• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Sep 21-27, 2009

I feel Wii Fit plus will not move so much hardware, wisely nintendo choosed to drop wii price on the same day

maybe wii vs. PS3 hw will be head to head this week

a lot of games were released yesterday, many of them didn't sell very well, honestly.
and things will become worst for the coming weeks, it will be interesting to see which games will survive on the market...

apotema

Incredible debut for Inazuma Eleven, I was expecting no more than 50k first day for each version.

Wii Fit Plus will do better this weekend

Olaeh

Only 9,300 Wii Fit Plus Balance boards sold day one? The HW bump from this game will be pretty much none. Its not like this will be front loaded, but still, that does seem rather low for the BB. I bet the game goes on to sell 2-3m.

HW spike will be solely because of the price drop. Not too surprising, but I thought a few more new ppl on the fence would bite with the cheaper Wii and plus.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
bttb said:
Famitsu First Day Sales (10/01)

[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - SA 108,000 (42%) / BB 9,300 (16%)
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire (Level 5) - 93,000 (52%)
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Blizzard (Level 5) - 80,000 (49%)
[PSP] Gran Turismo (SCE) - SE 50,000 (33%) / BE 4,900 (26%)
[PSP] Macross Ultimate Frontier (Bandai Namco Games) - SE 36,000 (42%) / LE 28,000 (83%)
[PS3] Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Tecmo) - SE 24,000 (46%) / LE 3,200 (56%)
[PS3] Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (Koei) - 16,000 (23%)
[PSP] Minna no Sukkiri (SCE) - 7,700 (21%)
[PS3] Trinity Universe (Idea Factory) - SE 6,600 (30%) / LE 2,600 (50%)
[PSP] Winning Post 7 2009 (Koei) - 4,900 (40%)
[PSP] Mana Khemia 2: Ochita Gakuen to Renkinjutsushi Tachi Portable+ (Gust) - 4,400 (26%)
[360] Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (Koei) - 3,800 (25%)
[360] Cross Edge Dash (Compile Heart) - 2,300 (26%)
[PS2] Hiiro no Kakera: Shin Tamayorihime Denshou (Idea Factory) - SE 1,700 (40%) / LE 1,500 (54%)
[PS2] Shin Hisui no Shizuku: Hiiro no Kakera 2 (Idea Factory) - 1,500 (40%)
[PS2] Touka Gettan: Koufuu no Ryouou (Kadokawa Shoten) - DX 1,400 (44%)
[WII] MySims Agents (Electronic Arts) - 950 (20%)
[PSP] Shadow of Memories (Konami) - 880 (12%)
[PS2] Hiiro no Kakera Aizouban (Idea Factory) - 780 (30%)

SE = Standard Edition / LE = Limited Edition
SA = Standalone / BB = Balance Board / BE = Bundle Edition / DX = DX Pack

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1254404390/322

Edit 1: a set of leaked numbers posted earlier.

GT PSP = 49,532
WF Plus = 100,000+
Sukkiri = 7,654
PS3 DW = 16,474
IE2 Fire = 93,219
IE2 Blizzard = 79,682

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1254427063/743
http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1254427063/770

Edit 2: IE2 Fire outsold IE2 Blizzard. Dead Space Wii figures not available.

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1254404390/359
I wonder if Level 5's plan to get people to buy both versions is working... either way they're off to a good start!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
31. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
32. [PSP] Taikou Risshiden V (koei
33. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii (Namco Bandai)
34. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3 the Best) (Konami)
35. [NDS] Paul Sloan & Des MacHale's Mysterious Story 2 (Level 5)
36. [PS3] Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Playstation 3 the Best) (SCE)
37. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV(PlayStation 3 the Best) (Capcom)
38. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven: Tap into the Rhythm (Nintendo)
39. [NDS] The Devil's Murder Voyage (Creative Core)
40. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (Playstation 3 the Best) (SCE)
41. [PS2] J-League Winning Eleven 2009: Club Championship (Konami)
42. [NDS] Korg DS-10 Plus (AQ Interactive)
43. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: The 7 Island Adventure (Namco Bandai)
44. [NDS] Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: Girls Motekawa Box (Konami)
45. [NDS] Blood of Bahamut (Square Enix)
46. [PS2] Pro Baseball Spirits 6 (Konami)
47. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
48. [WII] The House of the Dead: Overkill (Sega)
49. [NDS] Freshly Picked Tingle’s Balloon Trip of Love (Nintendo)
50. [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
--. [ALL] Total Software Sales - 901.145 / 44.114.250

Media Create reports that good word of mouth and established popularity from TV advertising are the reasons for the continued high sales of Tomodatchi Collection. Many buyers are Animal Crossing: Wild World players, with many of them being female. Another reason it attracts many female users is the longer gameplay, which is considered one of the factors for the stabilized sales.

PS2, WII hit new lows and PSP has its 3rd lowest week ever. The PS3 numbers are worse even than those the-drill blog reported. Big difference with famitsu.
Code:
-----------------------------------------------
| tracker | week 1 | week 2 | week 3 | week 4 |
|---------------------------------------------|
| famitsu | 150.832|  54.289|  55.000|  50.000|
| m-create| 151.783|  55.344|  51.055|  39.960|
-----------------------------------------------

Many bombs this week but the clear winner is Gran Turismo. I hope those comments about Wii Fit Plus are jokes. It will perform similarly to Wii Sports Resort. In fact I bet that by the end of the week it will at least double the first day sales. There won't be a fight next week between Wii and PS3 but between Wii and PSP.

AniHawk

I didn't realize GT came out this week. Looks like it did a little better than the genre deserves, but far below other games. Should have legs, unfortunately.

AniHawk said:
A little from column b and a little from column b.
I completely killed a thread earlier... I didn't even mean too. One thing led to another and I'm standing over it with a hammer screaming semen.

Happens to the best of us I guess.

Alcibiades

Not surprised at Wii Fit Plus although I expect it might have legs as a impulse purchase and not really a strong start in the US either...

The truth is it's just an enhancement and not a new game. It's amazing how nobody was calling out Nintendo whenever they referred to it as a "major" release comparable to Smash Bros., Mario Kart, or the original Wii Fit in the first half of last year.

Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros. Wii DO fall into that epic-scale release category, but not a Wii Fit 1.1

Although it should still sell fine (heck most fitness games end up doing well) it's more like a replacement for Wii Fit than an entirely new release. Even without Wii Fit Plus, Wii Fit would have sold really well this holiday season, probably not much worse than if Plus hadn't been released (at least in terms of balance board sales). It'll be a hit as it racks up impulse $20 purchases but it isn't going to cause the same impact as the other two titles Nintendo keeps referring to as "major" releases.

Nintendo has 2 "major" titles for the holiday: Wii Sports Resort and NSMB Wii - that's it.

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Blizzard (Level 5) - 93,000 (52%)
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire (Level 5) - 80,000 (49%)
This is astonishingly good. Inazuma 2 could very well beat the first games LTD in its second week.

slaughterking said:
This is astonishingly good. Inazuma 2 could very well beat the first games LTD in its second week.
Well good for Level 5 then!

I'm always happy to see someone understand the market.

Pssst. I'll fill you in on a secret.

Most Japanese developers don't seem to understand their market this generation either. Don't tell anyone.

ITA84

I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about Inazuma Eleven 2: it's a sequel, which means it's going to be more front-loaded than the first one, which had impressively long legs. The two-version trick will help, but outselling the original is not a given.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu estimates for September were correct on Wii Fit Plus and Gran Turismo and completely off for Inazuma Eleven 2.

estimated first shipment / estimated final shipment / actual first shipment

[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) * 310K-440K / 1,80M+ / 315K
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) * 170K-240K / 220K-310K / 342K
[PSP] Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulation (SCE) * 160K-220K / 250K-320K / 170K

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) * 800K-960K / 1,00M-1,50M
[PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega) * 190K-240K / 210K-400K
[NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5) * 180K-250K / 510K-660K
[NDS] 4 Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) * 150K-210K / 150K-210K
[PS3] Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai) * 120K-170K / 150K-180K
[NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo) * 110K-130K / 150K-260K
[PS3] Bayonetta (Sega) * 110K-130K / 120K-160K
[PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus) * 90K-120K / 110K-160K
[WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei) * 80K-120K / 120K-170K
[PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club! 6: Pride of J (Sega) * 80K-110K / 140K-190K
[NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (Atlus) * 80K-110K / 90K-120K
[PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Universal Tuning (Square Enix) * 70K-100K / 110K-150K

Grampasso

OMG those GT first day sales are ATROCIUS. I thought that even with the lack of Career mode it could have at least a good first week and sink after, but this is quite unexpected to me. But now that I think of it, the game went from an instabuy to a nobuy the momento I knew there was no career... they stole the game heart this way. Waiting for GTPG with Career mode only. Would sell like 5x :D

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
ITA84 said:
I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about Inazuma Eleven 2: it's a sequel, which means it's going to be more front-loaded than the first one, which had impressively long legs. The two-version trick will help, but outselling the original is not a given.
What are you talking about? Inazuma Eleven has sold less than 400K. You don't believe that Inazuma Eleven 2 will outsell it?

ITA84

Grampasso said:
OMG those GT first day sales are ATROCIUS. I thought that even with the lack of Career mode it could have at least a good first week and sink after, but this is quite unexpected to me. But now that I think of it, the game went from an instabuy to a nobuy the momento I knew there was no career... they stole the game heart this way. Waiting for GTPG with Career mode only. Would sell like 5x :D

I don't usually follow racing games, but WHAT?!? GTP doesn't have a Career mode?! Might as well not call it Gran Turismo at all.

Grampasso

ITA84 said:
I don't usually follow racing games, but WHAT?!? GTP doesn't have a Career mode?! Might as well not call it Gran Turismo at all.
Unless you unlock it when you complete Arcade mode (hint: no) it's completely absent from the game.

ITA84

Chris1964 said:
What are you talking about? Inazuma Eleven has sold less than 400K. You don't believe that Inazuma Eleven 2 will outsell it?

I'm not saying that, it most likely will, but it will probably be only because of the two versions. How often does a sequel outsell the original, especially, when its release isn't too far away and it isn't too different in structure? I might have overlooked something about the game itself though.

Wii Fit Plus stand-alone price makes some funny comparisons. Like despite selling 108000 copies itself, each Inazuma version, Gran Turismo, Macross and even Ninja Gaiden made more revenue than it did. Actually, each Inazuma version on its own made more revenue than Wii Fit Plus combining its SA and BB versions. Macross also did the same. The board bundled version sold less than 10% of the stand alone version, but it made over 40% of its revenue.

Checking garaph, it seems its not the cheapest game ever but nearly so:
http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...id=&orderby=LaunchPrice+ASC&res1=&res2=&opt=1
Its price is the same as one branch of the Simple Series and the Famicom Mini games. Higher than some "the best" re-releases at 1800-1900Y. But the cheapest seems to be Space Invaders Anniversary for PS2 from Taito, just 1480Y.

But hey, Inazuma outsold Wii Fit Plus, Macross outsold Gran Turismo, and Ninja Gaiden outsold Musou Strikeforce. Nice.

onipex

Alcibiades said:
Not surprised at Wii Fit Plus although I expect it might have legs as a impulse purchase and not really a strong start in the US either...

The truth is it's just an enhancement and not a new game. It's amazing how nobody was calling out Nintendo whenever they referred to it as a "major" release comparable to Smash Bros., Mario Kart, or the original Wii Fit in the first half of last year.

Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros. Wii DO fall into that epic-scale release category, but not a Wii Fit 1.1

Although it should still sell fine (heck most fitness games end up doing well) it's more like a replacement for Wii Fit than an entirely new release. Even without Wii Fit Plus, Wii Fit would have sold really well this holiday season, probably not much worse than if Plus hadn't been released (at least in terms of balance board sales). It'll be a hit as it racks up impulse $20 purchases but it isn't going to cause the same impact as the other two titles Nintendo keeps referring to as "major" releases.

Nintendo has 2 "major" titles for the holiday: Wii Sports Resort and NSMB Wii - that's it.

I agree with you. The difference between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus is that Wii Fit Plus is not a casual game. The proof is in the sales. Nintendo was going for the core market so they are forgetting their roots. They forgot who got them this far and now it has come back to bite them in the ass.

Casual gamers don't care about the enhancements or new mini games. They have what they want in Wii Fit already. Wii Fit Plus will sell to those same gamers that picked up the Wii for MH3 so it will have good legs.

Edit: Forgot to mention:
/sarcasm

gkryhewy

WiiFit+ will obviously do massive numbers. Weren't sales geniuses decrying WSR's first-day sales as well? :lol

These games simply do not have heavy first days. Frankly I'm surprised that it's over 100k. I believe WSR only moved 40% of its initial shipment on the first day as well.

duckroll

ITA84 said:
I'm not saying that, it most likely will, but it will probably be only because of the two versions. How often does a sequel outsell the original, especially, when its release isn't too far away and it isn't too different in structure? I might have overlooked something about the game itself though.

How often? How about Layton every year? Another Level 5 DS franchise! :lol

Based on the latest Famitsu hardware numbers...
PSP comparisons: After 250 weeks, PSP is where PS2 was at 196.9 weeks (December 6, 2003), where DS was at 104.6 weeks (November 30, 2006), and where GBA was at 169.4 weeks (June 16, 2004).

X360 comparisons: After 198 weeks, X360 is where GCN was at 19.6 weeks (January 24, 2002), where PS3 was at 41.4 weeks (August 22, 2007), and where Wii was at 6.0 weeks (January 6, 2007).

PS3 comparisons: After 150 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 54.0 weeks (March 11, 2001), where PSP was at 80.2 weeks (June 20, 2006), where GCN was at 170.8 weeks (December 17, 2004), and where Wii was at 42.7 weeks (September 21, 2007).

Wii comparisons: After 147 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 103.0 weeks (March 9, 2003), where DS was at 79.0 weeks (June 4, 2006), where PS2 was at 124.0 weeks (July 14, 2002), and where PSP was at 172.7 weeks (March 28, 2008).

DSi comparisons: After 47 weeks, DSi is where GBASP was at 64.8 weeks (May 7, 2004) and where DSL was at 22.8 weeks (August 5, 2006).

Based on last week's Media Create hardware numbers...
DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 81.9 / 18.1 bring total shares to 68.5 / 31.5. If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 868.0 weeks (May 17, 2026).

X360 vs PS3: Weekly shares of 10.8 / 89.2 bring total shares to 24.1 / 75.9. If PS3 stopped selling and X360 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 502.7 weeks (Mah 17, 2019).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 77.3 / 22.7 bring total shares to 29.6 / 70.4. At this week's rates, PS3 would catch up to Wii in 174.6 weeks (February 1, 2013). If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 123.4 weeks (February 8, 2012).

Week over week, everything is down; DS and X360 almost imperceptibly so, though.
X360

Through the first thirty-nine weeks of the year, overall sales are down. However, the systems can be split into camps of 3 up and 3 down. Here's how the year-to-date year-over-year percents stand as of now.

Wii: -53.3%
DSL+DSi: +15.7%
PS2: -53.8%
PS3: +39.3%
PSP: -45.6%
X360: +60.7%

Home hardware: -28.7%
Portable hardware: -17.4%
Sum of all hardware: -22.0%

Last year:

This year:

Famitsu Software Stuff

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver (3698) don't reach 2 million this week. However, this second week's sales are actually bigger than what Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl did their second weeks, so needless to stay it's really continuing to cream the performance of FireRed and LeafGreen (1558). After two sales weeks, HG/SS are about where FR/LG were after twelve.

PS3 Tales of Vesperia (3703) in its first week beats out X360 Tales of Vesperia's (3153) LTD sales, and is actually the best Tales opening week since Tales of Destiny PS2 back in 2006.

Freaky-legs Tomodachi passes 1 million.
3609+-+Tomodachi+Collection+%28Friend+Collection%29+-+DS

Ys 7 (1519) has by far the best Ys opening within the scope of Garaph. However, it also seems to be the only charting non-remake.

Endless Ocean 2 (3709) has a first week almost identical to the first (47), both of which were well ahead of what Everblue (691) and Everblue 2 (Failure to chart) did.

Chris1964 said:
Yeah. Here's the original for a reminder:
3159+-+Inazuma+Eleven+-+DS

Those day one sales put it about where the original was after 4 months. Sequels get more front-loaded, sure, but it seems like this game would have to hit the emergency brakes to miss passing the original.
duckroll said:
How often? How about Layton every year? Another Level 5 DS franchise! :lol
Err, actually duckroll that would be a good example for him. The second and third Laytons started off much bigger, but neither has yet passed Curious Village (271).

Oxx

Chris1964 said:
Famitsu estimates for September were correct on Wii Fit Plus and Gran Turismo and completely off for Inazuma Eleven 2.

estimated first shipment / estimated final shipment / actual first shipment

[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) * 310K-440K / 1,80M+ / 315K
[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) * 170K-240K / 220K-310K / 342K
[PSP] Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulation (SCE) * 160K-220K / 250K-320K / 170K

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5) * 180K-250K / 510K-660K

I wonder if Famitsu will be similarly off with Level 5's other franchise.

660k seems pretty low compared to the other games.

duckroll

JoshuaJSlone said:
Err, actually duckroll that would be a good example for him. The second and third Laytons started off much bigger, but neither has yet passed Curious Village (271).

Oh, you're right. My bad. :(

duckroll

Nibelung Valesti said:
[PSP] Shadow of Memories (Konami) - 880 (12%)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:(

Why would you even expect a port of a very dated looking century old PS2 first-gen game, which didn't even really sell back then, to sell now? That's not even taking into account that it has pretty much zero marketing, and has zero sales appeal. It's not a franchise title, it's not a remake of a famous game, it doesn't have any notable staff on it, etc. Zzzzzzzz!

fanboi

Banned
duckroll said:
Why would you even expect a port of a very dated looking century old PS2 first-gen game, which didn't even really sell back then, to sell now? That's not even taking into account that it has pretty much zero marketing, and has zero sales appeal. It's not a franchise title, it's not a remake of a famous game, it doesn't have any notable staff on it, etc. Zzzzzzzz!

Oh, go eat a cookie.

Grampasso said:

Did this also release on the PSN store in Japan? Would not most f the sales come from the digital download instead of retail? How do you know this did not impact the media crate sales numbers? Without knowing what is sold through PSN I don't think we can call it a Bomb just yet. Does anyone track Digital sales in Japan?

duckroll said:
Given all of that... does anyone know what made Konami pick it to port? I mean, they literally had a hundred better-selling PS2 games. Which, even if we machete our way through seemingly-monthly installments of Winning Eleven and Power Pro, still leaves quite a few better options.
ThanosOTitan said:
Did this also release on the PSN store in Japan? Would not most f the sales come from the digital download instead of retail? How do you know this did not impact the media crate sales numbers? Without knowing what is sold through PSN I don't think we can call it a Bomb just yet. Does anyone track Digital sales in Japan?
It's definitely a big unknown, but as to the bolded bit: I don't see why that would be the case.

Nintendo needs to wisen the fuck up and buy out a struggling developer that Japan actually gives a flying fuck about.

No one over there seems to give a shit about Monolith Soft, Skip, or Brownie Brown, so cut the dead weight (ala Rare) and pick up some game developers that can make titles that sell on the Wii.

duckroll

JoshuaJSlone said:
Given all of that... does anyone know what made Konami pick it to port? I mean, they literally had a hundred better-selling PS2 games. Which, even if we machete our way through seemingly-monthly installments of Winning Eleven and Power Pro, still leaves quite a few better options.

Beats me. I actually like the title, and would have been interested if it was some sort of remake or expansion of the game in an attempt to create more adventure games like that on the PSP. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm remotely interested given how it's pretty much a straight port with very minor touch ups. Konami hasn't been making brilliant business decisions lately, so it's really hard to tell how this project ever got off the ground. It seems that outside of Kojima Productions, no one in Konami has half a brain anymore. :/

gkryhewy

NintendosBooger said:
Nintendo needs to wisen the fuck up and buy out a struggling developer that Japan actually gives a flying fuck about.

No one over there seems to give a shit about Monolith Soft, Skip, or Brownie Brown, so cut the dead weight (ala Rare) and pick up some game developers that can make titles that sell on the Wii.

Who could they buy that Japan would "actually care about"?

The sad thing is that Rare's 360 games would have sold quite well on Wii, IMO.

Grampasso

ThanosOTitan said:
I wouldn't be so sure of it in a region where second-hand market is a lot common as in Japan. Buying a digital copy will screw the customer, because if the product sucks he can't even resell it. Buying the actual copy will give them the possibility to try the game and return it to the vendor after a few days for nearly the same price they bought it, then if the game is good they can buy the digital copy for probably the same money they got back from the resell.

NintendosBooger said:

Sooo if people like them and they make great-selling games, why are they struggling?

duckroll

NintendosBooger said:

I don't think that's a fair statement to make at all. In fact, I will go ahead and say that regardless of what developer Nintendo buys out, nothing will change. The problem lies in how Nintendo treats first party titles in Japan not developed by Nintendo.

For years now, they have been experimenting with this "new" marketing concept, that for core games they do not need to market aggressively at all simply because core gamers like us will actively seek out information and buy the games anyway. They are wrong. We don't buy games blindly unless we like what we're seeing, and if you fail to market a game well, it will often backfire.

You can't say that Monolithsoft is a developer that "no one gives a fuck" about at all either. In fact, they just released two consecutive games on the DS for Bandai Namco which sold way more than Soma Bringer did. Both games had way more marketing than Soma Bringer did, and were recognizable brands. All things considered though, Soma Bringer didn't sell badly either, for a game with almost zero real marketing, it still did over 100k in Japan.

Brownie Brown is another example of a developer which Nintendo has basically under-used. Mind you, I think they're a shitty ass developer, but that doesn't mean they can't develop games that sell. They developed Mother 3 when there was a need for a developer with good 2D skills, and that sold well. They're now working with Level 5 on projects which will certainly make much more money than Magical Vacation games ever did.

What does this tell me? It tells me that it is not who Nintendo owns or works with that is the problem, but the fundamental issue of how Nintendo chooses not to promote their own core titles, when developed externally. This is a terrible attitude and honestly quite puzzling. You can see from how Nintendo treats Sin and Punishment 2, Endless Ocean, and the 10 or so other upcoming Nintendo published Wii games from third parties. Or rather, you can NOT see, since there's basically zero hype and zero attempts to actively promote them or provide new information.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Sooo if people like them and they make great-selling games, why are they struggling?

That's a great point too! :lol

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Do we have a current life to date of the first Inazuma 11? It was hanging around the top 30 until the middle of July, then suddenly it dropped to 39, and then 48 in the next week. By august it was gone. Seems odd to just die so suddenly. Could it have used up its shipment? Maybe there'll be a bump with 2 out.

Top Bottom