• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Fire Emblem Warriors Roster Possibly Leaked?

CazTGG

Well, i'm glad someone outside of the Akaneia/3DS games are getting representation if this is true, especially if it's Lyn.

Only like a third of the cast are guys.

This is the future Virion wants.

lol I love Volke. Shame they couldn't really find a place for him in Radiant Dawn, still got to act like a badass right near the end but I think if they gave him more time in the spotlight he'd be a real fan favourite.

That game couldn't find a spot for anyone aside Ike and Micaiah Sue, not that they did anything particularly interesting with either of them.

Azuran

Banned
Is this satire? Lyn is one of the most popular characters, and ranked considerably higher than Tharja in the Heroes poll.

Anyway, I'm still struggling to be interested in this. If the leaked roster is true then there's finally a few characters that I'd be excited for (Lyn, Caeda & Celica), but with 90% of the lineup coming from two of the worst games in the series, it's still pretty bad. Maybe I'll pick it up later on if we get more Fire Emblem 6-12 characters as DLC.

Now I'm really hoping for a Lyn amiibo though.

lol

You're going to skip out on a good game because it doesn't have some characters you like? Man, can you imagine people not playing Smash because they didn't add some niche character from the 1960s.

The two "worst games" in the series are the main reason why this game even exists in the first place. It seems some of you guys will never accept that the 3DS characters are by far the most popular in the entire series. Big props to IS and Koei Tecmo for actually giving the people what they want.

You're going to skip out on a good game because it doesn't have some characters you like?
It seems perfectly sensible to skip a game that's banking on its character roster when you dont like any of the roster. And the game isn't out yet, how do you know it'll be good? I could just as easily say it'll be bad because it's a freaking musou game.

brinstar

Having just finished Birthright and now playing Conquest, I appreciate that they put all the siblings in. Now I'm wondering if Azura will make it

RRockman

Banned
lol

You're going to skip out on a good game because it doesn't have some characters you like? Man, can you imagine people not playing Smash because they didn't add some niche character from the 1960s.

The two "worst games" in the series are the main reason why this game even exists in the first place. It seems some of you guys will never accept that the 3DS characters are by far the most popular in the entire series. Big props to IS and Koei Tecmo for actually giving the people what they want.

Um yes? This game is hyper Fanservice for the games featured and there is no point and playing a game where the focus is the characters and you hate them all. Literaly the only reason I'm even considering this game is because not only did the pull someone from echoes, they snuck in someone from the less popular elibe region. Just because they are popular it doesn't mean everyone will or need to buy it guaranteed.

Azuran

Banned
I don't understand why they forced every single royal into the game, even those who they know aren't that popular.

All of the Fates royals are extremely popular. And considering they exist in pairs, they weren't going to add Camilla without Hinoka.

It seems perfectly sensible to skip a game that's banking on its character roster when you dont like any of the roster. And the game isn't out yet, how do you know it'll be good? I could just as easily say it'll be bad because it's a freaking musou game.

I expect the game will be good considering the previous collaboration with Nintendo was excellent, and this looks like it will improve on everything that was seen in HW.

Not all of us are jaded about life.

Kinsei

Banned
lol

It's a musou crossover. The entire reason to buy these games is the character roster.

I skipped Hyrule Warriors because it had no Wind Waker characters.

If Tiki or Elise wasn't in this, I would've waited a little while like HW.

lol

So are you only going to say this to people who say they're not interested because an older character isn't there, or are you also going to tell that to the people who are meh on the game because Tharja isn't confirmed yet?

I expect the game will be good considering the previous collaboration with Nintendo was excellent, and this looks like it will improve on everything that was seen in HW.

Not all of us are jaded about life.
I too played the previous collaboration and thought it was about as bad as every other musou, and this looks to be the same old same old.

How does me saying it'll be bad make me jaded about life? Does you thinking it'll be good make you really naive?

Aizo

Banned
I'm have to look up the characters every time someone says the names because these English names are so different.

I don't understand why they forced every single royal into the game, even those who they know aren't that popular.

I mean the least popular royal is Sakura who came in seventh in the female Fates popularity poll. There still obviously pretty popular.

On not getting the game it's perfectly fair for some one who doesn't like the modern games to not get this one.

But as someone who really likes the modern games I'm pretty excited.

All of the already known + Caeda, Lyn, Celica, Anna and Tiki.

If true

Caeda was an obvious choice for the SD cast. being Marth's girl
Anna in as she should be. Mascot girl and all

I guess Celica is here to somewhat promote echoes?
Lyn perhaps being a late addition that they added after she won the heroes poll?
That or to try and appeal to the older western fans that disliked the roster? or a bit of both or neither. Who knows?

Celica and Lyn alone from their games feels weird though
only 3 SD characters is disappointing and just adding Lyn won't save the roster for me

Still. can only wait till things are confirmed

L95

Seems like the retailer that had the image has taken the image down now. (Unless it just isn't showing up ôn my computer for some reason, though I don't think that's the case, I also checked on my phone)

Yeshua

If that's the final roster I'll respectfully pass on that game, it's definitely not for me. Only 3 characters from Shadow Dragon is frankly quite a bad joke, if true they should have never announced the game was based on 3 FE but only on 2.

vareon

If this is true, it's kind of good news if they are planning future characters from different games, though the choices are a bit weird. Like Lyn over Navarre and that we still don't have a General representation.

Macka

Do you only play Fire Emblem for the Story or characters? Because I don't see how someone would choose the gameplay in Echoes over FE Fates Conquest.
Not only for the story and characters, but they're pretty damn important imo. Awakening and especially Fates have my least favourite casts and stories of the Fire Emblem games I've played (6-15). They also have some gameplay mechanics that I'm really not a fan of in Pair Up, reclassing and the emphasis on marriage and future children. I also don't really like the artstyle/character designs for the most part.

The maps of Echoes are bad. No denying it. Everything else was excellent, though, which more than made up for it. It felt fresh in a lot of ways. To be honest I'm probably higher on the game overall because it came directly after Awakening and Fates. Oh, and I said 'two of the worst games in the series', not that Awakening and Fates are literally my bottom two. Shadow Dragon is probably my least favourite.

I wouldn't buy Smash if I didn't like 95% of the roster either. Weird comparison.

I am very very pleased this roster was more or less confirmed. It's pretty damn good all things considered. Really all it's missing is armored units and thiefs, but there's always DLC for those~

But I'm so glad we got pretty much the bare minimum of Shadow Dragon characters since the vast majority of them are incredibly dull, and we even managed to dodge the Worst Character in All of Fire Emblem, Nowi. And we got Lyn, the best Lord! It's great.

WonderzL

Banned
It's confirmed. Here is the official Warriors Lyn miniature

chara21.gif

It's not a rumour anymore. Pack it up

tsundoku

Very excited for when the real game is out in 2 years and it doesnt cost 60$ of dlc for the real roster from games people actually care about

just got done watching about an hour of the livestream thats currently going on and had to stop dont want to much of the story spoiled but it looks like i will enjoy this game as i really enjoyed hyrule warriors.

Top Bottom