• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

I never thought I'd see the day when a Cho Aniki game came stateside, especially on a Nintendo console. I suppose this one's relatively tame compared to later games, but still, it's a shocker.

Masked Man

I said wow
DavidDayton said:
There are some forms of censorship which even GAF can support........right? RIGHT?

gameschoani.gif

Pure comedic gold right there. It would be a shame to lose it! It's just a case of, "If you don't like it, don't [buy] it."

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Diomedeskun said:
I never thought I'd see the day when a Cho Aniki game came stateside, especially on a Nintendo console. I suppose this one's relatively tame compared to later games, but still, it's a shocker.

After doing some game review skimming, I will admit that the first game looks far less.......something.... in comparison to the later ones.

Ranger X

shooterz... zzz

Once i bought the 89 first one that did pop the other 245 are tiring. But hey, what can i do when like 80% of the TG-16 library was shooters.

I wish we got some SMS, NeoGeo or that they'd bring some C64. I need to discover something NEW.

Redd

They ever going to release TMNT II and Double Dragon II on the VC? I would like to play the sequels to the two games already up there since my NES won't power up anymore.

Redd said:
They ever going to release TMNT II and Double Dragon II on the VC? I would like to play the sequels to the two games already up there since my NES won't power up anymore.
I wouldn't hold your breath on TMNT II unless they bring out another movie, due to the licensing difficulties.

Redd

Sucks about TMNT II. It had such great stages like the Skate board level, The Park, and the Dojo with the Tigers that came out of the Wall. What about Double Dragon II? I want to play some two player Co-Op instead of the I play a level then my friend plays one in Double Dragon.

kassatsu

Banned
radcliff said:
Anyone having issue with Megaman on VC? I have beaten the game twice and each time I do the game crashes when Wily falls from his UFO. Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?
Do you get knocked back into the stage? If so that is in the original version of the game as well.

Redd said:
Sucks about TMNT II. It had such great stages like the Skate board level, The Park, and the Dojo with the Tigers that came out of the Wall. What about Double Dragon II? I want to play some two player Co-Op instead of the I play a level then my friend plays one in Double Dragon.
I'm sure Double Dragon II will come sooner or later.

stuminus3

Well, fuck. I want to complain that the VC sucks in NA, but they just won't let me. Fuck you Nintendo, I want to complain. Why don't you listen to your fans?

HUELEN10

I downloaded Cho Aniki. I want to kill myself. It was actually..... fun as a shooter, and that scares the crap outta me.

stuminus3 said:
Why don't you listen to your fans?
Well, we just got Ys and SMRPG within a very short time span, and those were clamored for for a long time. It seems like Nintendo is content to maintain the status quo for a little while and then release the big guns, or rather the fan favourites. We're just too wound up on GAF when we see a constant stream of shit or obscurity, and I'm also guilty of being a hardass when it comes to this. As long as we have some consistency with the good interspersed with the shit, I can handle the disappointment come Monday.

Redd

Segata Sanshiro said:
I wouldn't hold your breath on TMNT II unless they bring out another movie, due to the licensing difficulties.

Ahh good to know about Double Dragon II. So why is it so difficult to get TMNT II on VC since TMNT is already up there? It can't be because of all the Pizza Hut advertising or maybe different companies have the TMNT license?

radcliff

kassatsu said:
Do you get knocked back into the stage? If so that is in the original version of the game as well.

The first time I beat him, yes. I was hit as I destroyed his UFO and the hit backed me up a bit to the far left of the screen. But not on the 2nd time. Although, I was at the far left fo the screen when I beat him. I'll try again and try to be as close the the right of the screen when I beat him. Thanks for the info.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Huzzah! Final Soldier has arrived! It's great to finally see it on the North American Virtual Console. I've been anticipating it for a long time now. The Star Soldier series is great and I'm glad I was able to experience it on the VC even if I missed out back in the day.

As for Cho Aniki...I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised it even came out in North America. From what I've read, outside of the aesthetic, Cho Aniki isn't anything special as a shooter anyway. Still, I really have to wonder what they were thinking with that art style...

Capndrake

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Hmmm, Cho-Aniki. I think I might download this to prove how comfortable I am with my sexuality. How many blocks does it consume?
148 in Europe. Should be a bit less in the US, probably 135-ish.

Really when you compare this game to the later releases(especially the Saturn/PSX version) Cho-Aniki PCE comes off as rather quaint.

Sure you've got the half-naked dudes and muscles in places and on things where there probably shouldn't be muscles but it's not nearly as wacked out as what you'll see in the later games.

Or hell somebody could put Gynoug/Wings of Wor up on the VC, which features a massive penis as one of the bosses.

I just completed A Link to Past. Doesn't "...And the Master Swords sleeps... FOREVER!" throw a wrench into the whole LoZ timeline? It'd have to be last.

The key to understanding the timeline is the Master Sword.

TheGrayGhost said:
I just completed A Link to Past. Doesn't "...And the Master Swords sleeps... FOREVER!" throw a wrench into the whole LoZ timeline? It'd have to be last.

The statement suggests that Ganon is dead and the Master Sword no longer needs to be used. Which turned out to be false.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
gray_fox224 said:
Oh man, Sam Sho II is so good!

The memories are flowing back. Who's playing this?

I would if it wasn't so fucking terrible thanks to the usual "palcrap" version they've decided to rob my 900 points over... soooo pissed, still.

Cheerilee

TheGrayGhost said:

It depends on what kind of timeline you want to believe in. For instance, I always believed that the timeline went...

OoT > MM > (some untold story of the adult Hero of Time) >>> LTTP > Link's Awakening >>> Zelda 1 > Zelda 2

And that the Master Sword was never able to completely defeat Ganon so long as he had the Triforce of Power, which made him immortal. Zelda 1's Link only had the Magic Sword, not the Master Sword, but he still managed to get the Triforce of Power away from Ganon using Zelda's Triforce of Wisdom (at which point, any weapon would do), and sealed the deal in Zelda 2 by inheriting his own Triforce of Courage and giving Zelda hers back.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

radcliff

TheGrayGhost said:

In Japan, ALTTP always came after LOZ and AOL. It got messed up in the US translation.

Top Bottom