• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No RE5 in next week's Famitsu :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
solarplexus said:
Sorry, but I believe REhorror is wrong here.

Famitsu says in its latest issue that they'll have the following coverage next week:

- Monthly Nintendo News
- FF12 Revenant Wings
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
- Super Robot Taisen W

Not a single word about RE5 in this weeks Famitsu. And REHorror was wrong many times in the past. So take it with a grain of salt.
Monthly Nintendo news? So maybe there is something about RE:UC, making the rumor partially true? Or is this only about 1st-/ 2nd-party stuff?

dog$ said:
Dear Capcom:

Same thing I've said since RE1 -

The ability to move and shoot at the same time (and not be Gun Hazard) or No Sale.

You haven't been ****ing saying that since RE1.

Maybe you've been saying it since SH1, but no way in **** have you been saying it since RE1. So STFU.

Carry on.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
You guys should really start listening to us more sensible GAF posters.

::brushes lint off smoking jacket, adjusts monocle::

wsippel said:
Monthly Nintendo news? So maybe there is something about RE:UC, making the rumor partially true? Or is this only about 1st-/ 2nd-party stuff?

Maybe something to do with that sequal to a Nintendo IP that Nintendo Dream mentioned?

Does anyone know when the next Nintendo Dream comes out anyway?

Yama

Not to be entirely too optimistic, but it could be a surprise. Perhaps changing the thread title either way is a bit premature at this point, no? It still sits as possible information as of now, though somewhat doubtful, I agree.

ethelred

Yama said:
Not to be entirely too optimistic, but it could be a surprise. Perhaps changing the thread title either way is a bit premature at this point, no? It still sits as possible information as of now, though somewhat doubtful, I agree.

If it's a surprise, why would a random RE fansite know about it?

Dali said:
If that is your logic, maybe I should open a thread titled, "Shigero Miyamoto's baby eating addiction uncovered in next week's Famitsu." Of course this is speculative that any news of his addiction will be in the next issue, but "it could be a surprise."

I read that Shigeru Miyamoto is dead.

Dali

Yama said:

If that is your logic, maybe I should open a thread titled, "Shigero Miyamoto's baby eating addiction uncovered in next week's Famitsu." Of course this is speculative that any news of his addiction will be in the next issue, but "it could be a surprise."

I give this development 2 Sherry Birkins.

sherry.jpg
sherry.jpg

Yama

Dali said:
Well, that could be the best thread ever. :lol

The moment I saw this "news" I e-mailed Temp asking for a source, it did seem questionable from the get go. Don't mind me though, I'm just starving for information. The one hundred plus celebrating replies certainly make you want to believe, but alas it was over before it began. :(

Zenith

Banned
They updated with a link. Under the "Capcom Official" section of their EU forums:

Ladies and gents, rejoice!
Capcom announced that in the next issue of Famitsu there will be news regarding RE5. 'til then.

http://forum.capcom-europe.com/viewtopic.php?t=12487

And again from the Capcom rep:

But knowing that it has been officially announced it will probably be some some premiere screens of the game where the team basically says "This is the new theme for the game, and this is we're heading with this project."
It's POSSIBLY, but not so likely, that a trailer will be included in the DVD. If that's the case, then the new trailer will pretty much speak for itself.

So not only new screens, but a new trailer?

Yama

Zenith said:
They updated with a link. Under the "Capcom Official" section of their EU forums:

http://forum.capcom-europe.com/viewtopic.php?t=12487

And again from the Capcom rep:

So not only new screens, but a new trailer?
I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of times rumors have came from the European Capcom boards, received rediculous amounts of attention due to "reps", only to be proven false shortly thereafter. I don't doubt a certain member or two works for Capcom, but their position is more than likely not one to obtain valuable information on these titles. Most of these rumors were obvious speculation formed by the majority of the BH community, given a false sense of credibility by a moderator at the BBS. I surely hope we see something, but I'm not going to take anything from that forum as solid news.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wsippel said:
Clayonite promised several RE:UC trailers, screenshots and what not in the past as well. Stuff that never surfaced...

Is this guy even affiliated with Capcom?

Zenith

Banned
Maybe someone should sign up to the forums and ask him. He says he's "not running a rumour service" and that if they ever post incorrect news Capcom corrects them. Should I bite the bullet?

Yama

Zenith said:
Maybe someone should sign up to the forums and ask him. He says he's "not running a rumour service" and that if they ever post incorrect news Capcom corrects them. Should I bite the bullet?
It's not worth it, I've dealt with them before as I run a Biohazard website. This TGS was supposed to be filled with UC news, we all know how well that worked out. This has been going on for over a year now. It simply turns into prolonging the news to a further off date, don't waste your time.

wsippel

Banned
Zenith said:
Don't waste your time. It's always the same with Capcom Europe: They spread some rumors, or promise stuff like trailers or screenshots, telling people everything was "confirmed" by Capcom Japan. Then, if the rumors are proven wrong or the promised stuff doesn't appear, they say it was a last minute decision by Capcom Japan or something like that.

cvxfreak

I can personally testify that even Capcom's foreign subsidaries (USA, Europe) don't know everything that goes on in Capcom Japan. This forum stuff just makes that increasingly obvious.

Zenith

Banned
wsippel said:
Don't waste your time. It's always the same with Capcom Europe: They spread some rumors, or promise stuff like trailers or screenshots, telling people everything was "confirmed" by Capcom Japan. Then, if the rumors are proven wrong or the promised stuff doesn't appear, they say it was a last minute decision by Capcom Japan or something like that.

Are you sure because I searched for that UC stuff and I can only find the 1 thread in their "official news" forum and it only mentions confirmed stuff. The way it's worded with "Capcom announced" is fairly unambiguous. Not much room for backpedalling.

wsippel

Banned
Zenith said:
Are you sure because I searched for that UC stuff and I can only find the 1 thread in their "official news" forum and it only mentions confirmed stuff. The way it's worded with "Capcom announced" is fairly unambiguous. Not much room for backpedalling.
Oh, there was much more - they just deleted it I guess... :lol

Also, that "four chapters, two characters, two weapons each"-stuff was never confirmed by Capcom Japan as far as I know, only Capcom Europe "confirmed" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom