Dude is the real deal.

Ithil

Amell ain't the greatest actor, but there's something about an actor's unbridled enthusiasm for the part they play and just being in the game that makes me love them a lot. Dude is the real deal.

Yes, it's not like he's a great actor, but he's trying so damn hard that it's ok.

Famassu

Honestly would it have been so goddamn hard for someone to find a crate for Neville to stand on for this? Fucking embarrassing. This is a world of muscular titans, and here we have a ripped halfling.
What's embarrassing is your dumb, pathetic attitude towards shorter people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom