• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo Kazooie 3 shown to media last week

Kruhex

I think Banjo is a great series but Rare has to devote thier time solely to that rather than titles such as their upcoming racer game or stuff like grabbed by ghoulies.

Edited for clearer interpretation.

Kruhex said:
Guarantee that Banjo isn't coming out until late 2009. When you have a game company that works as slow as they do and works on poor\ titles instead of devoting all their time to a stellar game, there is a problem.

:lol

Kruhex said:
Guarantee that Banjo isn't coming out until late 2009. When you have a game company that works as slow as they do and works on poor\ titles instead of devoting all their time to a stellar game, there is a problem.

Take it easy man, it's only a game :lol

NeXuSDK

I went to Rare to see the game two weeks ago and let me just say that this is the biggest evidence of the return of great Rare I've seen in quite a while... and the teaser site will all make sense, when the game is unveiled (embargo is lifted the 13th of may).

Memles

As someone who is not the typical XBox gamer, Banjo coming out solid would likely be the reason (Along with Rock Band) I'd pick up the system. So, here's hoping George comes through.

[Nintex]

NeXuSDK said:
I went to Rare to see the game two weeks ago and let me just say that this is the biggest evidence of the return of great Rare I've seen in quite a while... and the teaser site will all make sense, when the game is unveiled (embargo is lifted the 13th of may).
Can't wait, BELIEVE

pswii60

Kruhex said:
Not the first time you've taken a jab:
Kruhex said:
Anyone else think this game is never coming out? Rare should have diverted all of their attention to making this instead of the fluff crap they've been putting out.
Almost as funny as when you said:
Kruhex said:
Gears deserves in my book a 4/10. Definately of the worst current-gen games I've ever played.
But looking through the rest of your post history, it's pretty obvious to me that you're in the wrong hobby.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
NeXuSDK said:
NeXuSDK said:
(embargo is lifted the 13th of may).
NeXuSDK said:
13th of may).
NeXuSDK said:
13TH OF MAY!

Kruhex said:

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

pswii60

NeXuSDK said:
It begins.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
NeXuSDK said:
If you're gonna break an NDA there's no point going half way...

TELL US EVERYTHING!

Gigglepoo said:
Don't forget about LittleBigPlanet. The only two games I need this year are BK3 and LBP. Shame they're both coming out so late in the year.
Seriously. There's nothing else I'm really looking forward to.

NeXuSDK

Damn, I need to get my avatar fixed :lol

Anyways, I won't build too much hype, as we all know how much it can destroy. But the game certainly took me by surprise and the core idea is indeed very fresh and new...

Well, I'm off for now... need to get some rest before my GTAIV review session :)

Kafel

Banned
NeXuSDK said:

So, worlds full of mechanisms ?

Ability to create your own items ?

Even though I never really got into the Banjo games back on the N64, I'm interested to see what they're doing with this one. My only current regret with getting a PS3 over the 360 is missing out on Rare games. If a new JFG, Conker, or Blast Corps comes out, I'll be scrambling to find the $350 necessary to jump in.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
bridegur said:
The Ratchet and Clank games are essentially JFG minus the tiresome collecting.

JFG had better exploration and opponents. I'd like to see the originals show the new kids a thing or two

NeXuSDK said:
Finally some fucking solid date. Thank you.

pswii60

NeXuSDK said:
...and the teaser site will all make sense, when the game is unveiled (embargo is lifted the 13th of may).
Fuck.

It's just hit me.

SO DAMN OBVIOUS.

Rumour Four: Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls. To end the struggle, a capricious higher power engineers a bear/witch showdown through worlds of the imagination – with Spiral Mountain's ownership deeds going to the victor.
Site teaser is all about construction, caution "BEAR AT WORK" etc. So now we know the game plot.

besiktas1

!!! May 13th Can't wait!

Also did you see the reXmote?

Also how about the blue-print stuff... you draw it with the reXmote, boom! it comes in world?

NeXuSDK said:
...this is the biggest evidence of the return of great Rare I've seen in quite a while

Denis Dyack...wait, I mean Rare vindicated!

omg.jpg

RBH

Kruhex said:
stunner-1.gif

NeXuSDK said:
rockyhappy.gif

NeXuSDK

[Nintex] said:
So it is fake?

WE DEMAND BLOOD

Nah, it's for real, but I'm just saying I ain't telling nothing... everything you guys write is pure guesses and speculation. I'm just saying I'm excited about it :)

Edit: This is want Banjo did to me... damn dirty bear!

banjo.jpg

[Nintex]

NeXuSDK said:
Nah, it's for real, but I'm just saying I'm ain't telling nothing... everything you guys write is pure guesses and speculation. I'm just saying I'm excited about it :)
Alright, I can't wait to see what RARE came up with.

FirewalkR

Oh man OH MAN!!!! MAY IS GONNA COMPLETELY RULE!!!!!

Can't wait to see what you guys can do with the 360. :D :D

PS: also, love the style. shows up in the thread, kicks some ass, and goes back to the shadows. :lol

pswii60

FirewalkR said:
Oh man OH MAN!!!! MAY IS GONNA COMPLETELY RULE!!!!!

Can't wait to see what you guys can do with the 360. :D :D

PS: also, love the style. shows up in the thread, kicks some ass, and goes back to the shadows. :lol
If it's anything like last year, May should be a big news month despite the lack of E3. Sony Gamer's Day, Xbox Spring Showcase, Ubidays, etc. AND BANJO!
NeXuSDK said:
Nah, it's for real, but I'm just saying I ain't telling nothing... everything you guys write is pure guesses and speculation. I'm just saying I'm excited about it :)

Edit: This is want Banjo did to me... damn dirty bear!

28500.jpg
Did you see a second game while at Rare? You know, the other secret unannounced 2008 game from the VP team?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm wondering if the 13th is also the date for that Spring Showcase Event?

Which means we'll also see Gears 2 multiplayer at the same time... :D

besiktas1

pswii60 said:
If it's anything like last year, May should be a big news month despite the lack of E3. Sony Gamer's Day, Xbox Spring Showcase, Ubidays, etc. AND BANJO!

Is this at the same time or is Banjo before the showcase...

Ohm man... Fable2 + Too Human + Banjo + HaloWars + GoW2 + Ninja Gaiden 2 = wow

(I'm sure I'm missing something)

Kruhex

pswii60 said:
Not the first time you've taken a jab:

Almost as funny as when you said:

But looking through the rest of your post history, it's pretty obvious to me that you're in the wrong hobby.

How nice of you to take your time to do this! Yes, anyone who doesn't like Gears is clearly not a gamer, you're absolutely right!

NeXuSDK

MirageDwarf said:
You shouldn't have said yes. Now get ready to bombard with question. My advice - go offline. :lol

I'm sitting in a fancy hotel in central London, getting ready to play GTA4 tomorrow... of course I'll go offline, it's like christmas eve :)

pswii60

MirageDwarf said:
You shouldn't have said yes. Now get ready to bombard with question. My advice - go offline. :lol
But he said 'depends' when asked if we should get excited about it. So it's blatantly rubbish. Ah well. ;)

Top Bottom