• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
What controller setups(sensitivity,layout,ect.) do you plan on using?

I always find myself sticking with default, but was wondering if anyone found setups that better suited Destiny. I want to suck less in the crucible....

i had to crank up the sensitivity to 10 in the alpha/beta. as for the layout I just went with GreenThumb, I could see a bumper jumper setup being much more suited to this game though.

Last one.
iJgRZYuUFoJ6B.gif

Is that a Hunter or Titan?

First day back to college after my short break transitioning from Summer to Fall semesters, first thing me and my buddies talk about isn't even about our break. It was Destiny and how each of us plans to go about it next Tuesday after our lectures ahaha.

Pretty sure it's just gonna be a short live-action trailer.

Don't get excited for in-game feature announcements; I think we already know all of them by now unfortunately.

I was hoping something special for those who were in the Alpha and the Beta.

I am still upset I missed the emblem from the Beta, camping always wins.

Cuphead

Banned
Virtually nonexistent. Never go to Best Buy for day one games. They almost always never have whatever game you're looking for. A collector's edition? Just forget about it.

Depends on how busy that bestbuy is, the one by me is always empty even on release days. If your bestbuy is not doing a midnight launch you should be fine.

So after Newsweekin' it, I think my three are set:
Female Awoken Titan
Female Exo Hunter
Male Human Warlock

Do all six race/gender combos have their own voice acting?

Also, can you change/edit your head looks (but not gender/race, obvs) after you start?

biezel

Agreed, although I'm not taking any days off and I had ordered from Amazon (never had issues in the past), I want to be locked and loaded when I get back Tuesday and ready to binge. My UPS driver sometimes arrives at 8ish...no dice on that noise.

Son of a...just got a text from my wife that her brother-in-law will be in town the 8th through the 11th and we are going to have dinner. UGH...I'm begging her to say we are only available on the 8th.

Yeah I never see UPS before 5, and if it's the shitty regional delivery all bets are off. Just want to get home from work at 5 and go right into orbit.

Can't you just have them over to eat dinner in front of the TV like normal people???

Lotto

I think I'm gonna get this game. Looks like a fun game to go in
kinda
blind. I say that because I watched a bit of my friends play it.

Namikaze1

I think my eyesight might be bad cause it looks like that Titan kneed that big guy's head off.

Anyway, punching is so overrated. Gonna knee the hell out of everything in sight! >:D

Grewitch

Edit: Looks like everyone is saying that missed stuff goes to the Postmaster, so I'll keep an eye out. That said, I know I missed a green one that dropped during the Devil Walker since it was up in that window where that sniper is and I couldn't get to it. I checked the Postmaster and he didn't have anything for me.

Kept it for himself, cheeky bastard.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So after Newsweekin' it, I think my three are set:
Female Awoken Titan
Female Exo Hunter
Male Human Warlock

Do all six race/gender combos have their own voice acting?

Also, can you change/edit your head looks (but not gender/race, obvs) after you start?

Which will you play first? I envy those who made their class choice so easily.

Marvel

could never
I haven't locked in my race and class combo's yet appearance wise.

Exo to me look the best but I dislike their dance (shock horror) but down the line there will probably be DLC dances to fix that for me. Then there's the weird thought I have of... isn't an Exo Warlock going to look a little weird?

How do robots have space magic?

I did like my Awoken Wooflock but hated the hair choices.

Mine revolves around one thing:

Are there beards?

If yes, Human Male Hunter, Gunslinger
If no, Awoken Female Hunter, Gunslinger

My Isabeau was a Female Awoken, and she had a beard, look at Gutz' avatar. Male humans are the ones who don't have them, beards are exclusive to Exos and female Awoken.
LOL no one gets beards... :'(

Nodnol

I haven't locked in my race and class combo's yet appearance wise.

Exo to me look the best but I dislike their dance (shock horror) but down the line there will probably be DLC dances to fix that for me. Then there's the weird thought I have of... isn't an Exo Warlock going to look a little weird?

How do robots have space magic?

I did like my Awoken Wooflock but hated the hair choices.

See, the way I see it.

Human Hunter.
Awoken Warlock.
Exo Titan.

Which will you play first? I envy those who made their class choice so easily.

THAT…is a very difficult question.

A female Exo is just going to look so insanely cool. BUT the Warlock would basically be modeled to match me, so, the short answer is

AAAAAA I HAVE NO IDEA

LAA

Damn...That Hunter bladedancer class has me in doubt between Hunter/Titan.

I was sure of Titan in the beta... I do like both, all of them even, but I think Titan/Hunter edged it for me.

I'll hopefully (Probably) be having saves for both, hopefully all of them in the end.

robo

exo titan probs "male" how'd do have a male robot??

Female human hunter

female awoken warlock

Titan then hunter then warlock

Will get each through the story mode then play warlock the most

Respect

All this Destiny has me craving a Next Gen remaster badly

Day one if/when it happens.

Can't you just have them over to eat dinner in front of the TV like normal people???

Welllllll...I tried the "Hey if he can't make it the 8th maybe just you and him can have dinner and you can make up an excuse for me?" That did not go over well...may the light protect me from the darkness that is to come this evening. I might have to go to the gym even though I normally don't go on Thursday...she can't beat me up if I'm already sore...right?

Here you go.
i9LKFSQc4ycYu.gif

Shitty quality again sorry.

Thanks man! Net nanny at work wouldn't let me see it otherwise.

I normally cringe at live-action trailer like that where there's a semblance of a gamer within that live-action world, but that was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom