• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL | OT | It's a M@STERPIECE

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there a plan to eventually release an iDOLM@STER game in english ?
Best bet is probably a hashtag campaign because honestly I doubt most professional outlets will speak on our behalf on this issue. You really need to show Bamco there is enough interest to localise this game/series.

I'm really glad conversations don't seem to screw you over if you fail them.
Sometimes having to make a split-second choice thinking you answered correctly, just to see it wasn't what the idol wanted then fail/get maluses to your progression was one point I had some problems with in past games.

I'll have to check a wiki and see what other mechanics there are apart from dance minigames and the vending machine choices.

I'll get OFA sometime before end of July, so I can get it at the reduced price of 7650 yen on the SEN Store.

Ultimadrago

Best bet is probably a hashtag campaign because honestly I doubt most professional outlets will speak on our behalf on this issue. You really need to show Bamco there is enough interest to localise this game/series.

Oy! Oy! What would the hashtag be?

mcz117chief

I wonder. How many pages of text do you think iM@S games have ? I translate technical manuals and legislative documents and can usually do one full A4 page in less than an hour, so per day I can do about 12-15 pages. So I am thinking, if there is like 200 pages of text then it could be done by a team of say 5 in 3-4 days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder. How many pages of text do you think iM@S games have ? I translate technical manuals and legislative documents and can usually do one full A4 page in less than an hour, so per day I can do about 12-15 pages. So I am thinking, if there is like 200 pages of text then it could be done by a team of say 5 in 3-4 days.
It's not just translating, sometime you have to come up with completely new meanings because it's a pun or refers to a figure of speech that makes no sense in English (or whatever language you are translating to). Also you have to programme it into the game and since you've fiddled with the code you have to also bug test.

mcz117chief

It's not just translating, sometime you have to come up with completely new meanings because it's a pun or refers to a figure of speech that makes no sense in English (or whatever language you are translating to). Also you have to programme it into the game and since you've fiddled with the code you have to also bug test.

Oh, I see, thanks for the info :)

StayDead

Just so everyone knows, if like me you're not cool enough to have your copy of OFA yet, you can still download the Stardust Memories costume free of charge if you have a Japanese PSN account (even without owning the game):

clicky

DMTfhQC.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm really glad conversations don't seem to screw you over if you fail them.
Sometimes having to make a split-second choice thinking you answered correctly, just to see it wasn't what the idol wanted then fail/get maluses to your progression was one point I had some problems with in past games.

I'll have to check a wiki and see what other mechanics there are apart from dance minigames and the vending machine choices.

I'll get OFA sometime before end of July, so I can get it at the reduced price of 7650 yen on the SEN Store.

There's still perfect communications that you have to get though. So if you want to get affection up faster, you're going to have to do some stuff correctly. Last night I ran into the touch based ones and got Yukiho's correctly because I understood it. For the life of me I couldn't get Miki's so I settled for Good.

But yeah, no penalty luckily. Just you still want to get the better rewards.

Stuart444

Getting to see all 13 girls perform on stage at once is awesome. Hopefully they allow that in future games with more songs. :D

Good numbers from Neptunia Producing Perfection game, and success of the Love Live app to could bode well.

Didn't they already release English Idolm@ster on iPad a while back?

m0t0k1

Good numbers from Neptunia Producing Perfection game, and success of the Love Live app to could bode well.

Didn't they already release English Idolm@ster on iPad a while back?

Yes but that is not a "real" idolmaster game. The ones on ipad are the same as on psp rhythm games with idolmaster in it instead of idol sim management game with rhythm elements. I hope those ios games did good so they get interested in bringing more of the brand over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes but that is not a "real" idolmaster game. The ones on ipad are the same as on psp rhythm games with idolmaster in it instead of idol sim management game with rhythm elements. I hope those ios games did good so they get interested in bringing more of the brand over.
They didn't even release them in the UK. >:T Not that I'd pay that ridiculous amount for an iOS game.

m0t0k1

They didn't even release them in the UK. >:T Not that I'd pay that ridiculous amount for an iOS game.

Same in the Netherlands so i guess it is only avaible in the US? I got one shiny festa game on my psp but buying 3 games at full price that time was just crazy i still would love to play the other 2 though :(.

Accoun

Just so everyone knows, if like me you're not cool enough to have your copy of OFA yet, you can still download the Stardust Memories costume free of charge if you have a Japanese PSN account (even without owning the game):

Done. I'm actually pretty suprised that I remembered the correct details for my JP account (I had like 4 different ones).
Also, I actually checked the e-mail account connected to it and found lots of "we blocked a login attempt from China" warnings for a connected account that I apparently last used in 2007 and forgot about...

DiGiKerot

Same in the Netherlands so i guess it is only avaible in the US? I got one shiny festa game on my psp but buying 3 games at full price that time was just crazy i still would love to play the other 2 though :(.

It is (or at was, when I last checked) available in France as well.

StayDead

For anyone who can't play the games but like the music, I recommend these three cool albums.

THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS+ GRE@TEST BEST! -SWEET&SMILE!-
THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS+ GRE@TEST BEST! -COOL&BITTER!-
THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS+ GRE@TEST BEST! -LOVE&PEACE!-

There's also this one for the Cindarella Girls girls.

THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 1st LIVE WONDERFUL M@GIC!!

They can be bought from the usual vendors still.

rpmurphy

clicky
By the way, I don't exactly understand how PSN works, but if I download the DLC on my JP account, does the content work when playing as my US account on the same console?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out... I guess I wasn't seeing my DLC items until I downloaded the catalog.

Skwerl

For anyone who can't play the games but like the music, I recommend these three cool albums.

For those who are getting into im@s music:
Eden, Nemurihime, Yakusoku and Little Match Girl
DONT MISS THOSE 4 SONGS.

Rhapsody

Banned
I have too many favorites from the albums. For the anime, obviously it'll be Ready, Jibun REST@RT, Yakusoku Marionette no Kokoro.
For the Chihaya songs, you can't go wrong. Aoi Tori, (and again) Yakusoku, and Arcadia were all good.

Little Match Girl, Kosmos Cosmos, Taiyou no Jealousy, Eden are other good ones. I find the Perfect Idol ones pretty cool to listen to. Basically remixes done in a different genre. Relations done in jazz was nice. All the Master Artist albums are worth giving a listen too.

rpmurphy

Well, Project Diva got an English release, so anything is possible. Hopefully Namco wakes up and smells the coffee one day.
I have very little faith considering it's Namco, but hey, Project X Zone somehow was localized, so maybe sometime in the next decade, they'll finally do it. I'm sure enough people will have their wallets wide open to buy hundreds of dollars of DLC to make it worth the effort.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But no READY or Go My Way.

You should mention the forth one, THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS+ GRE@TEST BEST! -THE IDOLM@STER HISTORY-, that does have them.

Stuart444

Well, Project Diva got an English release, so anything is possible. Hopefully Namco wakes up and smells the coffee one day.

Can't compare. Just like people saying "Sega localized Project Diva instead of Yakuza" can't be compared.

These games have a shit load more text than Project Diva plus load of voice acting (which requires being licensed for a western release).

Stuart444

Out of curiosity, why do they have to license the VA? Don't they already own it?

Contracts with the VAs (or more likely, their agents/managers/those type of people).

Their contracts will have the specific details which most likely include the country that are licensed to use their VA, in this case Japan. Contracts would need to be renegotiated for release outside of Japan so the VAs can get paid for their work.

It's a whole bunch of legal stuff basically.

m0t0k1

But no READY or Go My Way.

You should mention the forth one, THE IDOLM@STER 765PRO ALLSTARS+ GRE@TEST BEST! -THE IDOLM@STER HISTORY-, that does have them.

This one is the best because it has Watashi-tachi wa Zutto... Deshou?

Stuart444

This one is the best because it has Watashi-tachi wa Zutto... Deshou?

Another one of the songs I wished was in this game. But you can't even 'produce' DLC songs (though you can select them during bits like the All Star Lives/Rank up Festivals) so even if they had them as DLC, it would only work at a few events in the game.

Oh well.

Thanks for the recommendations, and Nice avatar ;)

m0t0k1

Another one of the songs I wished was in this game. But you can't even 'produce' DLC songs (though you can select them during bits like the All Star Lives/Rank up Festivals) so even if they had them as DLC, it would only work at a few events in the game.

Oh well.

Did they not change that in One for All. I hope they did that ahh well. They are going to announce new DLC every month i believe? So we still have hope it can come in the game.

One day I will play one of these games.....and finally discover which one of these girls is the trap that I keep hearing about awhile back. I just want to see which one will shock me the most. :p

I was actually surprised that Ranko was the Cinderella Girl chosen and not Rin XD.. <3 Rin.

But I'm sure we'll see more Cinderella Girls/Million Live girls as DLC (not all though, that'd be INSANE).

On the songs I wish were in front.. Agent Yoru o Yuku, Relations, Little Match Girl, Aoi Tori too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One day I will play one of these games.....and finally discover which one of these girls is the trap that I keep hearing about awhile back. I just want to see which one will shock me the most. :p

The answer is Makoto.

Serious answer, it's Ryo Akizuki from iM@S Dearly Stars (DS).

Accoun

I find the Perfect Idol ones pretty cool to listen to. Basically remixes done in a different genre. Relations done in jazz was nice.

Tonari Ni... was an interesting one. The rearrange doesn't really come off as a sad song (which it is supposed to be), but the original is IMO a cheap tearjerker (I guess you could say it fits the character :p) and in the end I prefer the Jazz version.
Also, the House version of Jitensha is infinitely better than the original. And the original songs from these CDs are really good as well.

And as someone said, MASTER ARTIST. Partly because there's a cover song on each one and some are really good: Takane's Tsuki No Waltz, Miki's Namida No Hurricane, Chihaya's Tori No Uta, Azusa's Whiskey Ga, Osuki Desho and probably many more (leave alone f. ex. the Bakemonogatari cover EP).

Ultimadrago

I have actually been spending some free time looking into most the im@s albums. In no particular order:

Futari no Kioku,
READY!! (Major bonus points for Jazz Iori version),
Koisuru Mikata,
Slapp Happy!!!,
Smoky Thrill,
Coffee no Ippai Image,
Nemuri Hime,
Positive!,
relations (Bonus points for *grumble Miki mumble* Jazz version),
Daisuki!,
Hibiki's cover of "Believe",
Brand New Day!,
The world is all one!!,
Sunny,
Tonari Ni (Major bonus points for Jazz Azusa version),
arcadia (Major bonus points for Bossa Nova Chihaya version),
Danketsu 2010 mostly for Ami's perverted coment. Thanks DiGiKerot!) and
"Thank You!"

are all the knees of the bees. Great material.

Special guests (a.k.a. Devil's Advocate Choices): Alice or Guilty by Jupiter (Seriously how did they only get one album and get a good hit out of it? Male power.), Xenoglossia's Dream Shift (I've never seen it, but I hear it's the black sheep of Im@s that "doesn't exist"
chansub-global-emotickoaqm.png
),

I'm not close to finished going through them all yet, but at this point most are just variations of older tunes between different idols. Looking forward to hearing some of my favorite Cinderella Girls' albums once I hit that. Just got done ranking my favorites (minus Team 765 girls) after going through all their truncated profiles (too many of 'em!).

I really like this thread not because of the game though I am interested in this

But because of how people support banco and hate them at the same time you guys rock lol

I just want to say thanks for recommending this. Fun game despite having only 20 songs. I guess the high quality videos take up most of the space on the disk.
They actually released 3 versions of the game with different idols and songs. Worth trying the other two if you've enjoyed one of them (particularly since they have some cross save compatibility).

I'm not close to finished going through them all yet, but at this point most are just variations of older tunes between different idols. Looking forward to hearing some of my favorite Cinderella Girls' albums once I hit that.

Definitely try all of the Master Special and Master Artist albums, there are some absolute gems in there for each idol which are considered their image songs but have never been in any Idolmaster game. My personal favourites are Ritsuko's livE, Azusa's Mythmaker and Iori's DIAMOND. There are some absolutely amazing covers on there too like Ritsuko's version of Best Friend.

I was also fairly surprised to learn today that DREAM was released many, many years ago on the best of 765+876 album and this is the first appearance in a game. You can grab the full 5:17 version of the song from that album.

Anyway my copy arrived today and I've been playing it virtually non-stop. Really enjoying it so far.

They actually released 3 versions of the game with different idols and songs. Worth trying the other two if you've enjoyed one of them (particularly since they have some cross save compatibility).
I already got the one with Chihaya and Azusa so whatevs!
Nah I'll give Groovy Tune a shot well.

Top Bottom