• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancelled Xbox game "The Kore Gang" is heading to the Wii.

Tamanon

Banned
wrowa said:
Yeah, beacause this game is developed by Nintendo and because Jump'n Runs are shitty games for kids and not suitable for "core gamers".

Get out of this thread, please.

I think he was making a pun based on the name "Kore". So touchy.

Game looks pretty blase.

I just got in touch with Zoink Games and have some info to share:

The game runs in 480p and 16:9, they're unsure about Dolby Pro Logic II and the framerate at the moment. It seems to run in 60 frames in the NTSC build, but again, they're unsure.

The game has progressed graphically since the beta build:

http://www.gamesfoundation.com/kore/screensbeta/index.html

Described as much crisper and with better lighting now.

New screens should be out in a few weeks.

All the voice actors from the Xbox version will finish their roles.

The Voice Cast list I was given is:

Jay Sopp (as Dr Samuelson)
Shelly Reynolds
Jen Taylor
David Scully
Gary Schwartz
Dex Manley
Nigel Neale

And the roles of Zoink and SnapDragon specifically are that Zoink does the direction, art, and music, while SnapDragon does the programming, as I expected.

And that's it! :D

Wow, I thought this might have become vaporware. Not only am I glad to see it still exists, but it's actually looking surprisingly respectable (besides the human character models being ugly as sin). I'm unsure of the combat, but the IR grappling mechanic looks pretty satisfying. As far as genre it looks right up my alley, so here's hoping it turns out well and packs enough content to justify a purchase.

Vagabundo

Like the art and looks like some effort has been injected into it.

The setting seems weird and cool. Hopefully the game play is there.

I too love the art style because it reminds me of Psychonauts quite a bit. I really don't care about the development history of the game, if it ends up being a fun platformer that had some effort put into it, I'm all for it.

By the way, I somehow can't get over the disk icon that's shown every time you get the "checkpoint reached" message, it's so... delightfully old school.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Hero of Legend said:
Also, I just noticed that the song in the new trailer sounds similar to Grunty's Lair from Banjo Kazooie.
Yeah, the whole game reminds me of Rare's style :).

Shiggy

There still isn't a publisher for this one.

I just took some shots from the game intro though:
5901965_720x405.jpg
5901966_720x405.jpg

5901968_720x405.jpg

5901970_720x405.jpg

5901971_720x405.jpg

5901974_720x405.jpg

5901975_720x405.jpg

5901976_720x405.jpg

5901978_720x405.jpg

Thanks for the shots Shiggy! But why not just give us the intro vid itself? Unless you were only allowed to post stills of it? No matter, the GamesCon videos show it anyway. :p

I really admire that they're taking advantage of being publisher-less and using all the extra time to really polish it up. We knew of the Wii conversion back in May 2008.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hero of Legend said:
I really admire that they're taking advantage of being publisher-less and using all the extra time to really polish it up. We knew of the Wii conversion back in May 2008.

Yet, here it is nearly 2010 and no publisher.

I don't expect this to get out of development hell/find a publisher. But if it does, cool. It would be nice to see some canceled X-box games show up in other places (I really want to see some of "the Unseen" that was in X-box promos in 2000-2002. It just fell off the face of the Earth after that)

Shiggy

Hero of Legend said:
Thanks for the shots Shiggy! But why not just give us the intro vid itself? Unless you were only allowed to post stills of it? No matter, the GamesCon videos show it anyway. :p

Oh, I thought I had added a link to the intro.
http://www.zoinkanimation.se/KORE/kore.html

I wanted to make a new thread about this, but I wanted to play it safe and just add this in here.

Zoink Games just unveiled a brand-new Wii game called WiiWaa that seems to be for retail, and you control it in the weirdest, but cutest way I've ever seen on a home console:

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=27171

Okay, that's pretty neat, and the graphics are impressive! But whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hero of Legend said:
I wanted to make a new thread about this, but I wanted to play it safe and just add this in here.

Zoink Games just unveiled a brand-new Wii game called WiiWaa that seems to be for retail, and you control it in the weirdest, but cutest way I've ever seen on a home console:

Okay, that's pretty neat, and the graphics are impressive! But whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

There's been a thread about this already, but it's a neat concept.

Shiggy

V_Ben

Banned
yeah. i just really want to play this game. i would email the developer my money to get a copy sent to me :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hero of Legend said:

what is that aural abortion coming out of my speakers auuuuuugh

Cute idea, though. I think the character design and the game title could use some attention, though.

New website, confirming an August 2010 release:

http://www.thekoregang.pixonauts.com/

Yes it's the official site as it redirects from http://www.thekoregang.com/ which is listed at Zoink's website:

http://www.zoinkgames.com/

The Facebook and Twitter pages promise new stuff, but there seems to be new screens on the website, ones I definitely have never seen before so maybe they are from the Wii version, while some of them are definitely old.

I ripped the three larger renders of the main characters:

t0hqg6.png
x3cqh0.png
1zba0pe.png

If I had a Wii, I would definitely pick up this title to support the dev. I was really looking forward to this one when it was an xbox project and I wish the devs the best of luck!

fernoca said:
Great news..love the cover..looks clean.

It's surely not the actual cover, because it has the wrong rating (ESRB on a European site?) and the Nintendo on it, but even then, the render's old as hell.

I'm glad this is actually coming out, even if it's destined to fly under everyone's radar. This generation is a pretty light on quirky platformers outside of a handful of expected sequels. Good luck going up against Metroid in August though. That's a tough sell.

Oh, and the main characters still look like poop. What were they thinking?

Shiggy

More than a year after the game's scheduled date they've finally found a publisher. Great! The videos look just fine.

If this game ever comes out I'll say WOW even if it was crap quality wise. Great job sticking to something you believe in, devs!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Voice acting is all over the place and main characters look something awful....

But color me impressed. The game is very unique/quirkish and looks like it has the potential to be rather memorable. Musical score sounds pretty good and it seems to makes basic but nice use of the wiimote controller.

It almost looks like Rayman 2 combined with Psychonauts. That couldn't be a bad thing.

Lets just hope it is actually fun to play and controls well.

Edit: Anybody know the price range we are looking at?

fernoca

Hero of Legend said:
It's surely not the actual cover, because it has the wrong rating (ESRB on a European site?) and the Nintendo on it, but even then, the render's old as hell.
Yeah..I know.. :p
Still looked nice.

SLYspyda said:
Someone explain to me as well. The Wii is MORE POWERFUL than xbox 1, there's no argument there at all.

Then why does Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rallisport Challenge, Rallisport Challenge 2, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Ninja Gaiden Black, Dead or Alive 3, PGR, and PGR2 look better than every single Wii game out there?

Kevtones

Phoenix Fang said:
Then why does Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rallisport Challenge, Rallisport Challenge 2, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Ninja Gaiden Black, Dead or Alive 3, PGR, and PGR2 look better than every single Wii game out there?

oh my goodness

Why is it that every single Wii platformer (not named Mario galaxy) coming out for the Wii has some of the ugliest character designs known to man? Flip is ugly. Jett is ugly. The Kore Gang is definitely ugly.

[Nintex]

Phoenix Fang said:

2006 called, it wants its argument back.

Top Bottom