• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for Shane Black's The Nice Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
KKBB is in my top 5, so I am so all over this I can't even think straight.

Laughed at Crowe reading the 'equanimity' card at the start. What is that, like the third Shane Black character to be trying to expand his vocabulary? And it's at Christmas again!

jasonng

I feel like the trailer showed too much.

But I am so in.

Now off to watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for the 14th time.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks amazing. That nobody got hurt closer slayed me. Day 1

Houndi101

pKkO7gM.jpg

Emarv

Don't get why Iron Man 3 is hated so much here. It's a damn fun movie.

I think because it wasn't comic book-y enough. People who get mad over the great Mandarin reveal. We're lucky enough to live in a universe where Shane Black makes a superhero movie that feels like a Shane Black movie.

I loved this trailer. So on board for this movie. I need it now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I dunno, I think I love the fact Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a better movie than any Lethal Weapon. That's a lot to love, right there.

Also, dark secret nobody really likes to admit down deep: Danny Glover isn't very good as Murtaugh. A lot of confused goggling and sputtering and not much else.

lol what? Glover is great as Murtaugh.

clearly you hate it

The hell you get that from?

How are you making that leap?

Criticizing a movie != hating it. All I said was "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is better than any Lethal Weapon movie" and "Danny Glover isn't very good in those movies."

how you pulling "HE HATES THESE MOVIES" out of that?

Lashley

The hell you get that from?

How are you making that leap?

Criticizing a movie != hating it. All I said was "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is better than any Lethal Weapon movie" and "Danny Glover isn't very good in those movies."

how you pulling "HE HATES THESE MOVIES" out of that?

HATE might have been a strong word, but I think it's a fair guess to say you don't like it.

HATE might have been a strong word, but I think it's a fair guess to say you don't like it.

No, it's not a fair guess. I like Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 quite a bit. They're very fun movies.

Just because I think Kiss Kiss is a better film doesn't mean I think Lethal Weapon is a fucking turd.

I just think there's some not-good shit in Lethal Weapon. I can't say that about Kiss Kiss. It's all good stuff in that movie.

Lashley

No, it's not a fair guess. I like Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 quite a bit. They're very fun movies.

Just because I think Kiss Kiss is a better film doesn't mean I think Lethal Weapon is a fucking turd.

I just think there's some not-good shit in Lethal Weapon. I can't say that about Kiss Kiss. It's all good stuff in that movie.

All right, fair enough.

I've not seen KKBB (yet) so can't compare the two. Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 are two of my all-time favorite movies though.

G-Fex

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang > The Last Boy Scout > Lethal Weapon > The Monster Squad > The Long Kiss Goodnight > Iron Man 3 > Last Action Hero

with special notice for him showing up in Predator to read Sgt. Rock comics and make vulgar jokes

Shane-Black-in-Predator.jpg

Damn I didn't know he made all those movies wow.

This looks fucking great btw, I hope it's as good as KKBB

Danny Glover is so goofy in the Lethal Weapon movies. It doesn't really hurt them, since I love how he bounces off of Mel, but it's not good acting either lol. Definitely adds a layer of camp to the the dramatic moments.

KKBB is insanely fun, but doesn't stand up to repeat viewing nearly as much as Lethal Weapon because RDJ's smarmy narration becomes a little grating over time. It's Black's self-impressed commentary that usually never leaves his screenplays. It works the first time and becomes kind of juvenile and annoying on rewatches.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looks fantastic, love me some Shane Black. Enjoyed Iron Man 3 as well even if it's low on my list of Shane Black written/directed films

Also some people think Danny Glover is bad in the Lethal Weapon films ? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. He's great in the LW films and a good actor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom