• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes/pictures you don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The Orson Wells clapping gif. For the longest time, I thought it was Higgins from Magnum PI. Took away any gravitas the gif might've had.

mandiller

demon said:
The best of the spin-offs easily being this one:

168vcx4.jpg

Wow, hadn't seen that one. Clever :lol

PacoDG

kIdMuScLe said:

Wow, I was expecting this as the first reply to my ignorance on "smh".. seemed so obvious. GAF you are too slow sometimes. smh.

thanks for the honest answers, I really had no clue

God damnit, i'm looking for the pic of the comic thats drawn in mspaint of the anime kid doing something really nerdy, and the last panel is just a pic of the dad staring at the son...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
None i used to go on 4chan so i am up to date with the ins and outs of teh internetz

hteng

Banned
layzie1989 said:
God damnit, i'm looking for the pic of the comic thats drawn in mspaint of the anime kid doing something really nerdy, and the last panel is just a pic of the dad staring at the son...

thats the anime nerd comics, i think gaf never found out who created those

Jay Sosa

numble said:

Damn I'm so stupid.. At first I was I know that dude from somewhere, then he looks kinda like T-Mac...Ahhhh!

And the only meme I never "understood" ist the fffuuuu one, I mean I get it it but don't get what supposed to be funny about it (So maybe I don't get it, I dunno)..

Haunted

bengraven said:
When you see this, your first response is supposed to be "WHAT A TWEEST!"
watatwist!

I love the Shyamalan pic when used correctly.

ph33nix said:
About 10 people have quoted this one, but not one has actually explained it so far. :lol

Is he rumoured to switch teams, or his contract running out or what?

Rlan

Jay Sosa said:
And the only meme I never "understood" ist the fffuuuu one, I mean I get it it but don't get what supposed to be funny about it (So maybe I don't get it, I dunno)..

People finally have a way to portray their utter frustration with something, and it caught on.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
the son i am disappoint one... he looks like the dad in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs... so i'm going to pretend it's that..

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
layzie1989 said:
This guy?

3990877793_7be2cf6f5f.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The main rule of interpreting internet memes is to not overthink them. None of them had much thought put into them in the first place, especially 4chan memes.

Besides, if somebody was going for a "bail out" pic, there is already a well established library of pictures used for that purpose.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Lazy Jones said:
I don't get the "FFFFFFUUUUUU" thing, what is it supposed to mean?
Bisnic said:
It's just a very long ffffuuuucccckkkk but there isn't enough space in those small panels for it.
Might want to browse the thread a bit more.

Lazy Jones said:
I don't get the "FFFFFFUUUUUU" thing, what is it supposed to mean?

It's really not hard to understand and people probably say it every day!

Stub my toe on the door - FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Wake up for work only to realise it's my day off - FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Wake up on my day off realising its not - FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think of it as a reference of complete frustration or of disbelief/mindblown.

Az

I pretty much get all the memes except the Garfield one that gets used in photoshop threads. I think it's the Garfield go back to bed one.

TheAzRim said:
I pretty much get all the memes except the Garfield one that gets used in photoshop threads. I think it's the Garfield go back to bed one.
There is nothing to "get". The original just looks hilarious and the photoshops remind you of it.

wipz7b.png

That's the "original" comic. The cat is a real cat taken from a series of photos, which are funny on their own.

Here they are:
8x97va.jpg

Freshmaker said:
The Orson Wells clapping gif. For the longest time, I thought it was Higgins from Magnum PI. Took away any gravitas the gif might've had.

So you're saying that a gif being from the greatest movie ever means it has less gravitas than Magnum PI?

Stop the world. I want to get off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
McBacon said:
its a fleshlight. The picture is of Yaddle, a female version of yoda.

Someone's been fuckin' it.

Wasn't that Antony Gallegos? I remember him mentioning on Rebel FM that his dad found that pic and wanted to know what his name was associated with it :lol

Jangaroo

Skiptastic said:
So you're saying that a gif being from the greatest movie ever means it has less gravitas than Magnum PI?

Stop the world. I want to get off.
He must not have seen Citizen Kane.

One I don't get is a gif of a couple skinny kids, one in a red shirt, dancing around. A Helghast mask (Killzone) was shopped onto the head of the kid in the red shirt.

Also, related to that was a gif with some old guy's face that would turn and his mouth opened wide. Always had some Killzone stuff shopped in.

Medalion said:
Count me in on the M Night Shamylan meme pic... never understood what was the context of the pic or that was even M Night Shamylan.
M. Night Shamylan is a writer and director. He wrote the movies The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Village, Lady in the Water, Unbreakable, The Happening, among others; all of which have some crazy, sometimes ridiculous plot twist in them - it's his trademark.

In The Sixth Sense
you find out near the end that Bruce Willis has been a ghost the entire film
, at the end of The Village
you find out that this old medieval village they're living in is actually a present day group of radicals trying to avoid modern day society
, in Unbreakable
you find out the cripple guy teaching Bruce Willis that he is a super hero is actually an arch villain who's killed hundreds of people in his search for him
, etc...

The meme of posting his picture is either because there's some weird twist in the OP's "plot" or someone else posts a "funny" twist that may accompany the story in the OP and then puts the picture below it.

Jangaroo

Mystic Theurge said:
Speaking of memes does anyone else pronounce it meh-meh?
Only you.
Bet you thought I was going to say yeah huh? Well TOO BAD.

wRATH2x

Banned
McBacon said:
its a fleshlight. The picture is of Yaddle, a female version of yoda.

Someone's been fuckin' it.
OK, Yaddle is probably the worst thing to ever come out of George Lucas's mind, which is saying a lot. But why is this funny?

I think I just don't get it.

Wrath2X said:
OK, Yaddle is probably the worst thing to ever come out of George Lucas's mind, which is saying a lot. But why is this funny?

I think I just don't get it.

It must feel good, being so pure of mind.

Whats the dealio with people putting random objects up to their ear like they're making a phone call?

I don't get that one.

Stitch

Gold Member
:Motorbass said:
There is nothing to "get". The original just looks hilarious and the photoshops remind you of it.

wipz7b.png
i like this one :lol
se3hfp.jpg

the deer thread was soooo good :D

b5h8vo.jpg

ilgd44.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom