• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

It's the next variation in long long line of Gundam Vs. games. Import GEV because you will be waiting a while the next home version.

Yeah, considering Namco-Bandai past record on this series, Full Boost might not come out on consoles until next year. And by that I don't necessarily mean early next year.

But who knows~

ACESmkII

Haven't played this for almost a week, I think I'm having withdraws.

I think I'll pick up the Latest DLC mobile suits and hop on after work.

Famassu

Ugh, I really hope I get to buy this while there's still a healthy number of gamers playing it. Importing this is so expensive I haven't gotten around doing it yet.

Jubern

I love me some Formula suits. That test with the Fullcloth was nice enough, I might train with it a little bit since I don't have any 3000 on hand.

I really need to seriously test more suits. I've played almost nothing besides the X1 Kai (which I knew like the palm of my hand from the arcades) and the F91 (which I've been playing all the time since GvG) >D

I'm so happy to see so many new players joining Gundam-GAF! The more the merrier!

Plus I won't look so awkward scrubbing it up in GAF rooms anymore.

Anyway, I've got some questions about Trial Mode, and I'm hoping that you guys can answer some of them.
I've cleared the Civilian and Cadet trials (S-rank and everything), and I squeaked by the Soldier trials. Now I'm up to the Commander set, and I feel like I've hit a brick wall; even the grunts take a bunch of hits to kill off, and some of these missions are outrageous. Of course, this can all be explained by the fact that all my suits are still level 1 :p

So I wanna know:
- What stats should I spend most of my money on? I figure that I've got enough money at this point to pour all of it into one or two suits and brute force my way through the rest of the missions, so I'd like some tips. And just to satisfy my curiosity:
- Is it even possible to clear Trial Mode without upgrading at all? I've given up on trying at this point, but I just wanna know if the game even facilitates the option of a no-upgrade run.

GGs everyone! An insanely long session, but good times like always. :3

I'm so happy to see so many new players joining Gundam-GAF! The more the merrier!

Plus I won't look so awkward scrubbing it up in GAF rooms anymore.

Anyway, I've got some questions about Trial Mode, and I'm hoping that you guys can answer some of them.
I've cleared the Civilian and Cadet trials (S-rank and everything), and I squeaked by the Soldier trials. Now I'm up to the Commander set, and I feel like I've hit a brick wall; even the grunts take a bunch of hits to kill off, and some of these missions are outrageous. Of course, this can all be explained by the fact that all my suits are still level 1 :p

So I wanna know:
- What stats should I spend most of my money on? I figure that I've got enough money at this point to pour all of it into one or two suits and brute force my way through the rest of the missions, so I'd like some tips. And just to satisfy my curiosity:
- Is it even possible to clear Trial Mode without upgrading at all? I've given up on trying at this point, but I just wanna know if the game even facilitates the option of a no-upgrade run.
You can clear without upgrading, but it doesn't reward you for doing it. Kinda pointless considering there will be missions that you will need all the upgrades you can get, so upgrade what you can. I'd argue to not really worry about upgrading the CPU skill. Do that last.

I pretty much used three suits throughout the entire mission mode (Full Cloth, Cherudim, Gunner) aside from when you were forced to use a specific suit. Just pick who you're most comfortable with and beast them from there. I had a tendency to beef up ranged attack first whenever it was time to upgrade.

GGs everyone! An insanely long session, but good times like always. :3

You can clear without upgrading, but it doesn't reward you for doing it. Kinda pointless considering there will be missions that you will need all the upgrades you can get, so upgrade what you can. I'd argue to not really worry about upgrading the CPU skill. Do that last.

I pretty much used three suits throughout the entire mission mode (Full Cloth, Cherudim, Gunner) aside from when you were forced to use a specific suit. Just pick who you're most comfortable with and beast them from there. I had a tendency to beef up ranged attack first whenever it was time to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I can deal with having to upgrade my suits, I just wanted to know if it was possible to get by without it. Although I was half tempted to S-Rank everything without upgrades - I'd always end up missing S ranks in Commander by, like, 1000 points or so, and it was maddening.

It was never this much hassle in Gotcha Force; everything was automatic! But Gundam is Gundam, I suppose. Maxed out Acguy, here I come!

Played a lot of games today with GundamGaf. In honor of that new avatar!

Now there's an avatar you can follow into hell and back!

I need to gerobi more with Sazabi. Someone has to put an end to GOUFY TIME madness.

Yup. All DK does is spam that annoying hookshot like it's OOT again.

HGUC-Gouf-Custom-2_l.jpg

Mad jelly of Goufy Time up in here. *swag*

MechaX

With all this hate on the Gouf Swagger, I must not be trying hard enough to proclaim the reign of this upstanding woman right here.

assvictory-gundam-50-xvid7feaf7b1-avi_snapshot_22-13_2011-01-22_21-19-19.jpg

Jubern

If you keep going the way you are right now, I can promise you that will soon be the case.

If we're all gonna be trolls, might as well keep practicing with Tobia :3

Georgious

Banned
Damn how do you guys know all the names - is it because you've watched all the shows? I only remember the Gundam Wing guys.
Which others are considered the best of the newer (post 90's) Gundam shows? This game is getting me psyched to start watching more

"Damn how do you guys know all the names - is it because you've watched all the shows? I only remember the Gundam Wing guys.
Which others are considered the best of the newer (post 90's) Gundam shows? This game is getting me psyched to start watching more"

That plus the OP.

JKTrix

If you played the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games it might help with a bit of recognition too.

You will definitely learn as you play....might even learn to read them in Japanese!

Damn how do you guys know all the names - is it because you've watched all the shows? I only remember the Gundam Wing guys.
Which others are considered the best of the newer (post 90's) Gundam shows? This game is getting me psyched to start watching more

Original is always a good start. Will introduce you to The One Year War. Other series that are my favorite but more modern in the animation are Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory and Gundam 08th MS Team.

Gundam Wing is part of the expanded universe and doesn't follow things established in the main cannon. Still good though. I never got into G Gundam though. It's like a DBZ style Gundam story.

I saw you ask this in IRC, but I didn't remember to respond.

The MS IGLOO OVAs are pretty solid, if you can put up with the CG. Unicorn is pretty well animated, but it isn't done and won't be for quite some time. Everything else in that time frame has a really mixed reception, and I don't really know enough about those shows to comment on them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
08th MS team is probably the best post-Wing.

NEO0MJ

First season of 00 is good.

But what's the point of watching it if season 2 is bad (considering they leave a lot of question at the end of S1)?

Anyways, my opinion is to start with the original (or the 3 movie compilation if you want to save time) to get a good idea on the universe. After that watch 8th ms team, G Gundam and Turn A.

yes, distant just means 2nd season is so bad ... it doesn't actually exist. i say watch the movie instead
Oh ok. I actually thought it was pretty good. In fact, it wrapped things things up well enough that I didn't watch the movie for fear of it messing with it. But after playing this game, I really want to go back and watch it just to see the new suits. But it's been some time since I watched it and now I don't remember all the little details.

"Is there any point to getting it now or should I wait for full boost?"

Full boost isn't even out in arcades yet. It won't be showing up on consoles for a good long while.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Happy Socially Obligated Quality Time With Your Significant Other Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom