• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

polyh3dron said:
Only questionable track from the snippets is Made In America.

Everything else goes HAAAAAAARD.
Yeah Made in America had a bit too much "Oh Baby Jesus!"

But it seems like it could be a good emotional song for Ye.

The M.O.B

1 million pre-orders.......That is CRAZY if true.
31-Roc-Boyz.gif

Just heard those snippets....I don't know what to think really, I guess what I heard was alright? I don't think I'll like this album after the first couple of listens....it'd have to grow onto me.

Just heard the snippets. Seems a little "harder" than I would have liked based on Otis. I'll reserve judgement until the actual album, but I like a lot of Kanye's warm, fun beats if that makes sense. These sounded a bit too in your face.

kodecraft

Expendable. said:
Just heard the snippets. Seems a little "harder" than I would have liked based on Otis. I'll reserve judgement until the actual album, but I like a lot of Kanye's warm, SOULFUL beats if that makes sense. These sounded a bit too in your face.

I fixed it for you....i know what you were trying to say. I feel the same way.

O..my....God....

No church in the wild and Murder to excellence sound fucking amazing....especially murder to excellence.....that song might end up being my favorite song of the year.

kodecraft said:
I fixed it for you....i know what you were trying to say. I feel the same way.

There it is. Listening to the snippets again though, we pretty much only get Jay-Z, so that could change I suppose.

Smeghead

Gonna see if i can hold out 'till friday.

If i get the iTunes version i won't end up double dipping for the physical so i may as well hold out.

Ashhong

oh damn I forgot that there are bonus tracks. that means there will be songs I haven't been listening to all night! yessss

Not sure how I feel about the snippets. I still don't like Otis, that's for sure.

I'm definitely feeling the track where Jay-Z was talking about Ferris Bueller and a few other ones. I guess I'll wait for the whole thing.

Edit:

WHO GON' STOP ME, HUH?

BLACK CARS

BLACK CARS

BLACK ON BLACK

BLACK BRAS

-_-

Beezy

Ashhong said:
4. iTunes digital release first. Allowed them to delay physical disc pressing, which is where an album almost always gets leaked.

I might have missed something.
I'm sure all the copies aren't being pressed and shipped after the digital release, so that still doesn't explain why it didn't leak. Something else was done.

Ashhong

Beezy said:
I'm sure all the copies aren't being pressed and shipped after the digital release, so that still doesn't explain why it didn't leak. Something else was done.

They probably sent it to get pressed/shipped not too long ago with the mentality that IF it were to get leaked from the manufacturing facility, it wouldn't even matter.

Think of it this way, a lot of albums and such get leaked about a week before release, which is right about now. I think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was this way. So no, I don't think theres that much more to it. Just the usual security at the facilities.

So I have four versions of this album

Physical Deluxe

The Digital version that came with the deluxe

The Digital version that came with my concert tickect
Itunes pre order :-(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wanda/Wander said:
So I have four verions of this album

Physical Deluxe

lol.

snack

Wanda/Wander said:
So I have four verions of this album

Physical Deluxe

You're just missing this now.

SANTAS%20THRONE%20%201.32%20X%200.78%20X%200.50%20%A3225.00.jpg

DominoKid

zychi said:
ditto. only heard ham and otis.

yep. it was very difficult to hold out. luckily i wasnt around a computer when the snippets dropped or i would've ruined it. i think i can wait 8 more hours.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
The duet rap album of the year is already out there fellas.
The only possible other album you could be suggesting is Hell: The Sequel.

In which case, it was aight, but I have higher expectations for WTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom