• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Trailer, Kung Lao & Princess Kitana Confirmed

EulaCapra

YAAASSS! I thought they would instead bring on some sort of secret Kitana/Liu Kang offspring, but I knew we shouldn't worry. I will laugh if it turns out it's Mileena under that blue veil with a secret agenda or a quest for redemption.
uBD6MGr.jpg
Love the new look. Kitana's back to looking vaguely asian and I love her ninja pants and boots and the braided hoops. She looks great in gold accents. Her whole back is exposed and she's still showing more suggestive skin than her Deadly Alliance/Armageddon days, but at least it's not a stripper trainwreck like in MK9.

Khezu

Does kitana have the same run speed as everyone else? And when kung Lao three his floating hat, didn't it move forward on command or when he ran into it?

Her run looked like a special move.
It had a weird blue trail and went straight into a grab animation.

Also she has a stupid ninja Naruto looking animation when she does it.

NEO0MJ

YAAASSS! I thought they would instead bring on some sort of secret Kitana/Liu Kang offspring, but I knew we shouldn't worry. I will laugh if it turns out it's Mileena under that blue veil with a secret agenda or a quest for redemption.

No way can it be Mileena, she doesn't have snake eyes.

Popnbake

fernoca said:
Showing a Kitana with a more brutal style and Quan Chi's dialog of "finally been able to kill her".

Who knows. Only a few months to go.

Sounds more like Quan Chi asked "finally found a way to kill me?" to which Katana replied, "I know of many".

Endo Punk

Jade was the most fine looking in MK9. She should definitely return in addition to MK4 characters like Fujin, Shinnok and Tanya.

Christopher

I just hope Shinnok is in this too let's continue the story !

I just don't get everyone's alive again - even though it was stupid to kill most of them

IKizzLE

No way jade makes it back lol. I doubt any cyborg makes it in either smh. Kenshi won't but his son probably will so that'll count as a new character.

I'm thinking one more ninja (smoke, ermac, etc) and then three returning characters from previous mks such as Tanya, fujin, Havik, etc....

-Cwalat-

na its just the stages they in dont look as pretty with that dark atmospheric lighting

Nah, from what i've seen it's not that much of a graphical leap and i really dislike the dynamic environment "gimick" they've implemented. If it's going to be like Injustice, i'll be disappointed. Another thing i'm concerned about is the "three mode" character choices with different moves. That's kind of a risk, because what if i like some moves of a certain mode and different moves in another mode? Why can't i just choose in-match what ever moves i want to use, "oh i have to do a rematch and play with a different mode if i wanna do specific moves". It's a weird implementation, that's for sure.. but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

am I the only one that wants the MK4 characters to make a return?

kai_480_poster.jpg

I think Kai had potential to be a good character.

194316-bio.gif

I liked Jarek because he wasn't an asshole like Kano. Jarek helped the earth warriors against Shinnok and didn't take his shit, unlike Kano who would have defected to Shinnok and served as his servant in exchange for power

500px-MKM_Wind_God_(Fujin).png

Fujin was godlike, what else can I say

mortal-kombat-4-wallpaper-shinnok-quan-chi-small.jpg

if Shinnok isn't the big bad in MKX then I'mma be disspointed

Reiko & Tanya were meh

Do we have pics of Takeda? If that is the case, I hope his design is good, then. Kenshi looks great.

In the comics, he doesn't look too special(some ninja clothes and a headband), but we don't have whatever his adult design will look like since he's
still training with the Shirai-Ryu

4 more vets left?

Jade, Mileena, Reptile, and Noob or smoke pls

5, Goro is considered DLC.

Also I wouldn't be so firm on that number given Boon's previous antics. Also is that 12 characters from 9, or 12 from MK. Would Kai, Fujin or Tanya be considered in those 12?

There are rumors of Liu and Johnny being in the game, and Jax was hinted at with the two Jack Nicholson tweets (could also be Cage if it means "Here's Johnny").

Santar

VVf7oUK.gif

I'm starting to get worried that Liu Kang won't make the cut this time.
Kung Lao even has Liu's Shaolin flip kick move this time.

RyudBoy

I don't think Kitana's new design looks bad, but she did look awesome in MK9. I'm all for changing things up so it doesn't look the same all the time and who knows, there will probably have old costumes/designs added.

DLC of course lolol

Dr. Buni

In the comics, he doesn't look too special(some ninja clothes and a headband), but we don't have whatever his adult design will look like since he's
still training with the Shirai-Ryu
I guess that explains why there isn't pictures of him on the wiki. I will keep hoping Kenshi is back anyways.

TreIII

VVf7oUK.gif

I'm starting to get worried that Liu Kang won't make the cut this time.
Kung Lao even has Liu's Shaolin flip kick move this time.

I think Liu Kang may return...

...but as the Final Boss, if his MK9 Ladder Ending has any bearing on what they had planned next for the character.

Looks cool, though a little too similar to the last game (in terms of presentation mostly), and too reliant still on old characters, than I personally would have liked. Sure it will be fun though.

Windforce

This kind of trolling would piss me off enough to return the game!

IvorB

Nah, from what i've seen it's not that much of a graphical leap and i really dislike the dynamic environment "gimick" they've implemented. If it's going to be like Injustice, i'll be disappointed. Another thing i'm concerned about is the "three mode" character choices with different moves. That's kind of a risk, because what if i like some moves of a certain mode and different moves in another mode? Why can't i just choose in-match what ever moves i want to use, "oh i have to do a rematch and play with a different mode if i wanna do specific moves". It's a weird implementation, that's for sure.. but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

I also don't get this. Why can't they just give all the characters all their moves in one go?

Top Bottom