• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week news japanese gaming mag are out already...?

near

Gold Member
Kyoufu said:
The million dollar question: Why the long ass delay for ToV PAL?

Not that I care about 3D Tales games a great deal but it seems that its one of the better JRPGs this gen so far, so why the fuck isn't it out here yet?

It makes you wonder if they even have a studio set up here to handle the Europe releases.

duckroll

Airkiru said:
It makes you wonder if they even have a studio set up here to handle the Europe releases.

They don't. Many Bandai Namco games, including ToV and Eternal Sonata are being handled by Atari in Europe. It's pretty fucked up.

duckroll

ElFly said:
I wonder how precise is this translation...

He says that they want to get GT5 out by 2009, but it doesn't sound like a solid promise. Like anything with Polyphony, there is the desire and then there is the reality. So I won't be surprised if it slips 2009, but at least they're targeting 2009 for sure.

duckroll said:
They don't. Many Bandai Namco games, including ToV and Eternal Sonata are being handled by Atari in Europe. It's pretty fucked up.
They have sort of a publisher set up in France now. They still did a partnership with Atari for distribution though.

I also doubt they do localizations in house, ToV case is pretty weird because it hasn't been announced yet despite Eternal Sonata getting a localized release within a month of the US release.

Stormbringer said:
Yoshizumi :
- Tales of isn't selling well in the West in comparison to Japan. He wishes American and European would play it more.
It's really odd how they handle their business on the portable side of things. Out of all the portable Tales of games they decided to bring, they choose Tales of the World for the PSP. Besides the DS having a much bigger audience, the DS titles so far involve original stories while Tales of the World titles involves characters from different Tales of games coming together. Some of them from Tales of games that haven't been released here.

jesusraz

duckroll said:
Yeah he's being really silly, but to be fair, at least he's ADMITTING that the Tales series is going down the shitter in terms of sales. Realization is the first step! :lol
It's strange as whenever I ask those in the Japanese BanNam office about Tales in Europe, they always give the same 'We hope to bring X title to our loyal European fans' response, so clearly there are those in the company that do indeed wish to see the games hit worldwide. So maybe the problem likes with Hometek...

Hopefully NamBan EU and its deal with Atari will lead to more Tales over here eventually. Just bypass the US completely ;)

Durante

Stormbringer said:
Nagoshi :

- Before, you wouldn't make software for hardware which wouldn't sell. Things are now different. It's now a matter of fighting so the resources dedicated to the HD consoles wouldn't decrease.
- Making titles that actively justify the existence of the high-end consoles is a personal mission
- The 'multiplatformization' of the game software has little meaning. Digging further into each platform's characteristics and nature is what is interesting.
- He wants to make a new game using his experience with Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku. He is also considering worldwide development, though he is worried about the stance that consists of appealing to the Western audience before the Japanese audience.
I really like this guy. Will buy all his future games.

Stormbringer said:
Yoshizumi :

- Tales of isn't selling well in the West in comparison to Japan. He wishes American and European would play it more.

Oh well maybe...I don't know actually RELEASING the games would help build a moderately strong fanbase?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Flying_Phoenix said:
Oh well maybe...I don't know actually RELEASING the games would help build a moderately strong fanbase?
Somehow I doubt oversaturating the market like Japan has is the best way to build a fanbase.

grandjedi6 said:
Somehow I doubt oversaturating the market like Japan has is the best way to build a fanbase.

I guess I should rephrase. How about releasing all the "big" and "good" games?

I mean Innocence hasn't received a release and I doubt that Hearts will either. I mean yes I know that Symphonia 2 and Vesperia are so close to one another but possibly they could release Hearts like 6 months from the Japanese release or something? Hey it's better then not getting it at all.

Stormbringer said:
Nagoshi :

- Before, you wouldn't make software for hardware which wouldn't sell. Things are now different. It's now a matter of fighting so the resources dedicated to the HD consoles wouldn't decrease.
- Making titles that actively justify the existence of the high-end consoles is a personal mission
- The 'multiplatformization' of the game software has little meaning. Digging further into each platform's characteristics and nature is what is interesting.
- He wants to make a new game using his experience with Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku. He is also considering worldwide development, though he is worried about the stance that consists of appealing to the Western audience before the Japanese audience.

awesome guy with awesome taste making awesome games. cant go wrong with nagoshi.

thanks man.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Flying_Phoenix said:
I guess I should rephrase. How about releasing all the "big" and "good" games?

I mean Innocence hasn't received a release and I doubt that Hearts will either. I mean yes I know that Symphonia 2 and Vesperia are so close to one another but possibly they could release Hearts like 6 months from the Japanese release or something? Hey it's better then not getting it at all.
Depends on your standards of "big" and "good" then. Innocence for example didn't light up the charts in Japan as much and some gaf impressions compared Innocence to Legendia in quality. Would Innocence really be viewed as a big or good game if it was localized?

grandjedi6 said:
Depends on your standards of "big" and "good" then. Innocence for example didn't light up the charts in Japan as much and some gaf impressions compared Innocence to Legendia in quality. Would Innocence really be viewed as a big or good game if it was localized?

Big? Probably not. Good? Well yeah since mostly everybody who has played it said it was of much quality. Though I do see your point of there being far too many Tales games. What was Namco thinking? (no really I'm curious)

icecream

Public Health Threat
Way of the Samurai 3 announced for 360. 2/26/2009 release date.

01.jpg

lupinko

Stormbringer said:
Nagoshi :

<3 <3 <3 him and Ryutaro Nonaka. d('v')b

grandjedi6 said:

Given that Europe has seen Tales of Symphonia (GC only), Tales of Phantasia (GBA) and Tales of Eternia (PSP), we are a long, long way from saturation, let alone oversaturation. Not a single PS2 entry, not a DS entry.

Tailzo

Does anyone care about Famitsu's most wanted gamelists? I found this at jeuxpo.com

1. Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
3. Resident Evil 5 (PS3, Capcom)
4. Monster Hunter 3 (Wii, Capcom)
5. Dragon Quest VI (NDS, Square Enix)
6. Amagami (PS2, Enterbrain)
7. Star Ocean: The Last Hope (360, Square Enix)
8. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
9. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
10. Yakuza 3 (PS3, Sega)
11. Street Fighter IV (PS3, Capcom)
12. Seventh Dragon (NDS, Sega)
13. Ninokuni: The Another World (NDS, Level 5)
14. Benjamin Hunter : Perfect Prosecutor (NDS, Capcom)
15. Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP, Square Enix)

Those are voted by their readers.

Yazus

Tailzo said:
Does anyone care about Famitsu's most wanted gamelists? I found this at jeuxpo.com

10. Yakuza 3 (PS3, Sega)

Whooho, Star Ocean 4 above Versus XIII, this is a good surprise.
Maybe because they are more hyped on a game that we actually know something :lol

ram

jj984jj said:
Maybe it means the game will be localized by someone? :eek:

and another stupid descision by a japanese games publisher. if they are bringing both games to the west, why should anyone bother with the ps3 release, when the xbox360 will have additional content? really - they are digging there own grave.

Tailzo said:

10. Yakuza 3 (PS3, Sega)

I guess that Level 5 combined with Ghibli was bound to be really popular, even before the game's release.

Paracelsus

ram said:
and another stupid descision by a japanese games publisher. if they are bringing both games to the west, why should anyone bother with the ps3 release, when the xbox360 will have additional content? really - they are digging there own grave.

They probably won't bother with either version, so it does not really make a difference.

iceatcs

Yazus said:
Whooho, Star Ocean 4 above Versus XIII, this is a good surprise.
Maybe because they are more hyped on a game that we actually know something :lol
Normally it will boost when it release very soon, but this list means nothing but just Famitsu user's most wanted.

xfactor

Banned
Tailzo said:

10. Yakuza 3 (PS3, Sega)

What the hell?

Zoe

Tailzo said:

10. Yakuza 3 (PS3, Sega)

That makes me :lol

Parl

Paracelsus said:
I sure hope so. Waiting this more than the stuff below. I mean, wtf. o.0
This represents the anticipations of a small niche. In the past 3 years' worth of these lists, you would have expected A LOT more DS games in this list, and less PS3 and 360 games in comparison to Wii games.

Since last week's Famitsu made mention of new Super Robot Wars news in the next issue, 2ch has started with the fakes. Anyone else see the Super Robot Wars X "scan" for the DS that includes SD Gundam Force as being one of the included series? Too funny.

Kagari said:
I need to get around to importing some of said Gundam games because I highly doubt they'll ever come to America...

Gundam vs. Gundam and Federation vs. ZAFT Portable are totally worth it, and you can get used copies of the Battle series on ebay for cheap.

Bonds of the Battlefield Portable is up for preorder on Amazon Japan, Play Asia and Yes Asia, but NCSX hasn't put it up yet.

Top Bottom