• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

I just got done watching the last two episodes of season 3 so I just finished watching AD yet again. The episode in Iraq with Buster taking pictures with the old style of cell phone got me to thinking - allow me to put into perspective just how much time has passed and how things have changed since AD last aired new episodes.

The iPhone didn't even exist when AD went off the air. It wouldn't be until the next year after the final episode aired, almost a year and a half later, that the iPhone would hit the market. How weird is that?

big ander

After all these years I had for some reason just assumed this would be available to watch for free.

It's not really sounding like it is worth the $13.

It's only $4 to rent on amazon. even that though seems steep. like the tfs review says it could maybe end up on the season 4 dvd so there's not really a point to watching now

After all these years I had for some reason just assumed this would be available to watch for free.

It's not really sounding like it is worth the $13.

I agree, this should really be on Netflix as hype to get us back into the series. I'll wait until it DOES come to Netflix, or bargin bin 99 cent night.

I agree, this should really be on Netflix as hype to get us back into the series. I'll wait until it DOES come to Netflix, or bargin bin 99 cent night.

Having watched it myself, I can say it's definitely not worth the price of admission. While well put together, it doesn't really offer anything new that diehard fans and owners of the DVD's wouldn't know or have heard already, and the rest is just random fan gushing over how great the show is. It's definitely in that "nice to have but not to pay for" DVD extra territory.

Having watched it myself, I can say it's definitely not worth the price of admission. While well put together, it doesn't really offer anything new that diehard fans and owners of the DVD's wouldn't know or have heard already, and the rest is just random fan gushing over how great the show is. It's definitely in that "nice to have but not to pay for" DVD extra territory.

Thanks for the extra insight. I'll definitely hold off for now :)

Mr Banana Grabber thanks you :D

sticker,375x360.png

Zebra

just startd season 2 of my rewatch and caught this. GOB's business model has cornballer burns on her arm:

How can you tell they're from the cornballer? Seems like an odd place to get them, if so.
Didn't the Mexican police officers have them on their forearms?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How can you tell they're from the cornballer? Seems like an odd place to get them, if so.
Didn't the Mexican police officers have them on their forearms?

Yeah, they showed off scars on their forearms.

just startd season 2 of my rewatch and caught this. GOB's business model has cornballer burns on her arm:

Hilarious I just watched that episode this morning trying to catch up in time for the premiere of the new season.

Saw the bruise/burn but wasn't sure of the origin. The mexican guards do bring up the cornballer burns in the same episode so I would go with that theory.

Watched the episode where George Michael is running for president. The slam video Gob made, never noticed Mr. Banana Grabber made an appearance. haha.

Zebra

"That's why you had me do that?"

The girls like him just fine.

It's so fun imagining the whole production of that video, with Gob and George-Michael running around taking videos.

"Put on my jacket. Yeah, now go ahead and turn off that lamp."

"Do a controlled slide with your hog towards the camera and give a thumbs up."

- NY Mag: Six Things We Learned From the Arrested Development Documentary Project

Some funny anecdotes in here:
At their first Emmys, as Will Arnett and Michael Cera walked the red carpet together, all they could hear were photographers yelling, "Michael Cera! Michael Cera!" What they soon realized was that Cera was standing between Michael Douglas and Sarah Jessica Parker, and they were actually screaming, "Michael! Sarah! Michael! Sarah!"

At their first Emmys, as Will Arnett and Michael Cera walked the red carpet together, all they could hear were photographers yelling, "Michael Cera! Michael Cera!" What they soon realized was that Cera was standing between Michael Douglas and Sarah Jessica Parker, and they were actually screaming, "Michael! Sarah! Michael! Sarah!"

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

Bateman really pulled that show together with all the characters involved.

Yep, everyone was wonderful. but just like in the show with the character Michael, Bateman is the cog that made everyone connect. The chemistry is uncanny. The Michael character is very underrated by many on this series, and it's a shame.

TUSR

Banned
Yep, everyone was wonderful. but just like in the show with the character Michael, Bateman is the cog that made everyone connect. The chemistry is uncanny. The Michael character is very underrated by many on this series, and it's a shame.

His reactions and facial expressions sell how good he is.

Wouldn't go that far, but there's definitely something special about the moments when we see his flaws since he's otherwise propped up as the normal one that always judges his family.

Are you kidding me?

Everything Michael does is done because he thinks he's better than the rules. He may not be as external in his flaws, but he's got a metric shitload.

How about the episode where he plots to raise another man's child as his own?

Are you kidding me?

Everything Michael does is done because he thinks he's better than the rules. He may not be as external in his flaws, but he's got a metric shitload.

How about the episode where he plots to raise another man's child as his own?
Or the fact that every relationship he is in is doomed form the start because he's so narcissistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom