• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega opens Mysterious Site...! | UPDATE: For... Chaos Online (Korean mmo)(post #170)

AniHawk

Anything else? I actually think it's one of those two. For some reason, a Skies related something suddenly seems plausible
on the 3DS

it's probably not skies, but the 3ds would be the only place for it to go since the sequel has been started up and canceled twice. you could get away with a dreamcasty-looking game on the machine and not many people would question it (see dqvii r)

Gambit

it's probably not skies, but the 3ds would be the only place for it to go since the sequel has been started up and canceled twice. you could get away with a dreamcasty-looking game on the machine and not many people would question it (see dqvii r)

It was cancelled twice? I've heard about a cancellation before, but didn't know they started development anew, only to cancel it again. Do you know the timeline of these cancellations? Just trying to decipher Sega's strange decisions.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's clearly a bigger scale version of spiral knights.

This would actually please me. If Spiral Knight could get rid of the pay to play bullshit, I think its a really fun dungeon crawler. Im kind of surprised the PC version of Sonic Racing didnt have a knight as a racer.

remz

There's a couple characters in those screens. With what looks like a mage in the fire one and a samurai in the second screenshot... so it's definitely some kind of sword and sorcery game

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Sega do this? :( The art screams a potential Skies/Panzer. My heart can't take too much more of this stuff.

Cha

There's a person carrying a staff with a glowing blue orb at the bottom of the last pic. That's the only thing that stands out for me. Could be anything really (besides a new Sonic game).

Kokonoe

Banned
DON'T DO THIS MAN

image01.jpg

image03.jpg

So, Maya, Elves, antic greece ?

Kingdom Valley
Crisis City/Flame Core

Sonic 2006-2 is finally here.

AniHawk

It was cancelled twice? I've heard about a cancellation before, but didn't know they started development anew, only to cancel it again. Do you know the timeline of these cancellations? Just trying to decipher Sega's strange decisions.

supposedly it was being developed for the ps2 and gamecube when legends was in development (for the ps2 and gamecube). sega found the ps2 too difficult to develop for, and canned the legends game for the system, and were too afraid to move forward with the franchise with just the gamecube (it probably would have done fine).

that decision was probably made in 2002. then, in 2006, planning supposedly started up again, except this time for the wii. it would have been after rieko kodama finished the altered beast ps2 game and brain age ripoff, and before the rest of the team started on valkyria chronicles. then the rest of the team started on valkyria chronicles.

the years are just guesswork based on the development timelines and when we actually heard of the skies sequel in both cases (2007 for the wii version).

Gambit

supposedly it was being developed for the ps2 and gamecube when legends was in development (for the ps2 and gamecube). sega found the ps2 too difficult to develop for, and canned the legends game for the system, and were too afraid to move forward with the franchise with just the gamecube (it probably would have done fine).

that decision was probably made in 2002. then, in 2006, planning supposedly started up again, except this time for the wii. it would have been after rieko kodama finished the altered beast ps2 game and brain age ripoff, and before the rest of the team started on valkyria chronicles. then the rest of the team started on valkyria chronicles.

the years are just guesswork based on the development timelines and when we actually heard of the skies sequel in both cases (2007 for the wii version).

Thank you. That's very interesting. I knew of the potential wii-version, but not that it started once before, right around the time of Legends.

It's a damn shame they didn't go through with it.

At least something interesting came out of this disappointing thread.

Tizoc

She looks cute~

Fuck you SEGA. Fuck you.

C'mon man SEGA never told you to get hype or excited over that 'mysterious' site, you brought this on yourslef.
Besides when they announce Skies of Arcadia for every console out there
(except Vita)
, you'll be kissing and loving them and want them to take all your money.

Shahadan

It blew my mind back in the day. They cancelled the ps2 version ,at a time where everyone was buying every shitty rpg out there, and on a larger installed base to boot.
Instead it was Gc only and bombed iirc.

And now we're still waiting for a possible HD version that may never come to existence, because reasons.

My DC doesn't work anymore and Legends is dirt expensive. I can't believe a game like this one, a beloved and relatively well know RPG, is very hard to play nowadays.

Top Bottom