• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Creates: Super Smash Bros. 4

Here's the updated voting list as of now, as promised!

Smash Bros. Voting List as of 02/15/09 (12:05 AM):

Lyn- 50
Mike Jones- 50
Neku- 40
Phoenix Wright- 40
Little Mac- 40
Isaac- 40
Ashley- 40
The Masked Man- 30
Missingno- 20
Ryu- 20
Lark- 20
Takamaru- 15
Rundas- 10
Female/Rival Pokemon Trainer- 10
Lucas- 10
Will- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Midna- 5
Saki- 5
Lucario- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Toon Link- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5

Observations:

-Neku is now tied with Phoenix Wright at 40 points for the #1 most requested third party character since I realized Neku has a lot of points and doesn't need my help. I gave the 10 I originally had on him to the Rival Pokemon Trainer.

-Mike Jones and Lyn are tied neck and neck with 50 points for #1

-I am genuinely surprised at the lack of Megaman and Crono votes as of now; hopefully that will change soon. Still it's good to see Rundas getting some love!

KEEP UP THE VOTING PEOPLE! Remember that this round will decide the final roster so not only characters have to be voted to be saved but they also need to be voted for ENOUGH so that they can be one of the 55 who get roster spots!

A Link to the Snitch said:
I hope there's a limit to third party characters. I mean, our SSB4 has to be realistic, I think.
SHOOT! That is a rule that I completely forgot to mention! Once we have decided the votes for the final roster this round we will have one final separate round for the third party characters that made the final cut. From those, we will choose 5. However, the third party character that gets the most votes at the end of this round gets a "seed" along with the other first-party winners of this round.

Thanks so much for bringing that up LttS!

Jiggy said:
When we've got Missingno in the running, I somehow don't think realism is what the thread's going for. :p
Lucario said:
Also, Missingno could work in SSB.

We are actually trying to be realistic with the characters and that said Missingno., when you look the grand scheme of things is actually really important to Nintendo's history. Not only is he arguably the most well-known and well-loved glitch outside of "I AM ERROR" but he also encompassed a sense of mystery and excitement for the people who first found out about him. Not to mention, while a lot of people may not know this, his family of glitches was in the series up until the DS games where he still semi-exists in the form of "Bad Egg".

Honestly, I forgot who actually first nominated and voted for him but I completely agree and think he is important enough and could be a cool enough "WTF" character to actually make an SSBB game. As for how he would move around the stage, assume he would essentially look like a black and white glitched up version of the wirefrime fighter from Brawl. And, of course, his Final Smash would have to be transforming into his trademark rectangle from, freezing all the characters on the screen and attacking them.

Man, people...I really want Missingno. in the next game now...:lol . VOTE FOR MISSINGNO.!

KEEP UP THE VOTING PEOPLE!

It's a new day and that, as always, means a newly updated voting list! Check it out!:

Smash Bros. Voting List as of 2/16/09:

Lyn- 90
Mike Jones- 50
Phoenix Wright- 45
Neku- 40
Little Mac- 40
Isaac- 40
Ashley- 40
Colette- 40
Lucario- 40
The Masked Man- 30
Lark- 30
Missingno- 20
Ryu- 20
Takamaru- 15
Mega Man- 10
Rundas- 10
Lucas- 10
Will- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Sam & Max- 10
Midna- 5
Saki- 5
Lucario- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Toon Link- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5
Simon Belmont- 5

-Lyn has stolen the top spot from her previous tie with Mike Jones and is now sitting comfortably in the top most requested spot.

-Phoenix Wright is now the most requested 3rd party character with 45 points. Very strange...

-All of the Zelda characters except for Vaati and Skull Kid have been voted for again.

-The group of six characters all tied in fourth place is very interesting. Lucario is the most requested returning character at 40 points, Colette from Tales of Symphonia (WTF) is also at 40 points above other third party characters Megaman and Simon Belmont while Ashley, Isaac, Little Mac, and Neku are all in comfortable high positions. Still, if voting keeps up at this rate, many of the fan favorites may not be saved!

KEEP UP THE VOTING PEOPLE!
Remember that this round will decide the final roster so not only characters have to be voted to be saved but they also need to be voted for ENOUGH so that they can be one of the 55 who get roster spots!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is this thread still alive dear god.

(40 for Wright)

Oh boy...another day so I have another list to post:

Character Voting List as of 12/17/09 (12:07 AM):
Lyn- 90
Phoenix Wright- 85
Mike Jones- 50
Midna- 45
Neku- 40
Little Mac- 40
Isaac- 40
Ashley- 40
Colette- 40
Lucario- 40
Ryu- 40
Mii- 35
The Masked Man- 30
Lark- 30
Mega Man- 30
Missingno- 20
Takamaru- 15
Rundas- 10
Lucas- 10
Will- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Sam & Max- 10
Saki- 5
Lucario- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Toon Link- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5
Simon Belmont- 5
De Blob- 5

Observations:

-In a strange upset, Phoenix Wright is quickly flying by his third party competition.

-Mii, after what seems like a very long time, has finally appeared on the list.

Other than that, not a whole lot has changed. So until next time...

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

Lucario

Wii Will Rock U said:
Oh boy...another day so I have another list to post:

Lucario- 40
Lucario- 5

Observations:

-In a strange upset, Phoenix Wright is quickly flying by his third party competition.

-Mii, after what seems like a very long time, has finally appeared on the list.

Other than that, not a whole lot has changed. So until next time...

KEEP UP THE VOTING!
Yay, the game's gonna have two Lucarios =P

Sorry it's a little later today guys but here is the updated list:

Smash Bros. Voting List (2/18/09):

Lyn- 90
Phoenix Wright- 85
Isaac- 80
Colette- 80
Mike Jones- 50
Midna- 45
Lucario- 45
Toon Link- 42
Neku- 40
Little Mac- 40
Ashley- 40
Ryu- 40
Mii- 39
The Masked Man- 30
Lark- 30
Mega Man- 30
Missingno- 20
Takamaru- 15
Rundas- 10
Lucas- 10
Will- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Sam & Max- 10
Saki- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5
Simon Belmont- 5
De Blob- 5

Observations:

-Thanks for the correction Lucario, he now only has one slot with 45 points. :)

-Lyn is SUPER HIGH up on the list and Phoenix Wright is still in the top 3rd party spot with 85 votes though Colette is VERY close behind.

-Issac is also comfortably high on this list.

I'm really interested in how the final roster will turn out on Thursday night. Keep up the voting! :D

Reason I didn't update earlier:
Street Fighter IV and Pokemon Platinum

Since I was so late yesterday, I decided to post today's update early. Still not a lot has changed...

Smash Bros. Voting List as of 2/19/09 (12:12 AM CNT):

Lyn- 90
Phoenix Wright- 85
Isaac- 80
Colette- 80
Mike Jones- 50
Midna- 45
The Masked Man- 45
Lucario- 45
Toon Link- 42
Neku- 40
Little Mac- 40
Marina- 40
Ashley- 40
Ryu- 40
Mii- 39
Lark- 30
Mega Man- 30
Lucas- 25
Missingno- 20
Takamaru- 15
Rundas- 10
KK Slider- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Sam & Max- 10
Will- 8
Saki- 7
ROB- 5
Crono- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5
Simon Belmont- 5
De Blob- 5

Observations:

-Marina from Mischief Makers has appeared from out of no where to grab one of the highest spots!

- I revoted and took two of my points from Will and gave them to Saki. He needs more support. And, I took my 10 points from Rival Trainer and gave them to KK Slider.

-Masked Man is the most requested MOTHER character for those wondering while Crono has finally jumped onto the list.

Okay people, just a reminder, if you haven't voted in this final round you really better get on it. Today is the LAST DAY of voting. If you want to see a character get in, you need to vote ASAP. Voting closes tonight @ 11:00 PM CNT. (I'm a sneaky one, huh?) We will have our final roster based on votes by tonight! :D

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

Wow...you guys really badly want Colette. At this rate it looks like she'll be getting the 3rd party seed this round over Megaman, Phoenix Wright, Crono, Neku, and Marina. :O

Also, I figure now is as good a time as any to announce how this finalized roster will work. Basically the 20 highest rated first party characters on the voting list as of tonight @ midnight will be all be seeded and given spots after tonight's voting as well as the top 3 highest ranked 3rd party characters.

So, by Friday @ midnight, we will have an official final roster of 50 characters and then voting may proceed on stage inclusions! :D

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

HUGE POST INCOMING! Seriously, you have all been warned. First off thanks to all who voted and here are the final results of this round’s voting:

Colette- 120
Lyn- 90
Phoenix Wright- 85
Isaac- 80
Mike Jones- 50
Midna- 45
The Masked Man- 45
Lucario- 45
Toon Link- 42
Neku- 40
Little Mac- 40
Marina- 40
Ashley- 40
Ryu- 40
Mii- 39
Lark- 30
Mega Man- 30
Lucas- 25
Missingno- 20
Takamaru- 15
Rundas- 10
KK Slider- 10
Black Shadow- 10
Travis Touchdown- 10
Lip- 10
Sam & Max- 10
Will- 8
Saki- 7
ROB- 5
Crono- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5
Simon Belmont- 5
De Blob- 5

And HERE is the *final roster as decided by the good members at GAF.

The Final* Roster

Mario Bros.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Legend of Zelda

Link
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf
Midna
Toon Link (Uncloned)

Metroid
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Rundas

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Missingno

Kirby Superstar
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

F-Zero
Capt. Falcon
Black Shadow

MOTHER (Earthbound)
Ness
Lucas
The Masked Man

Advance Wars
Will

Pikmin
Olimar

Fire Emblem
Marth
Lyn

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Wario Ware
Wario
Ashley

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus
Pit

Pilotwings
Lark

Punch-Out!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Animal Crossing
KK Slider

Panel de Pon
Lip

Startropics
Mike Jones

Nazo no Murasamejō
Takamaru

Sin and Punishment

Saki

Wii Series
Mii

3rd Party Characters (By Series):

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic

Tales of Symphonia
Colette

Gyakuten Saiban
Phoenix Wright

The World Ends With You
Neku

Well, as you can all see, this final roster is full of a lot of surprises and a lot of upsets. I’m surprised...I thought that certain characters were shoe-ins like Skull Kid, Megaman and Crono and even returning vets like Ike and ROB failed to make the final cut. *That is why I have decided to make one more round of voting. This will be a lightning round and all members now have a new 100 points to spread around (and the lowest you may spread the numbers out is by 25). However there is a twist. Those 100 points are both NEGATIVE and POSITIVE. I.E. You may use them in either way to vote against characters on the roster and to re-vote in people from the ALMOST made it list which is as follows:

Marina
Mega Man
Sam & Max
ROB
Crono
Jill
Mike (Battle Clash)
Tingle
Samurai Goroh
Karate Man
Ryu
Simon Belmont
De Blob
Skull Kid
Mewtwo
Roy
Geno
Ridley
Kumatora
Micaiah
Akari Hayami
King K. Rool
Ice Hockey Trio

You may only use your points on characters who made the *final roster or who are on the ALMOST IN list. Basically, this round will give the characters that really just seemed as though they could fit in the SSB universe another final chance and who her mentioned a TON a final chance. So yeah, you can use your points to subtract points from a character on the list as well as use them to add a different character on in their place.

So, here’s my vote, for example purposes:

+50 Crono
-25 Midna
25 Mega Man

There we go, a total of 100 points used both negatively and positively. Oh and one last thing, I will be keeping a very close eye on this round but will not post the final results until Sunday @ midnight CNT...

THAT’S RIGHT. IT’S A LIGHTNING ROUND BITCHES. GET YOUR VOTES IN OR THE CHARACTER YOU THINK IS SHIT WILL MAKE IT IN OVER THE ONE YOU LOVE! VOTING IS MORE IMPORTANT NOW THAN EVER AND THE FINAL OFFICIAL ROSTER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SUNDAY @ MIDNIGHT SNT.

Get to voting RIGHT NOW! THIS IS YOU LAST CHANCE EVERYBODY! MAKE IT COUNT!

Jiggy

+100 Colette

I was considering +50 for her and -50 for Geno but then Firestorm showed up. :( At least I'd get to destroy Geno repeatedly if he were in, I suppose.

Azure J

Firestorm said:
So this is a Hurt/Heal game now? Sweet, just like GameFAQs :D
-100 Colette.

I'm a dick I know.

Uh oh, I suspect a few posts from the WFC chan members incoming.

Now, if only I were more malicious... Missingno. *shakes fist* :lol

Edit - Looking at the results, this roster is still too tame... Also Daisy & Toad > Geno. Fuck Geno. :lol

Gotta play the part well after all... But seriously, fuck Geno. :p

Andrex said:
Screw you!

+10 Megaman
+90 Midna

Wii Will Rock U said:
This will be a lightning round and all members now have a new 100 points to spread around (and the lowest you may spread the numbers out is by 25).

There really isn't much point to this, given some of the votes, but what the hell.

+50 Jill
+25 Ridley
+25 Mega Man

MisterHero

Wii Will Rock U said:
Yeah, Ryu votes are fine.

And keep up the Neku love! :D
Well in that case, seeing as both mah boyz Lark and Little Mac made it, I can say with confidence

+100 points for
Capcom-Ryu.jpg

MisterHero said:
Well in that case, seeing as both mah boyz Lark and Little Mac made it, I can say with confidence

+100 points for Ryu
Awesome!

And actually you have brought up a good point. Characters on the final roster list are all safe until someone actually begins subtracting points from them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kulock said:
Wii Will Rock U said:
This will be a lightning round and all members now have a new 100 points to spread around (and the lowest you may spread the numbers out is by 25).

Oh, then I change mine to:

+100 Midna

Since Megaman seems to have enough support.

Wii Will Rock U said:
Awesome!

And actually you have brought up a good point. Characters on the final roster list are all safe until someone actually begins subtracting points from them.

Stop changing the rules! :lol

-100 Colette

Top Bottom