• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT| - There are HOW MANY now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIS

Now that the dust has settled (so to speak), how did you guys like this game? How does it compare to it's predecessors?

upandaway

Nintendo-4Life said:
Now that the dust has settled (so to speak), how did you guys like this game? How does it compare to it's predecessors?
I still like Platinum more (Pt>B&W>everything else) but for reasons that might also have to do with me playing B&W in Japanese. If I play it in English again or if I play the 3rd edition I'm pretty sure it'll go above Platinum.

Reticent Rhino said:
Sage
is a type of leafy plant used for garnishing food and for herbal medicines.

Fits with the anime guy Dento's theme lol. I mean they run a restaurant. I really hope it doesn't take until April 17th to come out, I will be totally bummed. I mean I imported it already, but was looking forward to playing it in English sooner...

Do you guys think they'll release the B/W DSi over here at release, or will it be too close to the 3DS launch?

I love my Dialga/Palkia DS (even though the hinge cracked ages ago), and I'd love to have something for B/W...even though I'd much prefer to get a LE 3DS, I'd still cave in and buy a DSi if they released it in NA.

drtomoe123 said:
Do you guys think they'll release the B/W DSi over here at release, or will it be too close to the 3DS launch?

I love my Dialga/Palkia DS (even though the hinge cracked ages ago), and I'd love to have something for B/W...even though I'd much prefer to get a LE 3DS, I'd still cave in and buy a DSi if they released it in NA.

Nintendo still plans to sell DSi/XL's next year around the world, so I think it'll probably come here. Either around launch or in the Fall or around next Christmas.

I have the Dialga & Palkia DS Lite as well (but I got it in May 2007 and my bro paid a fortune for it) and I used it again recently to play my import copy of Pokémon White. :)

Got my little sister who's 11 Pokemon Heart Gold for Christmas and she can't stop playing it. She needs to stop so I can start my game god damn it:lol I haven't played a Pokemon game since the Green, Blue, Red and Yellow days.

MidnightScott said:
Nintendo still plans to sell DSi/XL's next year around the world, so I think it'll probably come here. Either around launch or in the Fall or around next Christmas.

I have the Dialga & Palkia DS Lite as well (but I got it in May 2007 and my bro paid a fortune for it) and I used it again recently to play my import copy of Pokémon White. :)

I was this close to importing White, but I figured I'd wait until the NA release so I could savor the whole experience. I imported HG when it hit Japan, but then again, I've played through GSC trillions of times, so I wasn't spoiling much.

Where there are two different DSi designs, do you think they'll release both or will they come up with a custom design for the US? If they come out with both...I'll be too tempted to buy both designs.

ToyMachine228 said:
Got my little sister who's 11 Pokemon Heart Gold for Christmas and she can't stop playing it. She needs to stop so I can start my game god damn it I haven't played a Pokemon game since the Green, Blue, Red and Yellow days.

You're in for quite the treat. HG/SS are amazing games...truly representative of the best of the Pokemon experience.

ToyMachine228 said:
Got my little sister who's 11 Pokemon Heart Gold for Christmas and she can't stop playing it. She needs to stop so I can start my game god damn it:lol I haven't played a Pokemon game since the Green, Blue, Red and Yellow days.
It has only one save file... You'll have to kill all her pets if you want to start your own.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
Upcoming Nintendo DS Games Introduce More than 150 Never-Before-Seen Pokémon and a New Region to Explore

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 27, 2010 - Nintendo of America today announced that the Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games will launch in North America on March 6, 2011. The games, playable exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, are a completely new adventure that Pokémon fans old and new can embark on. Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version introduce more than 150 new Pokémon and a new region to explore.

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version feature new Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game, and some Pokémon can only be caught in one version of the game. For example, the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ can only be caught in Pokémon Black Version, while the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom™ can only be caught in Pokémon White Version. Additionally, the two games feature different areas for the first time in the series, with the game world of Pokémon Black Version featuring a unique metropolitan area called Black City, and a lush, green area named White Forest only found in Pokémon White Version. Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version also mark the first time in a Pokémon video game that the seasons will change in the game world. Certain Pokémon appear more frequently during different seasons, and players can only access some areas during a specific season.

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version let players start with one of three new Starter Pokémon - the Grass-type Snivy™, the Fire-type Tepig™ or the Water-type Oshawott™. Until the main story of the game is complete, every Pokémon that players encounter will have never been seen before in previous Pokémon games. The games also feature original boy and girl trainers who set out on an adventure in the new Unova region.

“Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version represent a generational leap forward for the renowned series, delivering an unprecedented number of new Pokémon to catch, battle and trade,” said Marc Franklin, Nintendo of America's director of Public Relations. “Whether you have played the Pokémon video games before or are just getting interested in them, you won't want to miss Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.”

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version are now available for pre-order from major retailers throughout North America for a suggested retail price of $34.99 each. A deposit may be required for pre-orders. See individual retailers for details.

For more information about Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, visit http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com.

:D

Pokemasters...My little sister can't find where she needs to drop off Pokemon she doesn't want to carry. Pokecenter? Was that what it's called? GAF Pokemasters assemble to help the 11 year old!

Verilligo

ToyMachine228 said:
Pokemasters...My little sister can't find where she needs to drop off Pokemon she doesn't want to carry. Pokecenter? Was that what it's called? GAF Pokemasters assemble to help the 11 year old!
Pokecenter, yeah. You want the computer console in the corner of the first floor. You can deposit/withdraw/exchange/rearrange/release pokemon there.

Wiseblade

SalsaShark said:
i think its new thread time..
No chance. We're sticking with this thread. HGSS didn't get one, Platinum didn't get one and B/W isn't going to get one.

I updated the OP with English names and everything!

Wiseblade

Emonga said:

It's nice, but it basically reiterates everything everyone was saying in September. it would have been better if it focused more on which Gen 1+2 Pokémon had managed to stay relevant and why or which old threats have been replaced by Isshu/Unova newcomers.

This article is way more interesting at showing how the power creep has affected the metagame. Including the honourable mentions, only 1 Gen 1 made the list; one that copies the stats of the opponent. Similarly, the only Gen 2 Pokémon on the list is known more for its ability/movepool than stats or raw power. Gen 3 + 4 are pretty even, with Gen 5 having the most Pokémon on the list. Especially interesting is how it shows that older Pokémon stay relevant through their movepools/abilities rather than try to compete with the powerhouses of Sinnoh and beyond. Ditto's the prime example: a single new ability turned it from a joke into the best revenge killer in the game.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Due to that pronunciation, I assume the name means Mini Chinchilla?

Basically, though I wonder why Minchilla wouldn't work. Bulbapedia suggests "chino cloth", but that's a pretty terrible etymology. It's probably just a corruption of Chinchilla.

Celebi will be distributed at participating GameStop locations from Feb. 27 through March 7, 2011, to all Generation IV games. The Time Travel Pokémon will know Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, and Healing Wish. Most importantly, this will be a fateful encounter Celebi, which will activate a special time-travel event in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, previously impossible by legitimate means without trading for a Japanese movie Celebi.

This Celebi, if transfered via the Trasfer Machine to Pokémon Black and White will allow the user to get a Zorua if brought to Castelia City.

Great news! Always wanted to do the Giovanni event in HGSS.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Chris1964 said:
March 3DS release date for Europe confirmed too I guess.

Why? This game has absolutely nothing to do with the 3DS.

[Nintex]

Chris1964 said:
March 3DS release date for Europe confirmed too I guess.
I'd say April 8 release for 3DS in Europe confirmed. Just enough time for Nintendo to report the shipments/sales for 'this' fiscal year. Late March Zelda release seems to be in the works too.

Anth0ny

[Nintex] said:
I'd say April 8 release for 3DS in Europe confirmed. Just enough time for Nintendo to report the shipments/sales for 'this' fiscal year. Late March Zelda release seems to be in the works too.

If we get 3DS, Pokemon and Zelda in one month, I might just shit my pants.

and also be completely done with video game purchases for the rest of the year

[Nintex]

Anth0ny said:
If we get 3DS, Pokemon and Zelda in one month, I might just shit my pants.

and also be completely done with video game purchases for the rest of the year
Retailers in Europe are told to expect it at the end of Q1 or the start of Q2 but most likely March so NoE can keep their promise of the Q1 release they did back at GamesCom. I believe Nintendo is going with this strategy so the Wii will keep trucking even if the 3DS comes out and they focus their advertising on that. It's also a way to get a lot of 'Zelda' marketing out in stores with both OOT and SS available.

Another reason for Nintendo to act fast and hit hard is because MS is trying to out-advertise and outsell them in Europe. Nintendo France said that they estimated Kinect sold 100k while their Mario Kart bundle sold 150k and the Red Wii was the most popular model right now.

Since B/W is DSi-enhanced I need to decide if I'm getting 3DS+B/W in Europe or US. I'm from Europe, but if 3DS is region-locked and looking at the releases so far I might be tempted to go with US on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom