• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Import Thread

Goli

Hey guys I bought the Chinese/Korean game from the HK PSN Store. I have both XIII and XIII-2 save files in my PS3 but the game didn't give me the outfits (I guess it shuold give me the outfits after I select "New Game").

Did this happen to you too? By the way anyone knows if EU and JPN save files are interchangeable? For example will I be able to start a New Game + when the game comes out in Europe using my current save file? Will I get the XIII and XIII-2 outfits when pressing New Game +?

Thanks a lot in advance
Save files from other regions do work for the outfits, but you don't get them after selecting New Game, you have to go into the Rewards Barter Shop in the menu and claim them. I don't remember which option in the menu it is exactly but it's around the bottom.

How are you guys taking ordinary, non-Twitter/Facebook-related screenshots?

I have no desire to put this game on my social media, so I think I skipped over the explanation. I wouldn't mind taking regular shots and putting those on imgur or the like, though.
I'm linking them from Twitter, since I don't think you can take screenshots without uploading to some SNS, sadly.
Some shots I took of the Dead Dunes:
BaL59TICYAAsk5X.jpg

BaLnvKYCAAAIjFv.jpg

BaLm-v5CMAESxTR.jpg

BaLhJ3aCMAAw2qy.jpg

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I get to the ark I open every treasure so I don't think I missed them.

Tomorrow I'll start a new game and check but I doubt I'll find something.

It's not a treasure chest. It's the second last option in the menu. That's where you get the extra outfits. You have to 'buy' them at 0 gil.

TheTux

It's not a treasure chest. It's the second last option in the menu. That's where you get the extra outfits. You have to 'buy' them at 0 gil.

Save files from other regions do work for the outfits, but you don't get them after selecting New Game, you have to go into the Rewards Barter Shop in the menu and claim them. I don't remember which option in the menu it is exactly but it's around the bottom.

Thanks a lot guys but I didn't understand which menu you're talking about.

Edit 1 hour later: Nevermind I found it :). Thanks a lot guys :).

Does that mean I'll be able to start a New Game + using my HK save on my EU version?

Edit 2: Oh and when I'll get the preordered EU version will I be able to get Cloud's outfit from such menu?

Diablos54

All I know is, I'm on day 10... exhausted the majority of side quests and am bored out of my mind with this game already. They really did not pace this out very well at all.
Hmm, well not happy to hear that... Can you complete the majoirty of the sidequests before the main quests or do you have to complete the main quests to unlock some of the sidequests?

TheTux

Hmm, well not happy to hear that... Can you complete the majoirty of the sidequests before the main quests or do you have to complete the main quests to unlock some of the sidequests?

You can complete a lot of side quests without completing main quests but some side quests can be completed only after certain main quests (e.g.
after healing the chocobo
).

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So they basically designed a short number of main missions and started throwing sidequests to fill the world with things to do?

She took 30 hrs more or less to finish the main story with a bunch of sidequests done. Don't think this is a 6hrs game like someone is trying to let you think. It's longer than XIII-2 that was long enough already for what I care.

That said, Toriyama is part of the committee to preserve the series' future so you're going to hear about him in the next years, definitely.

Damn you, final boss of 3rd Main Quest.
It was hard D: I beat it with no GP left nor Potions after 4 tries, and only one more hit would've killed me (<100hp). Luckily, it didn't move for 10+seconds allowing me to pummel it and destroy it. But man that was not easy...

Goli

I've reached a point in the game where I don't want to skip days ahead, but I also want it to end already and play in hard mode to see what it's like. :l

She took 30 hrs more or less to finish the main story with a bunch of sidequests done. Don't think this is a 6hrs game like someone is trying to let you think. It's longer than XIII-2 that was long enough already for what I care.

That said, Toriyama is part of the committee to preserve the series' future so you're going to hear about him in the next years, definitely.

But Kagari basically confirmed my statement... :/

I just hope they invited Toriyama for courtesy and then they put him in the corner watching a Lightning poster in the wall, while the other members actually work on improving FF.

RangerBAD

But Kagari basically confirmed my statement... :/

I just hope they invited Toriyama for courtesy and then they put him in the corner watching a Lightning poster in the wall, while the other members actually work on improving FF.

I think it's the equivalent of a cop or soldier being put at a desk job. Never really active, just a paper pusher.

The whole committee thing is just a reactionary measure to make people think that they're going to ensure the quality of the FF brand. They'll probably meet often at first, but then it'll drop off to once a year.

Goli

So you're basically in the same situation I'm in.

Yup. I'm actually thinking of skipping but the thought of not doing quests and thus losing stat increases holds me back.
Currently I'm still on the 7th day with 6 left till the end, the Yggdrassil blossomed so I'm not sure if the 14th day will come after at some point when I do more quests or if it'll unlock in the last day? My stats are:
Maximum HP + 4670
Physical strength + 526
Magical strength + 528
Max ATB + 40
Max GP +3
Max item slots + 4.
Wonder if that's good enough to take on the secret dungeon. I still can't beat the Aeronite, so I guess not.

TheTux

Yup. I'm actually thinking of skipping but the thought of not doing quests and thus losing stat increases holds me back.
Currently I'm still on the 7th day with 6 left till the end, the Yggdrassil blossomed so I'm not sure if the 14th day will come after at some point when I do more quests or if it'll unlock in the last day? My stats are:
Maximum HP + 4670
Physical strength + 526
Magical strength + 528
Max ATB + 40
Max GP +3
Max item slots + 4.
Wonder if that's good enough to take on the secret dungeon. I still can't beat the Aeronite, so I guess not.

My Yggdrassil blossomed too. I wonder what that means lol.

it means the world can live a day longer, but what I meant was that the flower actually blossomed, as well as the leaves.

I think it might mean that there is a certainty to the world living to the end day. For me I was able to skip two days after 11th day after seeing blossoming and world didn't blow up. One day I don't think I even did a single quest or got any energy to charge the tree, but it was charged anyway.

Also, I think you can only spend a day in the bonus dungeon and the chronostatis ability didn't seem to work while inside. Best do do that when you can (13th day iirc) and nothing else for that day because there won't be a second chance.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone know which quests open the gates that connect the regions? I somehow opened the ones from Dead Dunes to Yusnaan but I don't remember how I did it lol.

Toth

I think it might mean that there is a certainty to the world living to the end day. For me I was able to skip two days after 11th day after seeing blossoming and world didn't blow up. One day I don't think I even did a single quest or got any energy to charge the tree, but it was charged anyway.

Also, I think you can only spend a day in the bonus dungeon and the chronostatis ability didn't seem to work while inside. Best do do that when you can (13th day iirc) and nothing else for that day because there won't be a second chance.

Yeah apparently you have to do the boss run without having the ability to stop time and it can only be done on the last day. Sounds hard but doable.

Is everyone still on easy mode btw? I was wondering if it is harder to complete all the side quests and the main storyline without the Chrono spam seen in earlier streams.

Goli

Anyone know which quests open the gates that connect the regions? I somehow opened the ones from Dead Dunes to Yusnaan but I don't remember how I did it lol.
I read on a JP wiki you open them via Canvas of Prayers quests. Still not on day 9 so I can't open them yet.

Yeah apparently you have to do the boss run without having the ability to stop time and it can only be done on the last day. Sounds hard but doable.

Is everyone still on easy mode btw? I was wondering if it is harder to complete all the side quests and the main storyline without the Chrono spam seen in earlier streams.

I think most people, myself included, are on normal. Playing on normal I've been able to complete a lot of side quests (47 side quests and 5X CoP ones). Even with the higher GP costs it's still relatively easy to get it if you fight strong enemies.
Also I finally defeated the Behemoth last one, yay!
BaRCg6qCQAE8dpm.jpg

RpgN

So without spoiling the story, does it feel satisfying with the way it ends? As in, does it conclude the ending for all the characters? And they said Lightning would show more personality in this game, is this true?

Goli

How many of a particular mob do you have to kill before the last one will appear?

I don't think there's a clear number, it seems to vary with each kind. For example, you have to kill a lot more mini flans to make them extinct than you have to do so for behemoths.

For those who have the soundtrack (OST), does it bother anyone else all the songs are played twice (e.g. a song is 13 mins long, though really only ~6 mins)? That's what I hated about Uematsu's soundtracks, and Hamauzu has never done this before with this soundtracks (as far as I know). Dirge of Cerebus, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2 soundtracks (all mainly composed by Hamauzu) played the songs once, as they should. Anyone know what made him change for LR's soundtrack?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If that is supposed to be Tidus's Sword it makes the fake one GILGAMESH had look authentic. Because it looks like someone went to Michael's and made one from a Arts and Crafts Workshop.

Sorry.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Comparisons between original and GILGY'S. I think we need to see more of the blade but to me Lightning's looks really fake.

FFX_Weapon_-_Brotherhood.png

Brotherhood-ffxii.png

Midou

How early can you get the pumpkin mask? I think maybe with the mask + muting voices, and pretending she is some sort of pumpkin creature I may be able to play it.

Midou

It's funny cause at first it's like 'Yeah I guess FFXIII is pretty shit, but at least old FFs are still good' and Toryiama is all like "ohoho, my plan was to completely ruin the franchise, time to retrospectively ruin past characters by making Lightning dress up as them".

Toth

It's funny cause at first it's like 'Yeah I guess FFXIII is pretty shit, but at least old FFs are still good' and Toryiama is all like "ohoho, my plan was to completely ruin the franchise, time to retrospectively ruin past characters by making Lightning dress up as them".

Tales characters do it all the time lol. I bet X-2 would have done more classic outfits if they didn't have to design 3 models for each.

Top Bottom