• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
sionyboy said:
Royal Rumble 2009, quickest elimination ever apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_2009
Ah ok, thanks! :) Hehe ye, that guy got eliminated out of the ring pretty fast indeed, like 1 second or so :) That wrestling .gif file reminded me of some wrestling (WWF i think) that i watched when i was younger where there were like 30 (or maybe it was even 100, unfortunately i dont remember), so i just had to ask where this wrestling .gif were from :) Thanks again for the info! :)

--------------------

EDIT: Maybe this is old, but Play.com has LBP for £17.99 including shipping if anyone should be interested.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/3433970/LittleBigPlanet/Product.html

I already have the american version of LBP, but i bought an european copy as well (mostly for collection purposes) when it was only £17.99 including shipping :) I got my copy in the mail yesterday (took about 1 week or so from the UK to Scandinavia) :)

EDIT 2: Maybe this is old as well, but Play.com has Tomb Raider: Underworld (both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version) for £17.99 including shipping.

Tomb Raider: Underworld (Playstation 3 version)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (Xbox 360 version)

I ordered a copy of the PS3 version some days ago myself :)

Keyser Soze said:
ShopTo are awkward with codes. You have to go down to the grey information tab (bottom left) and go to redeem offer code. You will then be credited with the £1 in you account.
Ok this is weird. For some reason I already had £1 in my account balance, when I put that code in it disappeared. Oh well.

edit
Now it's back again. Ok then.

Danj said:
GAME is currently doing a bundle which seems to consist of an X360 60GB fixed hardware bundle with Gears 1 & 2, plus Halo 3, for £190:

339326ps_500h.jpg

It seems to be in-store only as the web site listing is always out of stock. I noticed on the in-store display boxes fine print that it's a limited time offer, anyone know how long it runs for? That is, do I need to buy one now or will it still be around when next month's payday arrives?

We change the packages every Thursday. The GoW1 & 2 with the 60GB XBOX is always 189.99, but it all depends what we change the rest to. When I got it I got a free controller. But then they did it with a free controller AND Far Cry 2, but now it is just Halo 3 it might be worthwhile waiting

jts

...hate me...
Gamestation online doesn't share stock with the physical stores and yes they are out of Valkyrias online for as long as I remember. I suppose they won't re-stock either. Very frustrating.

I'm about to ask my GF to ask her sister who lives in Liverpool to get me a copy :|

Dat_Drink_Ik_Op said:
Some cheap games for your steam collection:

Left 4 dead PC (key only) - € 9,-

Orange box (key only) - € 9,-

Quite a few comfirmations these work just fine in the Steam thread.

I can confirm that the Blizzard keys are 100% legit. Downloading Diablo 2 and Starcraft plus expansions for both as we speak and only cost me £8 all in. Can't go wrong at that price.

navanman said:
Is the L4D thing for real? For that price it has to be a scam, right??

The Blizzard keys I received were legit and there's several people in the Steam thread confirming the Valve codes to be working. There is one case of a code not working, so the choice is yours.

Even if it's not a scam, something seems dodgy. Maybe that's my "paid £26.99 only the other day" bitterness saying that though :p

Anyway, not seen this in here:

Saint's Row 2 - PS3 and 360 - £19.99 in-store at GameStation. As is Valkyria Chronicles, which I felt was worth mentioning again :D

number1jagsfan said:
How do the blizzard codes work then, where do you download the games?

Blizzard's online store. Just sign up, enter your code and download. Couldn't be simpler. You'll then have a separate key code in your account to enter into the games, located next to the download link. The codes must be legit otherwise Blizzard wouldn't have recognised them.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Purchased from website and got code straight away.
Key activated as L4D Retail Key and I'm downloading the install package now.

Jenks

Banned
Blockbuster stores are doing upto 50% of some pre-owned games, nothing to fantastic but take a look if you go by one.

cjelly said:
Me too.

Doubt the game will even run, but £10 is a steal.

Blizzard games and Left 4 Dead running 100% fine here. The game just gets added to your Steam account like any other. No doubt, there's an element of uncertainty involved but I've 100% used the service twice now with 100% success.

Steroyd said:
He hasn't got an adequate PC to run the game?

Left 4 Dead is surprisingly very scaleable. Valve always make an effort to optimise their games. You'd be surprised the sort of system you can run Source games on.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm so fucking fed-up with play.com, my Ace Combat 6 is never going to be dispatched is it?
I doubt they'll ever restock the game again, I ordered it the first day it has been reduced @€13.99 and yet people ordering it later still received a copy.
Bummer, I loved the demo. :(

RJT

brain_stew said:
Left 4 Dead is surprisingly very scaleable. Valve always make an effort to optimise their games. You'd be surprised the sort of system you can run Source games on.
Word. My laptop chokes on Defense Grid and Trials 2 but ran the L4D demo smoothly with 480p resolution :D

Still a blast to play!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
CTLance said:
I must admit I'm getting restless too...

seeing the HAWX's flight stick up for preorder made me rush on my order history to see if anything had changed :lol

Be so kind to send me a pm if anything changes about your order, I'll do the same... or if you/me find a equally good deal around in the future, will you? :)

FerranMG

Dash Kappei said:
I'm so fucking fed-up with play.com, my Ace Combat 6 is never going to be dispatched is it?
I doubt they'll ever restock the game again, I ordered it the first day it has been reduced @€13.99 and yet people ordering it later still received a copy.
Bummer, I loved the demo. :(

I'm at the same point here, waiting the damn game to be dispatched since forever. :(

Post it here if you ever get it dispatched.

CTLance

Ace Combat 6 support goup, assemble! :)

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but after the holidays and the bankruptcies of aome key players I doubt we'll be seeing deals that great any time soon again.

Atrophis

navanman said:
Not exactly a bargain of the £10 Too Human variety, more like of the 103" Panasonic Plasma but RicherSounds UK are selling the Pioneer LX5090 for £1699, comes with 5yr warranty also.
Cracking price for the best 50" TV and best TV on the market.
Fantastic price when you consider how weak sterling against euro.

Pretty good deal, though it seems to have gone up by £60 since you posted. I am pining for the TV so baldy. Only a couple more months of saving and it will be mine!

Exitus_pt

tahrikmili said:
Gamestracker alerted me today. Falble II has dropped:

Fable II 17.73 thehut.com http://www.thehut.com/hut/9988699.product (Availability 2-4 weeks)
Fable II 17.89 sendit.com http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9988699.product (Availability 72 hours)

I'll grab it from sendit.com in a couple of days, methinks. I knew waiting would pay off. :D

awesome:D thank goodness i decided to hold it off and wait for the price drop on it but i already have too much on my plate from the holiday onslaught:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom