• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

formerly nacire
Nice to see you guys got your invites! If you guys wanna group up some time pm me your battle.net emails. Also, whoever takes on the OT let me know, I got photoshop skills and would/could help out!

Sigh, yet another beta that I wasn't invited to TT

Guess it's ok - I don't need really need the beta since I'll definitely be buying the full game as soon as it comes out (DECEMBER. I BELIEVE!)

MrKnives

chris-013 said:
Yes europe invites

I know someone from EU who still haven't gotten his account activated. He got on the list / been able to downloaded it from his bnet account for over a week. That's brutal teasing like that.

Freki

MrKnives said:
I know someone from EU who still haven't gotten his account activated. He got on the list / been able to downloaded it from his bnet account for over a week. That's brutal teasing like that.

On the one hand yes - on the other hand he can at least be sure about getting into beta...

Alski

I work for M$ marketing! Hi!
Just wondering what other players experiences have been in regards to yellow items?

I have gotten three yellow drops, each after completing the beta mission with a new character class. I have completed the beta many times with my Barb but only the first play though revealed a yellow. Is anyone else just getting random yellow drops?

Hootie

Quick question -- I haven't been following this game much (although it's clearly my most anticipated), so is there any idea when the retail game is going to be released? I can't find any info on it.

forrest

formerly nacire
Alski said:
Just wondering what other players experiences have been in regards to yellow items?

I have gotten three yellow drops, each after completing the beta mission with a new character class. I have completed the beta many times with my Barb but only the first play though revealed a yellow. Is anyone else just getting random yellow drops?

All of the rares I've gotten except for one have all come from the Skeleton King on the first kill with a new character. I've actually just built a +exp set and a +magic find set for making new characters, leveling them quick, then switching to magic find set for the Skeleton king fight. I've killed the boss with my lvl 13 characters decked out in magic find many, many times, but never have see a rare after that initial kill.

The one time I did get a rare outside of the Skeleton King encounter was in the cathedral from one of the over sized treasure chests. Was totally random. I've read where people have gotten rares from multiple skeleton king kills, but it's apparently very rare to do. Random is Random says the blues on the forum.

Hootie said:
Quick question -- I haven't been following this game much (although it's clearly my most anticipated), so is there any idea when the retail game is going to be released? I can't find any info on it.

No clue, someone was saying early Dec. cause that is when the files for the beta expire, but who knows really. It's very polished and far along, but you can tell there are still things to be done.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
nacire said:
All of the rares I've gotten except for one have all come from the Skeleton King on the first kill with a new character. I've actually just built a +exp set and a +magic find set for making new characters, leveling them quick, then switching to magic find set for the Skeleton king fight. I've kill the boss with my lvl 13 characters decked out in magic find many, many times, but never have see a rare after that initial kill.

The one time I did get a rare outside of the Skeleton King encounter was in the cathedral from one of the oversized treasure chests. Was totally random. I've read where people have gotten rares from multiple skeleton king kills, but it's apparently very rare to do. Random is Random says the blues on the forum.

I got 2 rares on my first skeleton king kill with monk.

steadfast

Hootie said:

Speculation is launch date announcement at Blizzcon. Though many are hoping for a December release, most are expecting early 2012.

forrest

formerly nacire
Gromph said:
I got 2 rares on my first skeleton king kill with monk.

Yeah 2 seems pretty common, I've had 1, 2 and 3 at the same time and most say 1-3 is the range of rares you can get on that first kill. I've killed him with my lvl 13 geared characters and received not a magic item or rare :/

MrKnives

Hootie said:

Late 2011 Q4 or 2012 Q1

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
online again :p

Also pm me you id if you want to be added

Valnen

Freki said:
Yeah it sucks - it sucks big time - but whining here helps a little bit...
I'm one of the most loyal fans of Blizzard - got every game - and still - nothing - argh....
Means nothing unless you know an employee personally, I'm afraid.

I'd do just about anything for a key...or even to literally just play for a couple hours.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Valnen said:

You know what, I should really do some genealogical research, I swear I should be related to a Blizzard employee... somehow...

Aunts husband cousins wife niece godfathers sisters uncle.

Corky

Fonds said:
Speculation date at blizzcon is fact.

I think we can safely say, that if we don't get a date during blizzcon 2011 then there's no chance in hell that the game is coming this december.

No
Chance
In
Hell

Freki

Valnen said:

I'd do just about anything for a key...or even to literally just play for a couple hours.

I guess we are all pretty desperate
kind of in a junkie way - but who cares

V_Arnold

Corky said:
I think we can safely say, that if we don't get a date during blizzcon 2011 then there's no chance in hell that the game is coming this december.

No
Chance
In
Hell

Uhm.... Corky, take a chill pill :)
We

Will
Get
A
Date.

We will. Do not worry. All is well in this world. The good forces are working. Diablo will be dead again. And again. And again. Soon(tm).

Corky

V_Arnold said:
Uhm.... Corky, take a chill pill :)
We

Will
Get
A
Date.

We will. Do not worry. All is well in this world. The good forces are working. Diablo will be dead again. And again. And again. Soon(tm).

I'm out of chill pills! HOOK ME UP!

No but seriously, I'm just saying, IF we don't get a date then a 2011 release isn't feasible. I mean if they , at October 25th, can't give us a tangible release date ( like : Holiday 2011 ) then we won't get it 2011. As cynical as I am some(most)times, I really think that's just being rational/realistic.

We could very well be getting a release date of 2011. Just talking about the possibility if said date is omitted during Blizzcon.

V_Arnold

BigNastyCurve said:
Won't be this year. No way. Public beta hasn't even started, folks.

It does not matter. This is not an MMO beta. They are not looking for endgame and midgame balance feedback. All that is done internally. This is simply for their servers and added publicity.

V_Arnold

But all I am saying is that they WILL give us a date in Blizzcon. They will give us a date even if they will announce a 02.02.2012 date, even then. That is kinda...given, imho.

Home

I'm still hopeful for a December release myself. I don't think the public beta will be very long, and I don't think the gap between beta and release will be that large unless something is horribly wrong with the bnet servers. There was a 9 day gap between the SC2 beta ending and release.

Here's hoping.

Corky

Home said:
I'm still hopeful for a December release myself. I don't think the public beta will be very long, and I don't think the gap between beta and release will be that large unless something is horribly wrong with the bnet servers. There was a 9 day gap between the SC2 beta ending and release.

Here's hoping.

I don't know man, didn't they just announce that they're totally revamping the demon hunter class? That does sound like something big and requiring quite the effort.

Blizzcon is October 21-22. If they reveal December release (my guess is Dec. 7th-15th), they might pull it off - probably CE pre-orders will go up the day of the reveal. Which means we should get some sort of leak from retail chains' database a week or so prior :)

Corky said:
I don't know man, didn't they just announce that they're totally revamping the demon hunter class? That does sound like something big and requiring quite the effort.

I think they will mostly change the rate at which H/D regenerates, it's obvious the rate is too small now.

Trickster

Corky said:

To me it seems like all that they are doing is changing the resource regenration to be on par with other classes, and what order skills unlock at. Doesn't seem like something that should take months and months to do imo.

Valnen

Corky said:
Just changing when they get their skills and resource system. They can get that done in a month no problem, and they've probably already started internally.

They also could continue tweaking it after release. No reason to delay the game.
Blizzcon is October 21-22. If they reveal December release (my guess is Dec. 7th-15th), they might pull it off - probably CE pre-orders will go up the day of the reveal. Which means we should get some sort of leak from retail chains' database a week or so prior :)
CE is the only reason I haven't preordered yet.

Duki

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
I was responding to pieatorium, which is why I start talking about "maxing 5 skills". After which you responded to my post. In any case, V_Arnold is right, I'm outta here while this super-smug snark-fest goes down. Enjoy.
lmao

varnlod calling anyone else super smug is the height of fuckin comedy

simon and lewis have a few beta vids up on their youtube channel now. just search for bluexephos. always fun hearing those two commentate :)

squidyj

TheExodu5 said:
Finished a single playthrough of the beta with the Wizard. Arcane Orb is great, and Wave of Force is incredibly satisfying.

Barb is really damned fun. Bashing enemies across the screen is just so damned satisfying. I crafted a 25dps fire hammer, and I'm rocking everything in the beta.

Shock Pulse bro, that skill is just ridiculous, standing on top of bosses and spamming them for 120-150 damage an attack is just insane. All three pulses hitting one big monster just like charged bolt in D2 makes for a hilarious amount of damage output against single targets.

metamonk said:
simon and lewis have a few beta vids up on their youtube channel now. just search for bluexephos. always fun hearing those two commentate :)

They are pretty bad but so are most of the people posting videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom