• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Don't think that has been posted here yet. Check out WWE-wrestler Cody Rhodes' (left) tribute to his favorite videogame-series. Apparantly he's been doing this over a year now, funny that I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

rassler_02.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
iamcool388 said:
I still dont see anything above anything. It might be a guy on the ground with his butt raised, but man, at that point i'm really stretching it. :lol
Are you stretching his butt? :O

nelkon and parker said:
Then spoiler tag it?
BrandNew was correct: there's a small triforce hidden in the pic, above the word "anything" in my post.

K' Dash

Suburban Cowboy said:
Say Duck Hunt 3 times fast

I love Du ckHunt

(neutral) Suburban Cowboy
Living proof that posting on NeoGAF requires no skill.

Billy, one of the characters of F-Zero GX has an unusual printing in his belt: Aiai from Super Monkey Ball, hard to see in game (for obvious reasons), but you can see it in official artwork.

2hdbp52.jpg

HUELEN10

K' Dash said:
(neutral) Suburban Cowboy
Living proof that posting on NeoGAF requires no skill.

Billy, one of the characters of F-Zero GX has an unusual printing in his belt: Aiai from Super Monkey Ball, hard to see in game (for obvious reasons), but you can see it in official artwork.

2hdbp52.jpg
Damn, that is pretty sweet of a find!

Now here are some things that come to mind......

1. Billy is a Ninty character. Why put the Sega's SMB printing on him, regardless of them working on it?

2. Were similar things done to other characters?

3. Why were you looking at monkey boy's crotch?

K' Dash

HUELEN10 said:
Damn, that is pretty sweet of a find!

Now here are some things that come to mind......

1. Billy is a Ninty character. Why put the Sega's SMB printing on him, regardless of them working on it?

2. Were similar things done to other characters?

3. Why were you looking at monkey boy's crotch?

Both Super Monkey Ball and F-Zero GX were developed by Sega's Amusement Vision studio, the Franchise is Nintendo's property.

HUELEN10

K' Dash said:
Both Super Monkey Ball and F-Zero GX were developed by Sega's Amusement Vision studio, the Franchise is Nintendo's property.
I know that. My question is why? Billy debuted in X. Why not save such a cameo for a newcomer instead?

I was watching the new Speed Racer movie the other day when I noticed something interesting. Did the Mirror's Edge devs catch a little inspiration while watching Speed Racer?

Environment Color Scheme?

speedracerpurple.jpg

speedracerMEpurple.jpg

speedraceryellow.jpg

MirrorsEdge-02-625.jpg

SpeedRacerOrange.jpg

artist-in-residence-mirrors-edge-20081113010750479.jpg

Faith's Overall Look?
Face:
mirrors-edge-20080820034709988_640w.jpg
speedracerfaithface.jpg

Body:
mirrors-edge-20080820034727863_640w.jpg

speedracerfaithstand.jpg

Don't forget that Mirror's Edge had a guy as a protagonist early on in development, before Faith was created. There's even a part in Speed Racer where Christini Ricci picks up a handgun with an acrobatic move, kind of how Faith might do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9KmzoBMP6U (around 2:22)

Anyway, I'm a fan of both properties and I think its cool to see stuff like this, what do you think?

Cheerilee

Diablohead said:
Her left arm,
Imagine a lady spread legged
Nope, you're still missing it. Here's a cropped version (linked, just to be on the safe side, even though it's plainly just an elbow.

http://i43.tinypic.com/k18gzl.jpg

Now picture a woman, bending over (to the left), raising her butt into the air, showing naked cameltoe from behind...

...that is what the above pic is NOT. It is just an elbow. A fictional female character's elbow. Nothing more. Drawn by an official Capcom artist, most likely with a background in hentai, although that has nothing to do with anything.

Shoogoo

K' Dash said:

2hdbp52.jpg

Another one from F-Zero.

250px-019.jpg

Mr. EAD. Look at his belt. His face looks like Mario and EAD means Entertainment Analysis & Development. The same department that makes almost every Nintendo games. The creator of his ship "The Great Star" is Shiggs Mapone, they didn't even try to hide the reference to Shigeru Miyamoto.

He is also present in the ultimate ending in F-Zero X. To see this ending, you need the 64DD and the Disk Drive Expansion and then win every cup in master mode with all 30 vehicles (thus 180 championships in the highest difficulty). After that, the regular ending on Joker Cup and DD2 Cup isn't the usual one. It isn't shown on the video but you can zoom, move and turn Mr. EAD with the pad. It's been discovered in 2006, 8 years after the release.

Haunted

Shoogoo said:
He is also present in the ultimate ending in F-Zero X. To see this ending, you need the 64DD and the Disk Drive Expansion and then win every cup in master mode with all 30 vehicles (thus 180 championships in the highest difficulty). After that, the regular ending on Joker Cup and DD2 Cup isn't the usual one. It isn't shown on the video but you can zoom, move and turn Mr. EAD with the pad. It's been discovered in 2006, 8 years after the release.
oh wow!

Zapages

I know its not really videogame related but still. It is amazing fact to share...

I was blown away when I heard Geico means: Government Employee's Insurance Company...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I discovered this back in middle school and none of my friends were impressed. I'm hoping you guys like it more than they did.

The first level of StarFox (SNES) matches up perfectly with Dire Strait's Money for Nothing.

The synch-up to the intros of both the song and the first level are uncanny.

Tntnnbltn

E-Mercenary said:
I was watching the new Speed Racer movie the other day when I noticed something interesting. Did the Mirror's Edge devs catch a little inspiration while watching Speed Racer?
First Mirror's Edge trailer was released at PlayStation Day, May 6 2008.

Speed Racer was released May 9, 2008.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to imagine that there's a single rogue artist somewhere within Capcom secretly sneaking in as much vagina into their games as he possibly can.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

rezuth

E-Mercenary said:

Don't forget that Mirror's Edge had a guy as a protagonist early on in development, before Faith was created. There's even a part in Speed Racer where Christini Ricci picks up a handgun with an acrobatic move, kind of how Faith might do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9KmzoBMP6U (around 2:22)

Anyway, I'm a fan of both properties and I think its cool to see stuff like this, what do you think?
Where did you read that? Also Mirrors Edge development started early 2007 so I highly doubt it was inspired by that movie.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Shoogoo said:

Now that's just crazy.

LakeEarth

Jive Turkey said:
That StarFox video starts too late. It needs to start in the tunnel. The three guitar slides at the beginning match up with the Arwings hitting the throttle and the main guitar solo begins as Fox's ship leaves the base (where that video begins).

EDIT: Oh shit! I jsut noticed the video is cued up a little farther. Yeah it synchs. :)
I kinda see what you're getting at. Hard when the videos aren't synced.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:
I kinda see what you're getting at. Hard when the videos aren't synced.
Yeah...I discovered it by playing the game and listening to the song. You really have to know when to start them. I wish I had the right equipment...I'd do it myself.

eXistor

I found one in Little King's Story (though it's incredibly obvious). Whenever you get a Congratulations screen, the intro to the classic Super Mario tune is heard. Also I think I might have heard a 1-up sound in there.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

Burai

shitonmychest57
Kulock said:
Correct. For all the people bitching about "could care less," I'm surprised "E3 Expo" hasn't gotten a little more mocking. :D

E3 is an abbreviation, so E3 expo is correct. It's not renaming the event, it's just describing what E3 is. Electronic Entertainment Expo expo would be wrong. E3 expo is not.

Also, PIN number isn't wrong either for the exact same reason. Ask someone to enter their PI number and they'll either look at you like you're some sort of dick or try to type 3.14159265 into the keypad.

eXistor

Burai said:
Also, PIN number isn't wrong either for the exact same reason. Ask someone to enter their PI number and they'll either look at you like you're some sort of dick or try to type 3.14159265 into the keypad.
But wouldn't you just ask for their "PIN", not "PI Number"? "Enter your PIN please" sounds perfectly normal to me.

hirokazu

Shoogoo said:
Another one from F-Zero.

250px-019.jpg

Mr. EAD. Look at his belt. His face looks like Mario and EAD means Entertainment and Amusement Department. The same department that makes almost every Nintendo games. The creator of his ship "The Great Star" is Shiggs Mapone, they didn't even try to hide the reference to Shigeru Miyamoto.
Everything associated with him is a very obvious reference to EAD, Miyamoto, and Mario. But EAD stands for Entertainment Analysis & Development ;)

Shoogoo

hirokazu said:
Everything associated with him is a very obvious reference to EAD, Miyamoto, and Mario. But EAD stands for Entertainment Analysis & Development ;)

Edited, thanks. I couldn't remember what it meant so I checked the french Wikipedia. Bad move I guess.

OnPoint

Burai said:
E3 is an abbreviation, so E3 expo is correct. It's not renaming the event, it's just describing what E3 is. Electronic Entertainment Expo expo would be wrong. E3 expo is not.

Just say "pin." Same reason saying "ATM machine" sounds retarded. Maybe it's technically "correct" but you still sound like a jackass when saying it.

Not everyone seems to know this (somehow) but the two holes in Cloud/Zack's Buster Sword are the materia slots.

29o0lkn.jpg

I don't remember if you actually get to *see* your materia in there in the game, though. Someone load up a battle with some Materia in there and see if it shows up :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That guys neck is very long. He has a polo neck and yet we can see his neck as if he were wearing a standard jumper.

Wow, this thread is immortal. I just scanned back through and read some pages I'd missed. It blew my mind several times, but the most mind-blowing thing was how many people didn't know about the Biggoron Sword. I'm still trying to decide if they're joking. How could anyone literate not notice that? Wanna hear something else shocking? The word "hummingbird" has the word "bird" in it! And it's called that because it makes a humming sound! OMG!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think its pretty rude to say that people have to see something like that or else they arent "literate". It is a matter of perception and if you are on a wrong track from begin with there is a high chance that you will never see the mistake on your own. Which is also why people see the FedEx Logo every day and still dont see the arrow for themselves if they havent seen it to begin with. Your brain stops thinking about that and its the way your brain thinks it is. Why would you start thinking about that if its already kind of "processed". So most people only get to see their mistakes if others tell them. I for example read the "Biggoron" never as two words. I always read it as "Bigg-oron". There you go.

Haunted

Toma said:
I think its pretty rude to say that people have to see something like that or else they arent "literate". It is a matter of perception and if you are on a wrong track from begin with there is a high chance that you will never see the mistake on your own. Which is also why people see the FedEx Logo every day and still dont see the arrow for themselves if they havent seen it to begin with. Your brain stops thinking about that and its the way your brain thinks it is. Why would you start thinking about that if its already kind of "processed". So most people only get to see their mistakes if others tell them. I for example read the "Biggoron" never as two words. I always read it as "Bigg-oron". There you go.
Plus there's the matter of different languages - and since I've always played the Zelda games in German, I probably didn't make the immediate connection that big and goron are supposed to be two words.

big goron = großer Gorone

Top Bottom