• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 (PS3/360/PC/PSP) first screens and details - You will say wow

Sou

I'll do not think like that knowing that now is behind Fox Engine maded by the only good thing left in Konami. Kojima.

The problem here is that Kojima doesn't make football games.
The demands of a sports title is completely different from a stealth action game.

Another key element that has not been touched on is the team vision AI, or whatever they are calling it this year. Using the FOX engine has no implication on the AI as far as we know based on public information. The emphasis Konami has placed on the new engine and not on the vital elements unique to the football genre is a cause for concern.

Blablurn

t3iz0Ws.png
t3iz0Ws.png
t3iz0Ws.png
t3iz0Ws.png
t3iz0Ws.png
t3iz0Ws.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can't wait. Fuck FIFA seriously.
This is gonna sell a SHITLOAD here in Italy: I would have said easily over a million copies but it's kinda strange how they seem to have ditched the PS2 sku, so I don't know it they'll still be able to achieve that number.

Glad we won't have that awful cover here :p

Heard all the hype before, don't believe a word of it. Still wouldn't be surprised if a proper 2 v 2 mode is still missing from online never mind 11 v 11.

rvy

Banned
I'm not sure why people were expecting a current-gen game to look next-gen or something.

BsM51lI.jpg
]

This looks great to me. I must have low standards.

feel

Yeah some of them are terrible. But I also just like being able to play with both me and my friends Danish teams... and have them somewhat like the real clubs and not completely random like PES was when they had a few Danish teams in there (as in black players being white and vice versa lol). It's just a completely different place from last gen when the licenses really didn't mean that much, now with so many people playing purely online against others it's a huge problem.
I get you, that makes sense.

I'm personally still more of an offline guy (local multi, masterleague, etc) so I don't mind much playing with North London or whatever the rare time I go online.

You should try FIFA... 12.

amirite
t3iz0Ws.png

I'm not sure why people were expecting a current-gen game to look next-gen or something.

BsM51lI.jpg
]

This looks great to me. I must have low standards.
That looks good to me to, IQ aside which could be just from the screenshots being badly captured somehow, but won't be a problem to bruteforce into perfection on PC anyways.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It seems fine:

http://abload.de/img/pes-20149cu1n.gif

By fine I mean better than FIFA.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibvI7qADX53vNe.gif[/QUOTE]

demo animations footage vs in-game.

I'd wait to see PES 14 videos to judge its animations quality.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I said wow, because I am honestly surprised they leave all the nextgen customers to EA, which basically fucks their userbase on the new consoles from the start. Bad business decision.

qazqaNii

The only mode I am using in FIFA13 is the ultimate team, and it is has been a blast, yes I am new to it started it last month.

So what I am wondering is does PES have something similiar?

Curufinwe

I said wow, because I am honestly surprised they leave all the nextgen customers to EA, which basically fucks their userbase on the new consoles from the start. Bad business decision.

They don't have enough resources to make next gen versions this year. That's the reality.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They don't have enough resources to make next gen versions this year. That's the reality.

Yeah, sucks. But still the same result, it majorly sucks for their eventual next gen efforts. Fifa wont even need to try particularly hard for the next 2-3 years to stay the market leader on next gen.

The only mode I am using in FIFA13 is the ultimate team, and it is has been a blast, yes I am new to it started it last month.

So what I am wondering is does PES have something similiar?

No, but PES always had a more interesting Manager mode. However, I need to admit that FUT is the reason why I'll go with Fifa 14 again and possibly PES as a budget release.

It doesn't look like much of an improvement. But all the really matters to me is that the game plays well, has good physics and animations.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Really disappointed there's no WiiU version. I wanted my football game for the year to have Off-TV play. Meh, I might skip them this year then.

Pes 13 with the latest updates plays a better game of football than the current fifa, I'm optimistic they can build from that for this new engine but what do I know I play offline multi

rvy

Banned
Pes 13 with the latest updates plays a better game of football than the current fifa, I'm optimistic they can build from that for this new engine but what do I know I play offline multi

Well that's hardly shocking, Football Kingdom was released in 2004 and plays a better football game than FIFA 13. PES 2013 is crap though. Just like 2012, 2011 and 2010. Even 2009 is not safe.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It looks like they ported the old assets to the new engine, which makes a lot of sense and is the right move (if youre gonna make new assets, make them for next gen!)

To be perfectly honest, the problem with PES was its native PS2 engine which translated horribly to PS3/360 and gimped the physics and AI. New models would be nice, but what this series needed desperately was a new engine that allowed for the gameplay to be rebuilt, not new character faces.

rvy

Banned
It looks like they ported the old assets to the new engine, which makes a lot of sense and is the right move (if youre gonna make new assets, make them for next gen!)

To be perfectly honest, the problem with PES was its native PS2 engine which translated horrible to PS3/360 and gimped the physics and AI. New models would be nice, but what this series needed desperately was a new engine that allowed for the gameplay to be rebuilt, not new character faces.

Yeah, pretty much. I think a lot of people will be more forgiving when they see it in motion Thursday.

Perkel

Banned
Return of the Shit.
PES is dead.

;-;

all that hype about new engine and next gen and we get fucking better crowds same looking everything else and some random insignificant catch phrases like BALL or Physic which means nothing because gameplay is always shit.

They should just repack PES5 as 2014 change graphics add few animations and call it a day.

At least that would be game better than any new football game coming from EA or Konami for last 7 years

Yeah, pretty much. I think a lot of people will be more forgiving when they see it in motion Thursday.

PES cycle dude.

uFjag.jpg

Amneisac

Heard all the hype before, don't believe a word of it. Still wouldn't be surprised if a proper 2 v 2 mode is still missing from online never mind 11 v 11.

I have only ever played FIFA, not really a huge soccer/football fan, but the games are fun to play online with friends. Does this mean PES doesn't have any kind of online mode other than straight up head to head 1v1?

rvy

Banned
PES cycle dude.

uFjag.jpg

Maybe for you, I'm hyped after seeing the game in motion with the teaser trailer. If the gameplay is fun, I'm down for this.
My biggest complaints have always been gameplay and animation, they have clearly fixed the animation issues, all I'm waiting for is to find out how good is the gameplay itself.

sniperpon

No Wii U version? I wish they'd at least call it out one way or the other, ignoring the platform completely in the announcement is kind of annoying.

This is a partial aside, but I also wish someone would make a brand new football series; seems like we had a huge selection of football titles in the 90s (particularly the early parts of that decade), whereas for the last ten years we've had this exclusive FIFA/PES dichotomy. I'm not a fan of EA in general so I avoid the FIFA series, and PES has been rather second-rate in my eyes for several consecutive years now. It'd be nice to have other options.

rvy

Banned
This is a partial aside, but I also wish someone would make a brand new football series; seems like we had a huge selection of football titles in the 90s (particularly the early parts of that decade), whereas for the last ten years we've had this exclusive FIFA/PES dichotomy. I'm not a fan of EA in general so I avoid the FIFA series, and PES has been rather second-rate in my eyes for several consecutive years now. It'd be nice to have other options.

Yup, I especially feel like this because NBA 2K has been my go to sports game for the past 3 years.

spwolf

and this looks good too... i would guess a lot of people posting here never played an football game or are not thinking of in-game, as usually FIFA and PES release bullshots that have nothing to do with gameplay.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So little history about Adam Bhatti, way back when when Pro Evo was ontop he started a site called WENB = Winning Eleven Next Gen blog which was a fansite dedicated to gathering news from around the world. Konamis European marketing has always sucked for Pro Evo, even in its hey day, you had to go to forums like PesFan and Evo-Web where people would be able to collate the sparse interviews and token responses magazines got when they contacted their EU operations. Ironically enough when WENB formed Pes started to go majorly downhill, I was originally asked if I could help out during some Gamescom events, I knew Adam from Evo-Web and had some things in place that would have made coverage easier for the site. These didnt pan out because of scheduling, ended amicably. Pes started to very noticeably decline and eventually WENB turned completely on its end and started becoming the mouthpiece for Konami and their form of pr control. The site grew exponentially and as the games got worse they completely avoided questioning the series and openly lied about the versions they played, oversold them completely and drew a hell of alot of ire from the fans who realised Konami was completely ruining a game they once loved. Ill never forget they (Him and Suf) were invited to a playtest for 70% complete version of pro evo and told everyone the King was back, that it blew the competition out of the water and you had to preorder (conveniently through their newly minted Shopto ad on their page) and it came out and was completely panned by the fans. They defended themselves to the hilt and severed all links with actual fans.

Now he is Konamis Eu Pr guy and I trust nothing, nothing he says.

aganu

I get you, that makes sense.

I'm personally still more of an offline guy (local multi, masterleague, etc) so I don't mind much playing with North London or whatever the rare time I go online.
Option files do work online, you can play with Chelsea + updated kit online no problem. The only instance where it doesn't work online is if you try to create an entire team that doesn't already exist in the game but if the team is available in the game you can patch it and play with it online/offline.

Top Bottom