• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Guild Wars trilogy for 20 bucks is a steal. Everyone should get on it if they don't own it already. I spent 180 to get those games, and final expansion. :lol

19Kilo

legend166 said:
When I click on the Arma Collection it gives me an error. I'm in Australia.

Try clicking Add to Cart right from the Promo page; same happens for me when I try to view the game page.

UrbanRats

So i don't have a PC yet(building it :( )can i buy some of this games now, to download in a month or two when i get the last parts of my PC?

Tokubetsu

DennisK4 said:
Please don't get discouraged with the game if it seems strange at first. It plays really different than a regular FPS.

Also, please appreciate the ingame SSAA option plus the option to crank the graphical option so high they will crush any rig in existence.

Yep, this game has both MSAA and SSAA options. I like that.

One of the things I love is how you can actually change the resolution it renders at separate from the resolution you're playing at.

19Kilo

UrbanRats said:
So i don't have a PC yet(building it :( )can i buy some of this games now, to download in a month or two when i get the last parts of my PC?

Yes, you can download in the future whenever you want.

UrbanRats said:

Of course, you can download them whenever you want. Alternatively you could download the install files now and just transfer them over to you new PC and install them then. You're free to do with the files as you wish.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Wonder if i can e-mail them and explain how it was $2. and now im trying to be charged $5 and act all sad, because really i am :(

I dont post on CAG for no reason. Im a cheap ass.

Dipswitch

Zefah said:
If your PC is in the same area... then it is most likely a simple matter of investing in a long cord. I can't possibly imagine why you would prefer to play it on the 360, especially on such a big screen. Play it in a resolution that can actually take advantage of that size and get much higher quality visuals and performance at the same time. I doubt you'll find GTAIV for $7.50 on the 360 either. High-res PC gaming on a massive screen is amazing man. Spend a little bit of cash and take some time to get it set up and you will not regret it.

Christ - Gaffers are the worst enablers :D. GTA IV and Manhunt 2 bought. Now I just need a cord extender for my wired 360 controller and a 20 ft HDMI cable......

UrbanRats

Damn, had problem with all the phone PIN stuff(kept saying my phone number wasn't valid, but damn i KNOW my own phone number :D) .. contacted the support, hope they'll be able to help before the deals are over..
I was going for ArmA gold collection & The Path.

Baloonatic said:
And as it was mentioned earlier it's only €4.95 from the European store. Completely insane.
Whoa, can't believe I missed this. I'll definitely give this game a shot for that price... not sure if it's my type of game, but it interests me enough to give it a try.

Salacious Crumb

Fuck IP Restrictions in their outdated little faces. It seems that if I really wanted to play Manhunt 2 (which I don't), my only option would be to pirate it.

Siegfried

Is there any way around the IP filter? I live in Brazil and could not get Neverwinter Nights 2 last week, but now GTA 4 is 7 bucks and I really want this one :(

Is there any hope for me? Receiving it as a gift from someone outside Brazil will do? Will D2D let the person gift it to me and would I be able to download it later using their client?

Damn these restrictions! If I wanted to pirate the game I would be done in 5 minutes, but because I really like it and want a legit copy I have to endure all this pain.

Salacious Crumb

Is there a kind soul out there who would be willing to gift me Manhunt 2 and SupCom Gold. If you use the UK store you can save a few dollars. Of course you'll be fully reimbursed plus a couple of extra dollars for your effort.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

JDS 1977

Banned
I'd never really heard of Infernal before. I played some of the demo and it seems pretty fun.
I wish it had gamepad support since I'm used to that for the "duck & cover" 3rd person type games.

I wonder if xpadder or something could be used well enough. But it still seems kinda fun for a not very popular game if you want some basic shooter fun.

Siegfried

So, the gifting does work? Could someone help me too with GTA? I'll pay back or gift another game in return in steam or D2D. :D

Slavik81

JDS 1977 said:
I'd never really heard of Infernal before. I played some of the demo and it seems pretty fun.
I wish it had gamepad support since I'm used to that for the "duck & cover" 3rd person type games.

I wonder if xpadder or something could be used well enough. But it still seems kinda fun for a not very popular game if you want some basic shooter fun.
<3 Infernal

May or may not be a spoiler. I have no idea.
But it was one of my favourite parts of CGW Radio.

sublime085 said:
Is it just me or did Aaaa!!! go up in price to $5?

Damn, I knew I should have bought it before I went to class.
Wow, I'm lucky I picked it up when I did.

I wish we had Arma Gold on sale in the US.

slamskank

I got GTA4 and Men of War for 10$, awesome. D2D is really killing steam in sales as of late, and I don't mind at all since I can install the games to somewhere other than C:\, steam really needs to fix that (installing to different drives).

Red

slamskank said:
I got GTA4 and Men of War for 10$, awesome. D2D is really killing steam in sales as of late, and I don't mind at all since I can install the games to somewhere other than C:\, steam really needs to fix that (installing to different drives).
Not sure I understand the issue. You can move your entire Steam folder to any drive you want. Easiest way I've found is to delete all files in the Steam folder except for Steam.exe and steamapps. Then you just move your Steam folder wherever you want it, start up the program, and have it rebuild itself in a new location. Unless you were talking about moving just individual games, in which case the solution involves creating junction points and is a little more complicated.

onken

Neat, might check out Manhunt 2 uncut, I actually quite liked the first game.

Crunched said:
Not sure I understand the issue. You can move your entire Steam folder to any drive you want. Easiest way I've found is to delete all files in the Steam folder except for Steam.exe and steamapps. Then you just move your Steam folder wherever you want it, start up the program, and have it rebuild itself in a new location..

Or just move the folder and delete ClientRegistry.blob

For Impulse users, East India Company can be bought on D2D and then registered through Impulse, giving you the option to download from either store.

Shaneus

Damnit, GTA4 and Manhunt 2 are blocked here in AU. Would anyone care to arrange to gift those to my D2D account? PM if you can... t'would be appreciated! Or if you have any other methods to get around it, that would be awesome too :)

onken

Well anyone else tempted by Manhunt 2: don't bother.

- runs like shit on my E8400 + HD5750, I think there's a framerate cap and no obvious way to remove it, criminal considering how primitive the graphics are
- no joypad support (even though the first one did) and you can't even customise keyboard/mouse controls bar a choice of two layouts
- execution mouse gestures are really hit and miss

Urgh, I paid 3 quid and still feel cheated.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Just bought Men of War Red Tide and Eufloria.

Every single one of you motherfathers need to buy Men of War.

Best RTS/action game ever.

Fëanor

chespace said:

Makes me want to vomit. Fucking voice over nearly ruins the game for me. Its a good game though.:lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Fëanor said:
Makes me want to vomit. Fucking voice over nearly ruins the game for me. Its a good game though.:lol

I would say the awful voiceover is very negligible.

If you could stand playing any of the STALKER games, you can probably stomach the VO here, since it's arguably better.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Bought Men of War even though I hate RTS games, lol. I'm going to have a MASSIVE backlog when I get the money to build a new PC.

Asparagus

Gutted I can't get Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 to work, it won't even run in Virtual PC and VM Ware, complains about a debugger being in the memory the finicky bastard.

Kayhan said:
So I got East India Company, anybody on gaf play this game?

It's not bad for a trading sim, but even after the patch that got rid of port view it's a bit clunky. I also find trading the same route in general over the course of the game a bit boring. Patrician 3 (available on GoG!) is a better game, and only for twice the price at the moment.

Metalic Sand said:
SMH, I was about to buy it too.

Oh ffs...honestly, I paid $20 for it and feel it was worth that. The developers are hilarious! Buy it!

Best base jumping game ever :D

JDS 1977

Banned
Hey does anyone know what the differences are between "Infernal" & "Infernal Uncensored"?
They both seem to be rated M. So is there a list of changes anywhere?

I'm mainly curious as I can get the boxed copy for around the same price as the D2D uncensored version but don't want to miss out on any extra evil awesome or something.

I'm thinking about the Guild Wars, never purchased an MMO, just played a few times at my friend's place and stuff.

How are the graphics for the game now? Are there still people playing this game?

Oh man nice.... nabbed Supreme Commander for $7 always wanted to try that game :D

I've had great experiences with D2D so far... in fact I just bought Borderlands from them last week. I picked up NWN2 for $5 on their boxing day sale along with some others as well, so far no problems with them at all.

I'm looking forward to the next two weeks of sales!

19Kilo

kswiston said:
Wow, ARMA I and ARMA II for $7 Canadian after exchange. I need to take advantage of the EU/UK stores more often!

Yeah that package is turning out to be the best gaming deal I've had in a looooong time. Amazing.

Dipswitch

onken said:
Well anyone else tempted by Manhunt 2: don't bother.

- runs like shit on my E8400 + HD5750, I think there's a framerate cap and no obvious way to remove it, criminal considering how primitive the graphics are
- no joypad support (even though the first one did) and you can't even customise keyboard/mouse controls bar a choice of two layouts
- execution mouse gestures are really hit and miss

Urgh, I paid 3 quid and still feel cheated.

Yeah - I found these things out myself. The lack of game controller options is criminal. The inability to customize even the keyboard controls is the evil icing on the cake. It's the very definition of a lazy port.

I'm not even feeling the tension that was present right from the get go in the first game. Shame really - the first game was quite good.

JDS 1977 said:
Hey does anyone know what the differences are between "Infernal" & "Infernal Uncensored"?
They both seem to be rated M. So is there a list of changes anywhere?

I'm mainly curious as I can get the boxed copy for around the same price as the D2D uncensored version but don't want to miss out on any extra evil awesome or something.

JDS 1977 said:
was hoping someone knew the answer to my question. So confused!

I tried searching to see if I will be able to come up with something but nope, sorry.

chespace said:

I need somebody to explain this game to me, I've bought it and trying to play it is like trying to speak a foreign language. All my hours playing CoH doesn't seem to translate at all, I can't even beat the first level.

Top Bottom