• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| of The Dreamcast of McGillicutty and "MAH SON!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

dream said:
Oh, jesus. The latest issue of the Observer has the tentative main event for Wrestlemania...

Undertaker vs Sheamus to unify the titles

I didn't think WrestleMania could drop below 500k buys but this might do it.

They're also building to
heel Cena vs babyface Miz in the co-main event
too or something.
Neither ME is exciting. Second match would bore me to sleep.

spindashing said:
Hey fuck you too, buddy. When Titslyn gets voted off I will have the party of my life raising my wine glasses up in the air, all suited up in Louie V with a bad chick on my side (AJ)
Here's a $20, girl scout. Go buy me some Thin Mints.

spindashing said:
You bitch. :lol I don't even remember seeing you around with your ghetto assed nikes, you must be a jobber.

N.O.D.
I just started watching "Sports Entertainment" and following this thread a few weeks ago when I noticed I get MyNetwork TV in hd.

I used to watch heavily in the late 90's when we had a pirate box and got free ppv.

Last night I started watching NXT season 1 on Hulu and reading the Feb/Mar threads, pretty entertaining.

RBH

New Fire Pro Wrestling game announced at TGS, exclusively for the Xbox 360:

msft-tgs-live-0508.jpg

msft-tgs-keynote0645.jpg

msft-tgs-keynote0650.jpg

:O

bean breath said:
I just started watching "Sports Entertainment" and following this thread a few weeks ago when I noticed I get MyNetwork TV in hd.

I used to watch heavily in the late 90's when we had a pirate box and got free ppv.

Last night I started watching NXT season 1 on Hulu and reading the Feb/Mar threads, pretty entertaining.
Yeah, I remember those pirate boxes. Welcome to WrestleGAF. We're usually a fun loving group. Known to light the PPV days with certain kinds of "lamps" if you catch my drift.

By the way, that Fire Pro Wrestling game looks awesome. Not 2D, but I'm interested.

dream

AnEternalEnigma said:
Matt Hardy just managed to get the muscle relaxer Soma banned from WWE completely, even with a doctor's prescription. :lol :lol

Because, you know, he decided he wasn't hated enough in the locker room. :lol

BOOOOOOO @ Fire Pro with Avatars WTF is that?

Where's my HD 2D Fire Pro with online wrestler, logo, and roster sharing? This one is sure to be neutered to hell and back because of them using the Avatars.

Net_Wrecker said:
BOOOOOOO @ Fire Pro with Avatars WTF is that?

Where's my HD 2D Fire Pro with online wrestler, logo, and roster sharing? This one is sure to be neutered to hell and back because of them using the Avatars.

Yeah that is why I said it looks shitty. Hopefully you don't have to fight as those fucking avatars. I want realistic looking wrestlers.

RBH

Fire Pro Wrestling (Spike, Microsoft Game Studios): Your avatar makes its debut as a pro wrestler! From Spike , creator of the Fire Pro Wrestling series, comes this pro wrestling game for everyone. Customize your avatar wrestler, choosing from a wide selection of costumes, before you step into the arena and run wild. Unlock new moves as you advance your wrestling career. Face off against family and friends in offline and online competitive play modes, including single match and tag teams. Ding-ding, round one!

ilmfirepro1.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/tgs/press-release.htm

:(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
evil ways said:
*pours 40*

I'm gonna dust off my dreamcast and see if I still have all the custom wrestlers, moves and mats saved unto my VMU.
Good luck. When the battery in my vmu died, it took all of my fucking saves with it

dream said:
Sob.

Diamonds are forever and so is
Mobile%20Photo%202010-09-15%208%2022%2015%20PM.jpg

yep, i had one of those carts that played imports for saturn specifically for that game, fuck it was amazing using wrestlers from wcw vs wwf and it even had all the classics

Lebron

spindashing said:
I never owned a VMU. I played Dreamcast games and continued them by leaving the system on. Boy was I a cheap ass.
*contemplates kicking out of nation*

If they got the MP3 VMU out I would have still have been rocking that stuff to this day. Ahh, I miss my Dreamcast.

justafad_tear.jpg

Look what you just did Spike! You made that baby cry from trauma. Fire Pro is now dead to me. Please Square-Enix give us ASPW 4 and save us from this Yukes dominated hell of modern wrestling gaming!

On a more positive note I went to FCW tonight and all of the NXT Divas were there. I got a pretty bad camera for far away shots (second row to in the ring) but I took some pics anyways.Once I put em on my comp, if they are good then I'll post em here xD.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
AKI: Will never make another wrestling game again
Spike: WTF IS THIS SHIT?
Yukes: LOL SMACKDOWN

That means our last hope for a good Puro game is...and I never thought I'd say this...

Square-Enix.

Foto+All-Star+Pro+Wrestling+III+(Japon%E9s).jpg

Despite it's flaws, ASPW is a really fun series. SAVE US, SQUARE! ANNOUNCE ASPW4!

You're our only hope...

EDIT: So how obvious is it now that ADawg and I talk on AIM? :lol

Lebron

AdawgDaFAB said:
Look what you just did Spike! You made that baby cry from trauma. Fire Pro is now dead to me. Please Square-Enix give us ASPW 4 and save us from this Yukes dominated hell of modern wrestling gaming!
Given their recent track record, I wouldn't trust them to save us :p

AdawgDaFAB said:
justafad_tear.jpg

On a more positive note I went to FCW tonight and took pics of all the NXT Divas there tonight. I got a pretty bad camera for far away shots tho (second row to in the ring) so idk how good they will come out. Once I put em on my comp, if they are good I'll post em here.

:lol :lol :lol

Can't wait for those pics, Adawg.

And don't kick me out, I'm just a ghetto born youth ._.

RBH said:
Fire Pro Wrestling (Spike, Microsoft Game Studios): Your avatar makes its debut as a pro wrestler! From Spike , creator of the Fire Pro Wrestling series, comes this pro wrestling game for everyone. Customize your avatar wrestler, choosing from a wide selection of costumes, before you step into the arena and run wild. Unlock new moves as you advance your wrestling career. Face off against family and friends in offline and online competitive play modes, including single match and tag teams. Ding-ding, round one!

ilmfirepro1.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/tgs/press-release.htm

:(

292toxc.gif

Lebron said:
Given their recent track record, I wouldn't trust them to save us :p

Would be better than what we have now. Plus each ASPW showed marked improvements from the last one. I loved 3, just hated the grinding needed to make a full CAW.

Lebron

AdawgDaFAB said:
Would be better than what we have now. Plus each ASPW showed marked improvements from the last one. I loved 3, just hated the grinding needed to make a full CAW.
I only played the second one at friends house cause he could play JPN games on his. It was pretty good once we figured out how to navigate through everything, though we had no idea who the wrestlers were :lol

Seraphis Cain said:
AKI: Will never make another wrestling game again

From what I've heard, it was more like "We will never make another WWF wrestling game again." Def Jam Vendetta, and Def Jam Fight For New York still used their wrestling engine despite veering more into the fighting genre. I read an e-mail response someone got from them a few years back, and they said they'd still like to make a wrestling game in the future, but didn't have the backing to do so at the time. Still, I highly doubt we'll ever see an AKI (now Syn Sophia) simulation wrestling title again.

And the Michael Cole Gong gif is :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom