• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's with this new trend of buttoning the top button on shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruchan

cholo style...
dapperdean.png

seanoff

hate to rain on the parade here.

but extremely common in the 80s to have your top button done up. welcome to the past

Foolworm

I used to do this - I figured they put the button there for a reason, and my mum always told me to do up all my buttons on a shirt.

Then I realised that it didn't really matter - in fact, it was the social norm to leave the top button undone. I don't feel like I'm being strangled by the shirt, but it is annoying to have people comment on it.

SystemBug

I used to do something similar to this.

Would button up the first few but leave the rest unbuttoned. James Franco - Freaks and Geeks style.

if it wasn't perceived as some smug hipster thing, i'd always button all the way up, because i genuinely like how it feels. i guess i like to be choked or something.

fucking hipsters ruining everything. i already have to be self-conscious about my beard which i've had for like a decade straight. i can't wait for beards to go out of fashion again, so i can avoid all the "look at that hipster beard.." stares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom