• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

It's hard to see The Last Story not coming to America.

It's a big budget game, from the creator of Final Fantasy, and a huge exclusive for the console race.

Willy105 said:
It's hard to see The Last Story not coming to America.

It's a big budget game, from the creator of Final Fantasy, and a huge exclusive for the console race.
You don't know the first, the second didn't help ASH, and the third is delusional.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think it is very likely coming out in N.A, both because of the early news that it was TM'd everywhere and the prominence Iwata gave it at the last financial briefing.

With Nintendo who knows though.

Akai

I personally think it helps The Last Story's (and Xenoblade's) chances considerably considering Cammie brought up both games without anyone asking or reminding her they exist in that one interview a while back...

ILikeFeet

Banned
not to mention Xenoblade is still on the NA release list. I don't think Disaster lasted so long. and The Last Story is trademarked in the EU and NA.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ShockingAlberto said:
Last Story's best bet is if the decision is taken out of NOA's hands and it is a mandated release from Japan.

That's what I'm thinking is the case.

TunaLover

I think Last Story have chance of getting released, but what worry me is that Last Story depends on Xenoblade sales, Graces is a lost cause though.

Hunahan

Banned
It'll probably just revolve around how well it sells in Japan. I'm pretty sure that's why we never got ASH.

Which is a bummer. Since it probably won't sell well.

The one nice thing about Xbox 360 as a JRPG hub was that there was basically no reason to ever keep anything Japan-only. Outside of that Hudson Ziria remake and a few Idea Factory spins, it was pretty much a complete conversion ratio.

At least there's always the fan translation community, I guess.

Speaking of which....beta testing since October...I think they fell asleep....
http://pbtrans.wordpress.com/

trejo

Frankly, I think there's a pretty good chance both this and Xenoblade are coming out here.

That Cammie chick mentioned both by name. There is just no way in hell she would even know these games exist otherwise. When NOA passes on a game they like to pretend no such thing even exists, even if they've shown trailers for it before.

duckroll

B.K. said:
A Jump scan for the game is out. It has art of the two characters and names them.

You bumped this thread to say something that is 3 days old? Do you even bother reading the thread before posting in it? For heaven's sake!

B.K.

duckroll said:
You bumped this thread to say something that is 3 days old? Do you even bother reading the thread before posting in it? For heaven's sake!

I looked and didn't see it. If it's such a big deal, ban me. You probably want to anyway.

duckroll

B.K. said:
I looked and didn't see it. If it's such a big deal, ban me. You probably want to anyway.

Wow, you really can't take criticism. Stop whining and man up. I'm trying to help you become a better contributor to the forum. :p

mugurumakensei said:
How can it be delayed when we don't have a release date? Mr. Sakaguchi doesn't make sense unless he means delayed until 2011... :(

Well, it's more that he says they're extending production time, rather than delaying it.

I wouldn't mind *too* much if it got delayed to 2011. Too many games to play/choose from as is :lol I'm fine with Xenoblade and Zelda releasing this year from Nintendo.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, if it's getting pushed back into 2011, that gives Zelda Wii a better chance to make it before the end of the year methinks, at least in Japan.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
doomed1 said:
Well, if it's getting pushed back into 2011, that gives Zelda Wii a better chance to make it before the end of the year methinks, at least in Japan.
I'm going to speculate that this game has zero impact on the release date of Zelda.

It would be like delaying Modern Warfare 2 because of Singularity.

Eteric Rice

TunaLover said:
I think Last Story have chance of getting released, but what worry me is that Last Story depends on Xenoblade sales, Graces is a lost cause though.

What pisses me off is that the Symphonia sequel sold like 200k or something in the US, why not bring Graces here?

Fuck.

I guess E3 is our last hope for Graces.

thefro

Doesn't bother me because we weren't going to see it in the US this year anyway if Xenoblade is coming out in the Fall here.

Hopefully we get it closer to the Japanese date.

duckroll

The clean scans are out. There are 2 pages in Famitsu this week on Last Story. Brand new screenshots. They show several cutscenes of the characters interacting, and also the battle UI for the first time. The article seems to confirm that you only control Elza, and all allies are AI controlled. The screens also so Elza running in some passageway with the party. Seems the game system supports Elza and 3 other party members. In terms of presentation, it actually looks surprisingly similar to the concept art in terms of camera placement and scope, even though the art style and detail isn't close. The battle camera doesn't seem to center behind Elza, but on the overall scene instead.

Aeana

It seems like it's actually 4 party members + Elza. There's room for even more; maybe there will be 6 or 7. :eek:

Also, the battle UI looks great, and the idea of being able to cancel magic sounds cool. I hope there's a bit of fine control over the characters via some AI switches or gambit-like settings. The scans aren't as detailed as I'd hoped, but what I really want is video anyway.

Akai

duckroll said:
Seems the game system supports Elza and 3 other party members.

I see 4.

Edit: Beaten.

Game looks great, but I definitely need some video to see how the battles play out...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Scans still look really, really impressive. I'm pretty pumped to see some direct feed.

This looks.... Absolutely gorgeous. I am so hyped for this already.

Do we know if the composer is Uematsu? The music on the website is beautiful.

They might as well just title this game "The true spiritual successor to the Final Fantasy series," because that's what it is obviously intended to be.

Please, please let it live up to my expectations. (And be released in the US!)

Between this and Xenoblade, it is time to dig the Wii out of the closet!

jRPG

Wow this game is seriously looking good. The lighting is pretty great. I'm guessing it's got a pretty decent budget.

ILikeFeet

Banned
looks great. the characters' names are in their status bars but it's too small to read. there also seems to be a countdown to unleashing magic, and Elza using Gathering. hopefully they don't allow you to spam Gathering, cause I can easily see it being overused.

anyone else think the male characters kinda look similar thanks to their hairstyle? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom