• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S6 |OT| Swanson Approved™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I could understand if Leslie did something actually "wrong" to provide some tension to the whole "recall" plotline but since it's mostly her fellow councilors being raging assholes and the citizens of Pawnee being idiots, the whole plotline just ends up annoying me. I hope they end it soon. Show is still great overall but I want this plotline over with.

I might be biased but I think that this was the best Tom Harverford subplot of the series. Maslany is amazing in everything she's in. I hope she gets to return to Pawnee frequently.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Not watching season 6 yet, but just wantto jump in and say that season 5 is fuckig hilarious. Did they step it up a bit?

ivysaur12

Banned
This was the best episode of Parks this season. Holy shit, I rolling.

"Dammit Tyfone, why'd you do this?"
"Maybe if you'd come to my Great Gatsby brunch, you'd bother to know."

And Maslany is just fantastic.

VanWinkle

Funny episode, but I have to say I'm actually getting more laughs out of Brooklyn 9-9 than this season of Parks. That is something I did NOT think I would say, since Parks has been my favorite running show for a few years now.

ivysaur12

Banned
Funny episode, but I have to say I'm actually getting more laughs out of Brooklyn 9-9 than this season of Parks. That is something I did NOT think I would say, since Parks has been my favorite running show for a few years now.

I absolutely agree, but this was a nice return to form for Parks.

#BossBitch

After the last two episodes were largely what will be looked at as missteps, tonight's ep was true Parks. Best Tom episode in quite some time, and BitchBoss/BossBitch was great.

Jammed!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe I should check out Brooklyn 9-9, I've heard some good things, but the trailer didn't do anything for me.

Glaser is always fantastic, but I agree that the whole plotline had no real significance. I wonder how much Ron's fortune is.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To me, this season really hasn't been that good. No big laughs, Ron seems like a caricature, and the writing just doesn't seem as clever as it used to be.

Showaddy

To me, this season really hasn't been that good. No big laughs, Ron seems like a caricature, and the writing just doesn't seem as clever as it used to be.

To be fair Andy leaving has upset the whole comedic balance of the show. Him and Ron were the 2 funniest characters anyway but now all the other characters are acting stupid to try and make up for the lack of Andy's goofiness.

VanWinkle

To be fair Andy leaving has upset the whole comedic balance of the show. Him and Ron were the 2 funniest characters anyway but now all the other characters are acting stupid to try and make up for the lack of Andy's goofiness.

Yeah, that's a good point. He was a major part of the show's comedy.

Vert boil

jamm2mdehv.gif

Really funny episode this week.

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=sndA3h4J

April: Thumbs up, Well that's all there is to that story, so no need for any more questions, So you've gone insane. That's fun, Because he is super into you, I know it's crazy, it almost sounds made up,

Ben: Where there's a will there's a way, Oh, well my accountant friends seem to enjoy them,

Ben's boss: I'm going to say this one last time Wyatt, check the accountant crap at the door (without ben saying yes sir, I will)

Dexhart: It's good stuff, Really good stuff

Donna: Massage, What did you say, ... Thank you

Jamm: High five, Patting hair, ohhh (burn), How dare you demean the value of the political points I'm scoring

Leslie: Reaction to doll, I don't hate that

Ron: The men who kills me will know

Tom: Staring at multiplicity, No, Silent screaming, Yes please, Bureaucratic incompetence, Guess we gotta make like daiquiris now, You think she'll marry me?

inm8num2

3 and 4 are probably the peak, but 5 was great and 6 has been very good so far (though lacking in Andy probably due to his film commitments).

Kurita

Great episode.
I've been liking the season so far, even without Andy. I guess I'm so attached to the characters that I don't care if the storylines are weak.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't enjoy saying it, but this season has been terrible. There have been a few laughs, but mostly it has just been terrible.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the reappearance of [MAJOR SPOILERS]
DJ Roomba
. I loved that guy!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My all-time favorite thing about Parks was Andy as the shoe-shinist. Consistently made me CRACK UP. Poor Kyle.

My order goes: 2>3>4>5>1 (I still like 1 though, personally).

Haha yeah, that was great.

Andy on the rollerblades was the greatest.

My all-time favorite thing about Parks was Andy as the shoe-shinist. Consistently made me CRACK UP. Poor Kyle.

My order goes: 2>3>4>5>1 (I still like 1 though, personally).

Haha yeah, that was great.

"Kyle! I'm gonna lose my shit on you!"

Agreed with your season order preference, but I think all of the seasons have been very good with each having its own strengths.

Linius

Classic Parks ep. Really liked Toms part in this one and Rons line about weapons cracked me up :lol

Oh and to me B99 can keep up with P&R but it's not better in any way. Certainly has the potential to reach the same heights.

Dereck

I could understand if Leslie did something actually "wrong" to provide some tension to the whole "recall" plotline but since it's mostly her fellow councilors being raging assholes and the citizens of Pawnee being idiots, the whole plotline just ends up annoying me. I hope they end it soon. Show is still great overall but I want this plotline over with.
This annoys me about the show.

all these comments about brooklyn nine nine. i bailed out of that shit after the second episode. it's really hard to find the jokes in there, it almost needs a laugh track.

these showrunners must have a problem with first seasons or something. it will probably get a lot better. also andy samberg's character talks weird. it's like he's playing a joke character on snl. just high-pitched as shit.

the law offices of babip, pecota, vorp, and eckstein

amazing little details in this show

There was also another Infinite Jest reference: Tom and April were at Montesian Memorial Hospital.

This was definitely my favorite episode of the season so far. "Isn't language fun? It's like racquetball for your mouth!"

Yep. At this point why does Leslie even want to stay in Pawnee? I know sitcoms don't really have to make sense, but that leeway only goes so far.

Then again, Pawnee can merge with another city in like five minutes, so it must just be a magical place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom