• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodriguez was very clasy in the post-game interview. Luis Castillo is getting FUCKED UP tomorrow.
MetsBlog.com said:
I have no idea how to respond.

I’m more or less speechless, stunned, embarrassed and sadly not at all surprised.

I can’t stop shaking my head, and thinking to myself, and asking, ‘No, that didn’t just happen, did it?’

I’m not sure what’s bugging me more: the single loss – or knowing every Yankee fan, and most all of baseball, is laughing at the Mets and their fans right now.

The Mets played so well, and played so hard tonight; yet one play, the final play, one error, makes the whole game a joke.

This will be an interesting test for the Mets, because this could very easily demoralize every one, us, the team, the player, every one.

I hope we can keep our collective chin up, as tough as it may be, because there are still 103 games left to be played.

Update, 11:25 pm:

“I made a mistake, I feel bad, I feel bad,” Luis Castillo said, shaking his head, looking totally distraught, speaking from his locker in a silent clubhouse.

…i respect castillo for taking it like a man, standing there, taking questions, facing the music, all while looking like he wants to kill himself… shake it off, luis… there’s a lot of baseball left…
I respect Luis SLIGHTLY for manning up. But he still can't play tomorrow. He just can't.

eznark said:
Yeah, no Christians in Latin America...
They're clearly outnumbered I say!
clemenx said:
Fuck him, he's still getting paid, he deserves no symphaty.
I just saw in and seriously, he looks suicidal. I mean he's not an upbeat guy to begin with, very businesslike and almost dour if you don't see him everyday. He really looks down...

...but he can't play tomorrow. Maybe Sunday also.

clemenx

Banned
The Frankman said:
I just saw in and seriously, he looks suicidal. I mean he's not an upbeat guy to begin with, very businesslike and almost dour if you don't see him everyday. He really looks down...

...but he can't play tomorrow. Maybe Sunday also.
I have to see that interview, on the board that i'm the tone of the posts changed right after it, i'm guessing he was ready to slit his wrists.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2hz34tf.jpg

13zbpjo.jpg

21ot10k.jpg

I love that he threw to 2nd. :lol

LJ11

I definitely feel bad for Castillo, how the fuck do you go to bed tonight, get up and go to the park the next day?

But then I think about this...

knowing every Yankee fan, and most all of baseball, is laughing at the Mets and their fans right now.

Still want him off the team, but I do feel bad for him.

Edit: Castillo looks depressed even when he's going good.

Fatalah

My second favorite moment of tonight's Yankees game was the postgame. After fielding several questions about the Castillo-dropped-ball, Girardi points to a Japanese reporter.

With a heavy Japanese accent, the reporter speaks,"Ju know...today is Hideki's birthday....and he... he hit a homerun!"

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
well at least the phils lost

still over 100 games to play...

maybe this will toughen them up :lol

in all honesty.... these horrible losses.. all these injuries.. they are all leading up to something.. i think we will all be talking about how the mets have overcome all these obstacles and still able to win the world series

LJ11

Fatalah said:
My second favorite moment of tonight's Yankees game was the postgame. After fielding several questions about the Castillo-dropped-ball, Girardi points to a Japanese reporter.

With a heavy Japanese accent, the reporter speaks,"Ju know...today is Hideki's birthday....and he... he hit a homerun!"

Did anyone ask him who's worse at managing a bullpen, him or Manuel?

Schattenjagger said:
in all honesty.... these horrible losses.. all these injuries.. they are all leading up to something.. i think we will all be talking about how the mets have overcome all these obstacles and still able to win the world series

They're leading up to more disappointment. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, it does.

Raw64life

I'm not watching another Met game until they're in first place, and since I'm fairly confident they'll never be in first place again during the 2009 season, I probably wont watch another game all season long. I'll still visit this thread and check Gameday every now and then, but I'm not going to actually turn the game on and devote any kind of meaningful attention to it. It's really just a waste of my time at this point.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Dan Haren should have way more than 5 wins this year. Dude is sick. Nice to see the Dback bats actually back him up!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Schattenjagger said:
The Mets aren't John Cena.

Wickerman

Raw64life said:
I'm not watching another Met game until they're in first place, and since I'm fairly confident they'll never be in first place again during the 2009 season, I probably wont watch another game all season long. I'll still visit this thread and check Gameday every now and then, but I'm not going to actually turn the game on and devote any kind of meaningful attention to it. It's really just a waste of my time at this point.

I'm going to watch the games but I'll watch them with the same indifference that I had during the 2002-2005 seasons. The Wilpons will not see a dime of money until that dolt in the front office is fired.

I would suggest that the rest of Mets-GAF do the same. Empty seats at Citi will certainly send a message to the owners that the fan base will not stand for this shit any longer.

Jon

Zep said:
SNY version

Enjoy. Nice celebration Frankie! oops.

I was hoping Hernandez would have another elongated groan like when Werth made that catch the other night.

For the first time in a long time, I honestly feel bad for Met fans. Even though I am a Phils fan, I am a human being.

Zep

Banned
Jon said:
I was hoping Hernandez would have another elongated groan like when Werth made that catch the other night.

For the first time in a long time, I honestly feel bad for Met fans. Even though I am a Phils fan, I am a human being.

I feel for LJ and Cajole a bit...They put up with a lot from these assholes. Imma still rub it in..but they know its love!*

*in the meanest way possible. :)

ToxicAdam

Milton Bradley needs to buy Luis Castillo a case of his favorite drink. MB was poised to be the ESPN poster child all morning long tomorrow, but the Castillo drop just trumped it.

Jon

Mets-GAF in general seems like a good bunch, but I haven't been here nearly as long as any of you, so give me enough time and I'll grow to hate.

eznark

Banned
I like you too Frankman, but come September I expect you to be as strange as you were last September. This time it's going to be the Reds that knock you guys out of the playoffs though. But I also liked pollo which apparently puts me in the minority.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
eznark said:
I like you too Frankman, but come September I expect you to be as strange as you were last September. This time it's going to be the Reds that knock you guys out of the playoffs though. But I also liked pollo which apparently puts me in the minority.
Hey, I liked pollo. He was an asshole, but the good kind.

xelv

Wow as sox fan I really feel bad for Mets fans. Don't worry guys, one day it'll all work out and you'll destroy the Yankees.

jman2050

Frankman is a cool dude in all seriousness, but I can't in good conscience ever let him live down The Bet. Thus the heckling.

Though his meltdown today was magnificent. Far more entertaining than the game itself, which was a massive shitshow. I've never felt more bad for a Yankees win.

eznark said:
Wait what? This makes no sense. I didn't disappear, I posted all month.
fnatic09 (22 minutes ago) Hi GAF

Frankman needs to stop defending Minaya.

joeycap9999999 (5 minutes ago) Who the fuck is GAF?
Who the hell is this?

LJ11

Someone needs to put all the lowlights of '09 into a single movie, and use the Benny Hill theme. One clip is not enough.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:

Who the hell is this?
I didn't say you disappeared, I said you got weird. Isn't September when MLBGaf turned into anime and FFVII nonsense for days on end?

The Frankman said:

Who the hell is this?

Emergency meeting of Mets-GAF. RIGHT NOW.

Ok, don't steal my thing Frankman, thats my thing that i say! i invented that "emergency meeting of the council" bit.

second of all.. :lol :lol :lol :lol

third, hey A-rod, nice going swinging on a 3-1 pitch, was Kate telling you to hurry up or something? chump.

fourth, I guess Mariano is now just a mere mortal.. :(

fifth, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

sixth, Girardi is still a retard. and we don't have a bullpen to speak of.... WFAN has calmed down a bit, are you gonna call frank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom