• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreohboy

Tron 2.0 said:
Not for PSN+ members.

And Netflix works? Don't you have to be signed in to PSN?

And they're making it worse by not being more transparent.

Anyone else confirm that Netflix works right now?

Just wanted to updated, if by one chance it hasn´t been leaked, because i haven´t read all the thread:

The PSN should be back online on Monday all over the world and the attacks were provoke by hackers who did retrieve personal information of an unnumbered users all over the world but CC numbers were not reached and passwords securities for the admins of the PSN had been compromised, so they are restoring all of the network.

That is what my source told me, so if anything new happens i will try to update here, at the same time please take it with a grain of salt/not confirmed because my source isn´t in a high position within SCEA but he has gave me some accurate information in the past.

Edit: Another thing i don´t think SONY will go public with the personal information being retrieve by hackers.

Tron 2.0

Well I just tried Netflix and it didn't work for me.

Turned on the console, opened Netflix and it asked me to log into Playstation Network.

Tried logging in, got a message saying the Network was down for maintenance.

No Netflix for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tron 2.0 said:

Turned on the console, opened Netflix and it asked me to log into Playstation Network.

No Netflix for me.

After the message, back out of it and it should load.

JLG-

Tron 2.0 said:

No Netflix for me.
Keep logging in, eventually your queue will load up and the login will go away.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Tron 2.0 said:

No Netflix for me.

Notice Netflix loading in the background, just keep trying to logging in. Once it loads it will stop asking you.

EDIT: BEATEN

Abylim

Sigh, good thing I picked up ff4 before all this, but its annoying. Been dying to do some Crysis2 MP, finally beat it. Great game, but I wants the multi!

Gotta admit, this is starting to get in the realms of annoyance, I can understand it taking a day or two, but this is kinda ridiculous.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
In time for store update on Tuesday, YAY!, I get to play Crash Commando again! from PSN+

Jeramii

Banned
i am bummed my 4 day weekend didn't include playing portal 2. however i don't blame sony. shit happens.

if after all upgrades are done, and they still have issues... i'll be angry then.

SmithnCo

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Just wanted to updated, if by one chance it hasn´t been leaked, because i haven´t read all the thread:

The PSN should be back online on Monday all over the world and the attacks were provoke by hackers who did retrieve personal information of an unnumbered users all over the world but CC numbers were not reached and passwords securities for the admins of the PSN had been compromised, so they are restoring all of the network.

That is what my source told me, so if anything new happens i will try to update here, at the same time please take it with a grain of salt/not confirmed because my source isn´t in a high position within SCEA but he has gave me some accurate information in the past.

Edit: Another thing i don´t think SONY will go public with the personal information being retrieve by hackers.

Well I hope your source is right, Monday wouldn't be very bad at all.

Edit: Also after this I feel like I should definitely change the ole PSN password, just to be safe

BobTheFork said:
??? They will never go Public with it. They will turn it in to authorities but never go public.

Yeah, that was one of the thing my source told me because SONY is trying to minimize the damage and the bad PR and to try for the authorities to have a upper hand.

Tron 2.0

BobTheFork said:
??? They will never go Public with it. They will turn it in to authorities but never go public.
Maybe I'm understanding incorrectly, because it seems to me that if hackers or whatever accessed user information that Sony has the responsibility to tell its users what information was compromised?

Yeah, that was one of the thing my source told me because SONY is trying to minimize the damage and the bad PR and to try for the authorities to have a upper hand.
If true, that's bullshit.

Tron 2.0 said:
Maybe I'm understanding incorrectly, because it seems to me that if hackers or whatever accessed user information that Sony has the responsibility to tell its users what information was compromised?

Yeah thats not the way that SONY or any other corporation works.

Cruzader

Banned

Thanx for that info. Atleast we know it was from hackers and those calling folks here corporate shills can kiss my ass.

"bu bu how can you trust Sony??".

GraveRobberX

PSN+ is worth it

The shit PSN+ has offered and given is amazing

If you add it all up its close to $550 worth of content, yes its "rental" for the games, but some games are free out right

I mean Stacking is a $15 game, you get it to keep forever as a PSN+ member, a lot of PSN+ members had problem downloading Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse, so Sony sent them the game through the PSN mail w/ attachment that gives them the $35 package to keep forever, that right there is $50. Everything else is icing on the cake
{Hell if you resigned/signed during that Red Faction Tank game giveaway = $10 and game = yours}

Jeramii

Banned

what is the source of this? and what kind of stuff was leaked...

just names? passwords? credit cards?

So... a little off topic :

What does moving all your data, trophies, accounts and such over to a new ps3 from your old one entail? I figured a 4 gig thumb drive for my saved games would be good enough for all that... and then once i can actually login to the PSN with my account i figured most everything else would kind of fall into place...

Am I woefully incorrect here?

daffy

Banned
SO

Browser Data?
Profile Data?
Home Data?
Netflix Data?

Hell it could be password data for non admins as well at this point

GraveRobberX

Manji Silk Boss said:

What does moving all your data, trophies, accounts and such over to a new ps3 from your old one entail? I figured a 4 gig thumb drive for my saved games would be good enough for all that... and then once i can actually login to the PSN with my account i figured most everything else would kind of fall into place...

Grab an Ethernet cable, plug it into the back of both PS3's, there's an option that carries everything from old PS3 to new PS3, even LOCKED SAVES!!!!!!!

All you need to know:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html

DailyVacation

Neo Member
CadetMahoney said:
I predict Sunday with lots of Jesus gifs as celebration then the thread will be locked as if this never happened.

I predict Sunday, too! I just attended Easter Vigil mass. Thinking that the service would restore PSN, I come home, attempt to log in, and *swoop* no dice.

Tomorrow, will be the day of reckoning!

brentech

Jeramii said:

That's kind of the point of him calling it "my source". He got info from someone that works there....giving out a name would cost this person there job potentially.

Tron 2.0 said:

I think I may have misunderstood. I though you were talking about information about the hackers, not what user data might have been compromised.

Jeramii said:

• Personal information: Name, Last Name, Address, Email, zip code, country.
  • Passwords of the users of PSN: he didn´t confirm this even though i ask him a lot.
  • Credit Cards Numbers: He confirm that the numbers were not compromised because the numbers are stored/protected/encrypted in a different way that the personal data (that is what he told me, he and I don´t know shit about computer programming so sorry for not giving specified details here).
  • Users Log History was retrieve (don´t know what that is).

That is all he gave me, well summarized at least.

good thing the hackers don't know about this small, niche video game site.

Dead Man

Manji Silk Boss said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348232 Should have plenty of info.

Knux-Future said:
so has shit gotten real?
yes it has. Grab the tin foil body armor and gauss rifles. skynet is among us!

I wonder if sony will hand out free hats for the trouble. I'm more pissed that I have a few portal 2 steam codes and I want to give it to my friends but can't because I can't link their accounts to their psn. :(

Super_Chicken said:
yes it has. Grab the tin foil body armor and gauss rifles. skynet is among us!

I wonder if sony will hand out free hats for the trouble. I'm more pissed that I have a few portal 2 steam codes and I want to give it to my friends but can't because I can't link their accounts to their psn. :(
panic.gif

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

Tron 2.0

Yeah thats not the way that SONY or any other corporation works.
They can delay notifying users that their personal information has been compromised, but only if law enforcement thinks it will impede investigation.

They're legally obligated in most states to inform consumers if their personal data has been accessed by unauthorized agents.

Tabris

I wonder what we'll get for free out of this. I don't play online games much on my PS3, so I'm kinda excited about this due to what we'll get for free.

Grinchy

Banned
RyanDG said:
I completely disagree here. Another notification from sony without any mention of potentially compromised information (especially since it's been offline since the 21st) is a good re-assurance that at this point more than likely no PII was actually compromised and that the attack was related to something else. (I mentioned before, Sony has a legal timeline (according to most states in the US) they must meet if they have PII compromised and most companies will do this with a blanket notification of how to protect your privacy before sending more specific notifications to individual customers).
That sounds very sensible. I hope you are right!

jax (old)

Banned
wtf arnold. So, you blabbed some BS and whatnot... and of course non of this can be verified. Should leave the "reportage" to websites. As is, I'm not taking you nor any of your posts seriously.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
  • Personal information: Name, Last Name, Address, Email, zip code, country.
  • Passwords of the users of PSN: he didn´t confirm this even though i ask him a lot.
  • Credit Cards Numbers: He confirm that the numbers were not compromised because the numbers are stored/protected/encrypted in a different way that the personal data (that is what he told me, he and I don´t know shit about computer programming so sorry for not giving specified details here).
  • Users Log History was retrieve (don´t know what that is).

That is all he gave me, well summarized at least.

First of all, thank you, arnoldocastillo2003 for this information. None of us would have known this otherwise. Even as a junior member, I'm glad I'm a part of this community.

So my hopes for getting it up on Easter Sunday have been squandered... But, I still have faith!

Tron 2.0 said:
They can delay notifying users that their personal information has been compromised, but only if law enforcement thinks it will impede investigation.

They're legally obligated in most states to inform consumers if their personal data has been accessed by unauthorized agents.

Yeah i know the law, but suposedly SONY will try not to go public with this because it has already taken legal actions, so what my source told me is that until the correct authorities tell them to go public they will, so who knows what will happen.

SmithnCo

Tabris said:
I wonder what we'll get for free out of this. I don't play online games much on my PS3, so I'm kinda excited about this due to what we'll get for free.

A free download of Charlie's Angels. Standard Definition of course, no need to get greedy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tabris said:

A free theme for your troubles.

Tron 2.0

Yeah i know the law, but suposedly SONY will try not to go public with this because it has already taken legal actions, so what my source told me is that until the correct authorities tell them to go public they will, so who knows what will happen.
That's not what you said.

You said Sony doesn't want to go public because of bad PR.

ZZMitch

Jax said:
wtf arnold. So, you blabbed some BS and whatnot... and of course non of this can be verified. Should leave the "reportage" to websites. As is, I'm not taking you nor any of your posts seriously.

I like how you just assume he is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom