• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"24" || Day 5 || 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Episodes 11 & 12) *BONUS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
yeah, there was a 3rd room on Chloe's list. Cant remember what it was but Im assuming it the "Sam isnt dead yet" room.

goodcow

Diablos said:
1 seems pretty lame from what I have seen, very low budget, moves along rather slowly compared to now, etc. Plus it just feels like a different show.

Season 1 DOES feel like a different show because they DIDN'T have a large budget to work with, and in a way, that worked in their benefit. Instead of relying on large scale situations and terror, they focused on a nice, drama driven revenge story, with character development, and small scale, but tense situations. Season one is great.

lexy

Okay, what the fuck? How come there are two episodes on today? I'm tuning in now only to find out I've missed an hour of the show. Fuck you Fox.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
IF YOU HAVENT SEEN BOTH EPISODES SCROLL DOWN NOW

SERIOUSLY

24s5-12_deadgar.gif

=( =( =( =( =(

LuCkymoON

Banned
I think I may have man love for JAck. After he shot robocop's wife I got a lil'woody. Does this mean I'm gay or just curious? :s

985boi

I kinda chuckled when Jack was gettin frustrated and kinda yelling about all he could find on Christopher Henderson's computer was bill paying software and downloaded mp3's.

LuCkymoON said:
I think I may have man love for JAck. After he shot robocop's wife I got a lil'woody. Does this mean I'm gay or just curious? :s
(Shrugs) Only thing that happened to me was: 1.) My jaw dropped in disbelief. 2.) I followed to say "OMG NO WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

Later, Edgar. :(

Memles

DrForester said:
yeah, there was a 3rd room on Chloe's list. Cant remember what it was but Im assuming it the "Sam isnt dead yet" room.

I am under the impression that the three rooms she listed were the Situation Room, the Upper Offices and one more...not sure if they included the medical ward in that, or if it was another room.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Memles said:
I am under the impression that the three rooms she listed were the Situation Room, the Upper Offices and one more...not sure if they included the medical ward in that, or if it was another room.
Yeah, the Clinic, which is where Tony is and where they took Henderson.

I guess the holding room wasn't mentioned, because while Lynn is in one, Henderson was in the other, and they obviously needed to get him out of there.

gigamex

Banned
Jesus. Why couldn't that have been Kim instead of Edgar. Robocop please but a bullet in her before she starts sucking any more than is currently possible. She doesn't even look that hot anymore so all reasons for her to be on the show are gone. Make Jake the lone wolf he needs to become. :)

Very Good episodes

effzee

me theory:
henderson isnt really bad.....they mentioned twice how they took care of kim and he is protecting the country and he keep insisting he was framed for the CTU thing in the past.

Sean

Banned
That was really fucking sad :(

To see Edgar stuck out there and then finally figure out what was going on... then the only word he says is "Chloe" before falling to the floor... and seeing everyones reactions, especially Chloe's... awww man...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that's what the terrorists would liek you to think

that sinister barry kim is with has some role in all this

i just know it

Kevtones

Holy shit. I think that was the best two hours of television I have ever seen. I can't believe it but I cried when Edgar died. I even read spoilers but that was fucking difficult to watch. Holy shit. THIS IS the best season of 24 and it might just go down as the best season of any show ever. I cannot believe how good tonights episodes were. I'm almost shaking, that was just intense.

Next week, it just gets crazier~

VPhys

Wow, great stuff.

Sad to see Edgar go, oh well, the Sopranos starts next week so it's just in time.

Jack shooting Robocop's wife = best moment in the history of televisoin.

Duderz

Banned
Yeah, I got teary eyed. This was up there with Chapelle's death and Mason's, for sure. The music really did it for me.

Incredible episodes. After tonight, I think I'm ready to declare season 5 the best of the bunch over season 1.

Holy moly.

Holy shit.

Both episodes had great pacing and great music.

Highlights:

-Lynn's sister and boyfriend getting offed at the end of the 1st episode, very intense
-Curtis proves himself as MVP once again in the 1st episode, took out the terrorist and ran the canister the whole way to the containment unit
-Aaron Pierce FTW indeed...bag the First Lady buddy! :)
-The Vice President gives me the creeps...really intense guy
-Henderson gets pistol whipped...LOL ROBOCOP DOWN ROBOCOP DOWN :lol
-HOLY SHIT Jack shoots his wife in the leg then threatens to make her a cripple...BAUER POWER AWESOME
-Henderson might just be the ultimate badass, look how much pain he can take! Damn...this guy makes a strong contrast to Jack...
-Kim! Great scene with her and Jack....really awkward moment...
-Who the hell is this boyfriend of Kim's think he is? LOL @ him telling Jack off and Jack looking like he's gonna cut out his eye :lol
-Tony! Man it's great to see him back...I totally expected his face to be messed up...that was a really strong scene when he found out Michelle was dead...
-I loved the attention to detail when the security guard can't open the door for the terrorist and he's like do it anyway and he does it and trips the alarm so the terrorist shoots him :lol
-Lynn...WTF you idiot hobbit...
-Great showdown at the end with Bauer and the terrorist trying to pull a fast draw on him, the moment when he's signaling Bill that he's listening in is great
-Edgar. Holy shit. I seriously almost cried when Chloe is watching him fall.

Great use of the silent countdown. Damn. I hate and love this show.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Duderz said:
Yeah, I got teary eyed. This was up there with Chapelle's death and Mason's, for sure. The music really did it for me.

Incredible episodes. After tonight, I think I'm ready to declare season 5 the best of the bunch over season 1.

Holy moly.

It was great, without question, but I doubt anything will ever top Mason or Chapelle's deaths for me, personally. Those were both the biggest jawdroppping moments in all of 24 for me. Mason especially.

Eminem said:
It was great, without question, but I doubt anything will ever top Mason or Chapelle's deaths for me, personally. Those were both the biggest jawdroppping moments in all of 24 for me. Mason especially.

George Mason is the greatest sacrifice in 24 history.

His character arc was nothing short of brilliant writing and acting.

gigamex

Banned
Eminem said:

Chapelle I'll agree because it was so cold-blooded.

Edgar>Mason though because of the nerd/sad factor. It was like seeing a big St. Bernard put to sleep.

Mason wasn't all that to me...Mainly because it was necessary and the only real solution. The other two are more tragic.

I disagree.

Season 2 spoilers:

George Mason was an asshole who never cared about himself or anyone (or even his job since he was actually trying to escape the blast radius when informed by division that there was a 90% certainty the bomb would go off) until he was exposed to plutonium where he was told he would die within 24 hours and spent the rest of his day attempting to make amends with the people who hated him (and still said some things in cold blood without knowing his condition) and his estranged son. He eventually finds himself to the airport where Jack has located the nuke and has decided that he will fly the plane to the desert where the bomb will be detonated. George insists that he is the perfect fit for this mission but Jack says no. Jack, obviously, has a deathwish. George sneaks aboard the aircraft and gives Jack easily one of the best speeches in 24 history:

"You still have a life, Jack. You wanna be a real hero, here's what you do. You get back down there and you put the pieces together. You find a way to forgive yourself for what happened to your wife. You make things right with your daughter, and you go on serving your country. That'd take some real guts."

Jack bails at the last minute after a very strong silent exchange between the two. George goes down with the plane.

That's how the silent countdown is done.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Chapelle's death wasn't planned in the script and that Jack was just going to 'stage' the shooting. A spoiler website leaked the info about the staged death and to counter this, the writers rewrote the story to the one that we know today.

About tonights episodes, I too shed a tear for poor Edgar, I had to keep telling myself "It's OK, it's OK, he's just 'acting'" :lol Once again, 24 delivers the perfect action/drama/suspense combo and raises the bar for all other TV shows to try and follow (and fail at). These last two hours were better than any movie I've seen in the past few years. One side I love about Jack is aside from being a total badass, he has almost Chloe-level social skills.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
marvelharvey said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Chapelle's death wasn't planned in the script and that Jack was just going to 'stage' the shooting. A spoiler website leaked the info about the staged death and to counter this, the writers rewrote the story to the one that we know today.

If that is true, that's one hell of a script alteration.

Duderz

Banned
Well, since Mason was my favorite character in 24, his death is second only to Terri's.

Chapelle's death was, like previously said, just total cold-blooded. In terms of impact, it was absolutely the pinnacle of season 3.

But maybe I'm just coming off from an "emotional high" or whatever, but man, just seeing Edgar run into the main hall of CTU all confused and Chloe showing more emotion than ever, the music swelling...intense stuff. I was really getting teary-eyed.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Bill is next to go considering next week's preview. Which would be doubly sad.

gigamex

Banned
Cold-Steel said:
I disagree.

Season 2 spoilers:

George Mason was an asshole who never cared about himself or anyone (or even his job) until he was exposed to plutonium where he was told he would die within 24 hours and spent the rest of his day attempting to make amends with the people who hated him (and still said some things in cold blood without knowing his condition) and his estranged son. He eventually finds himself to the airport where Jack has located the nuke and has decided that he will fly the plane to the desert where the bomb will be detonated. George insists that he is the perfect fit for this mission but Jack says no. Jack, obviously, has a deathwish. George sneaks aboard the aircraft and gives Jack easily one of the best speeches in 24 history:

"You still have a life, Jack. You wanna be a real hero, here's what you do. You get back down there and you put the pieces together. You find a way to forgive yourself for what happened to your wife. You make things right with your daughter, and you go on serving your country. That'd take some real guts."

Jack bails at the last minute after a very strong silent exchange between the two. George goes down with the plane.

That's how the silent countdown is done.

I'm not dissing him but that's problem with it for me. It worked fine plotwise but I sort of expected that from him. Whenever somebody has a terminal disease in one of these type shows I sort of expect him to take one for the team because he's dying anyway. I like that Mason went from a-hole to sacrifice but I wasn't suprised.

Now Chapelle was a whole different matter. I didn't think that would actually go down. That along with maybe a couple of Nina moments were the biggest and most powerful stunners to me of the entire show.

Edgar's death wasn't as built up as those other two but when you kill off a likable (fuck the haters) harmless character, it just turns your stomach. Like kicking a puppy. Only the eventual/inevitable Chloe massacre will be more sad imo.

Eminem said:
If that is true, that's one hell of a script alteration.

From IMDB:

The character Ryan Chappelle was killed off during the 6:00-7:00 a.m. episode. Paul Schulze, the actor who plays the role, has said in interviews that his death was supposed to be faked. But the writers changed the scene around when it appeared on a spoiler website called 'Ryan's Report'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom