• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Running Animation

Anth0ny

that's easy

NkFqQPH.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
bao-funnyrun.gif
- He really takes that HUGE HAT into consideration.

iori-xi-running.gif
- The hands are so prepped to RPI YOU TO PIECES, it's great.

todo-cvs2-run.gif
- Totally Shekushi, right?

orochi_leona__s_running_by_leona5422.gif
- This animated better in game, but I was surprised to see something so feral and beastly at first, all those years ago.

Satch

Banned
Samus' running animation in Smash 4 is better than her Super Metroid running animation imo, but the Super Metroid animation is definitely very iconic

Nightstalker during the night in Dota 2

Sheik in Smash 4

Panther Bayonetta

i have to give human Bayonetta running animation an honorable mention because they managed to make running in high heels look as goofy as it feels to do in real life lol. its her least "Sexy" animation and with good reason

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sol Badguy

sol-running.gif

Guy comes at you like a tank

6OJ1O3c.jpg

By no means amazingly animated, but iconic and great.

Bonus if you're big Mario and have the cape because that run alongside the running SFX is your gateway to the skies.

I was going to say this as well. Running as Big Boss feels and looks weighty and it's super impressive.

MGSPS4.gif

That looks so great. Lots of attention paid to character models and animations in that game.

First time I've watched footage of this, and it seems really impressive. Nice to see Plastic moving onto more of a real game than just an art project too (they previously did Linger in Shadows and then Datura).

Ha ha, that's great. Glad to see they had their priorities in place way back then.

Max Payne 3

Rockstar has this on lock really.

2768805-3951608110-maxim.gif

can't see much of it here but the adaptation to terrain / stairs is so great. Guess it doesnt qutie count as a looped animation tho

I agree the animations in MP3 are great, but couldn't you find a better gif?!

Flashback

Flashback_04_%2528Amiga%2529.gif

The animation still looks excellent; especially considering the age of the game.

Muramasa. Looks good and I like how the characters sometimes takes a look around.
FIde1yz.gif

Yeah, the animation in Muramasa is just amazing all over.

TLG kid's run animation is cute.

I love his wobbly arms as he runs down the stairs.

This right here. The legit way of waking up or down the stairs is so satisfying, though. Individual steps, dust spraying in each of them. Can't think of any other game that doesn't have their characters skip a million steps on the stairs.

tumblr_niht7w4IXz1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Metal Gear Solid 2 also had the characters go up steps individually.

SomTervo

Where in the game is this?

The forest area right before the witches' camp. If you hang a left right before the Grand Cathedral where you meet Amelia.

Grow Home's procedural animation

FpRpvK9.gif

Mcd5N6O.gif

A classic.

I think I prefer SH2's, but this is great.

I gotta say GTAVs animations. Despite how many people say it feels while moving, the animations are pretty great in my eyes. I love how it feels too :D

I have heard of this game. I was going to ignore it, due to playing other games, and having more games on deck to be played. But these two gifs pretty much just sold me on the game. Game looks wild!

Grow Home is good fun. Runs best on PC though so, if you can, get it there.

Also it's very short if you just mainline your primary objective (climb higher). Try to find every blue gem and gather every plant type, that'll extend your playtime a lot.

Max Payne 3

Rockstar has this on lock really.

2768805-3951608110-maxim.gif

I love how many running animations are in this gif.

some great ones already mentioned so I'll add that I always loved the sprint animation from Halo Reach. Especially if you were holding a rifle or another two handed weapon. The way you lower the weapon, change your centre of gravity and kind of lean your weight into the run just made it look so convincing. Sadly no gifs tho

Sprinting in Halo 4 and 5 just looked generic in comparison IMO.

EDIT: and yes Neon is best power in SS. The sprint alone made me favour it over all the others and made the traversal awesome.

Does Infamous: Second Son count?

pIoxqBo.gif

ZRX0p6d.gif

Top Bottom