• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

It's too bad Nomis is MIA. Tonight had a nice possible addition to the everybody-watches-someone/radioactive montage.

NPMVK7U.gif

jb1234

I was mostly enjoying it up until the finale, with the goofy "let's dodge a bunch of turrets" scene and the entire Cooper reveal, which was disappointing. The entire Felicity/mom arc was also heavy-handed and worthy of an after-school special. At least the cliffhanger promises interesting things coming soon (and Roy needs them).

Yeah, the only origin we got was for Felicity's hair... I wonder if that ending could mark the start or lead to a version of (old comic spoilers)
Roy's drug addiction arc

Radioactive!
Radioactive!
It's too bad Nomis is MIA. Tonight had a nice possible addition to the everybody-watches-someone/radioactive montage.

NPMVK7U.gif

Yeah, I don't know what was going on audio-wise because all I heard playing was Radioactive.

I know this won't happen, but the first thing I thought of was Gorilla Grodd could have been mind controlling Roy as a secret lead-in to the crossover. After all, we do have footage of
Barry and Ollie fighting one another
in the Flash crossover and we know Grodd is coming eventually. I doubt they make a big plotline involve a giant gorilla on Arrow though, but keep it to Flash like we knew already.

I couldn't give a shit about the majority of this ep. Just about everything regarding felicity was a total yawner, but everything else was ok.

Having a felicity ep where she's in immediate danger is also a boneheaded move the week after she appears on the flash. At least give me a chance to forget these two characters live in the same universe, so much of felicity's life shown without even a mention of barry is a little annoying.

Kevin

Fairly strong episode tonight. Arrow by nature is a some what campy tv series but I don't think I'd have it any other way personally. It's just such a fun show. It has some weak elements (EX: villains are kind of done poorly) but there is still plenty of quality here to not only keep me entertained weekly but enough to convince me to buy the Blu-Ray sets. Really hoping that this and The Flash sticks around for awhile. :)

Jarmel

Banned
This was one of the worst episodes in the entire series. Felicity's shit was stupid. The hacker boyfriend stuff especially. The action sequences were atrocious. The direction was piss poor. This was just a complete mess of an episode on all fronts.

Palmer is the best boss ever. Anybody else would have long fired her.

All of the hacker shit is groan worthy. So are Zork mentions. Like you can feel the oldness of the writer through the dialogue.

Also what a total waste of Brother Eye

Future

This was one of the worst episodes in the entire series. Felicity's shit was stupid. The hacker boyfriend stuff especially. The action sequences were atrocious. The direction was piss poor. This was just a complete mess of an episode on all fronts.

Palmer is the best boss ever. Anybody else would have long fired her.

Yup. Pretty lame hacker reveal since it was obvious it was him the entire time with pretty much no red herrings. I mean did anyone really think the roommate was the hacker after seeing those flashbacks? Of course not. Not much insight on felicity either except she was an awesome hacker 5 years ago too. Cool seeing Merlin but nothing interesting there.

But momma smoak saved the ep for me. Hot as fuck and needs to be a damn regular

Skux

Yeah, poorly written episode when you could see the villain reveal a mile away, there was no mystery in that. Everything was just so obvious, including Felicity's mother suddenly appearing for no other reason than to be a sounding board for Felicity's character. Hacking is all well and good as a plot device but shouldn't be the main plot device, because there just isn't a way to make it look cool next to motorbike chases and guys with bows.

However, Diggle finally got a mask! Well, a balaclava at least...

I was watching some of the early episodes and Thea is just really awkward, not subtle at all, and half slurring her words. Between her acting improving, the haircut and those crop tops (omg), we could have a new favourite "villain" this season.

Skux

I love the fist pump when Felicity finishes her set, she does the exact same thing after hacking Merlyn in season 1 and says "oh wow I actually do do that".

Why did Diggle get a fucking criminal mask.

Ok, so fucking Roy killed Sara? Or is his head just fucked? MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE TYPE DEAL!?

NPMVK7U.gif

Amazing. I had 'Radioactive' playing in my head. Like father, like son.

This RPG should have exploded and killed all the goons. Would have been fucking hilarious.

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

I love her.

That opening montage was great.

If Roy is having side effects of Mirakuru; Ollie may have to pay a visit to one Swag Wilson in Supermax to see if he's having nightmares for research.

I can't wait for Ollie to walk into his SuperMAX prison to consult with Slade ala Hannibal Lecter.

That'd be fucking rad.

I find it silly to call something bad writing if you just happened to figure out who the bad guy is thanks to your years of media consumption...just saying.

Decent episode.

Omega

Banned
I find it silly to call something bad writing if you just happened to figure out who the bad guy is thanks to your years of media consumption...just saying.

Decent episode.

Even if you've never watched or read anything in your life you would be able to tell who the bad guy this episode was from the first 5 minutes.

It may not be Kurt Sutter bad but it's still bad.

Even if you've never watched or read anything in your life you would be able to tell who the bad guy this episode was from the first 5 minutes.

It may not be Kurt Sutter bad but it's still bad.

This is just hyperbolic bullshit. Who cares if it's obvious. Everything doesnt have to be a twist. Clear villain, clear motive that's all you need for a filler episode.

Omega

Banned
This is just hyperbolic bullshit. Who cares if it's obvious. Everything doesnt have to be a twist. Clear villain, clear motive that's all you need for a filler episode.

Who said everything has to be a twist? When you have a 42 minute episode and it's obvious who the antagonist is 5 minutes in there's a problem.

and you can't tell me it's not obvious. Her and the other dude just want to do a simple hack and this guy makes his own call and then gets mad at his gf because herp derp i wanna be a hero!

They essentially had arrows points at him letting you know he's important and it wouldn't be the last time you see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom