• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X: Reptile Trailer

TheShocker

I'll buy this game and have a blast being horrible at it. I am not a fan of fighters per se, but I've alway enjoyed the MK series.

eshwaaz

As with MK9, I'll be buying this strictly for the single player content. The amount of effort Netherrealms put into the story mode and single player was amazing, especially for a fighter. I really hope MKX lives up.

Kiru

Best Part in gif-form:

mortalkombatxreptile9hegs.gif

Best Part in gif-form:

mortalkombatxreptile9hegs.gif

These x-ray moves are so crazy. I love it.

He gouges the guy's eyes out and that's not even a fatality :D. Broken/fractured bones are one thing, but things like that are hilarious (that the opponent can still continue fighting).

GrayFoxPL

He looks better then in MK9. But his fighting style and movement looks kinda slower, he should be super fast. Maybe in his other styles he is.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Santar

Urrghhh, that voice acting was incredibly bad. I wonder why Netherrealm can't seem to get that part right. MK 9 had the same problem, some of the voice acting was just extremely bad.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Not bad, much better than his MK9 lizard look. Now give me Human Reptile ninja outfit and we're good.

Not liking that outfit, although there's potential for Human reptile as 25 years into the future Reptile, right? D:

I wonder what the variation was called for Reptile. I need more forceballs.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I haven't watched any of these for a while, Reptile being a favorite since MK2 I had to click... So brutal. The violence is ridiculous, I don't know if is hilarious or sad.

Reptile being in makes me so happy, I was afraid with all of the classic characters being shortened that he may be cut, but he is my favorite and as classic as Sub Zero and Scorpion. I will also pay up to 5 bucks for his classic ninja costume.

fernoca

I think the exchanges sound off, because the actors had to read the (many) lines by separate, then mixed in the game. So the actual interaction is not there. Unlike regular dialogs which probably were also recorded by separate, but were part of a cohesive story, rather than some random lines.

Some are funny like Cassie vs. Kotal Kahn, still sound off...
"Nice mini skirt!"
"A joke at my expense?"
"Nah, its yours for free!"

Still get the job done.

Miles X

I think the exchanges sound off, because the actors had to read the (many) lines by separate, then mixed in the game. So the actual interaction is not there. Unlike regular dialogs which probably were also recorded by separate, but were part of a cohesive story, rather than some random lines.

Some are funny like Cassie vs. Kotal Kahn, still sound off...
"Nice mini skirt!"
"A joke at my expense?"
"Nah, its yours for free!"

Still get the job done.

I thought I read each match up has a unique opening dialog for each character? Not sure how that works against mirror matches.

Kyzon

Here's hoping reptile has some crazy inventive fatality like his second one in MK9 where he slices open his opponent's stomach and places a force ball inside.

Top Bottom